Oh sh-t, Lombard vs. Palhares in December

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by FarooqHakim, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

I predict neither fighter ever EVER wins a UFC championship.
    test
  2. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

I hope Lombard murders Paul Harris. I dislike him.
    test
  3. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

if palhares wins then lombard is done.

win my leg lock

thats my prediction
    test
  4. LungZzZ

LungZzZ Well-Known Member

If you were in Canada, I would make a nice bet with u
    test
  5. LungZzZ

Lombard is DONE if he loses to one of the best submission artists in the UFC!
    lol Naw, but I'm with Demi, I hope Lombard wins...Either way this fight should be sick,
    I dislike NEITHER fighter!!!
    test
  6. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

I like Lombard too, but he seriously needs to sharpen his standup, transitions from standup to grappling, standup defense, technical striking, footwork, fluidity and elusiveness. These are some of the most glaring weaknesses in his game.

A good friend of mine is Antonio McKee. We've worked out numerous times in the past, and I expect to get him on video in a few weeks before after or during some sparring. I helped him tighten his striking, striking defense and transitions...and I see that gap in many grappling heavy guys.

Unlike many grapplers? Antonio holds a black belt in shotokan, and he's a solid boxer. Didn't take that much work to sharpen him up for guys like Volkman. [ Antonio got robbed in that fight, btw ].
    test
  7. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Tell Antonio to at least attempt to finish fights.
    test
  8. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Before this gets out of hand.....that last post was a joke.
    test
  9. DethStryque

No offense taken, lol
    test
  10. LungZzZ

UFC Jitters Deth? (On Hector's part),
    or have you been thinking this for awhile?

Other then the Tim fight,
    who was a considerably larger opponent,
    Hector usually looked pretty fresh.
    Rosey is a small guy, and not shy,
    so I expect this to be more of the fight we wanted in the first place...

I still don't get how Tim vs Hector wasn't exciting...
    Hopefully the jitters idea :p.
    test
  11. LungZzZ

Is this on the 29th?

Crazy how Hector again gets a BIG placement...I do realize he has a big contract,
    PPV numbers included, you would think he'd have to earn his way to something like a end of the year card...
    test
  12. LungZzZ

Just saw this was on the 14th, in Australia none the less, bye, bye Rosey, lol.
    test
  13. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i enjoy watching both fight

not sure who i want to win, but i do know id like to see lombard lose embarrassingly atleast once
    test
  14. N A S T Y

N A S T Y Well-Known Member

Lombard was injured
    test
  15. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

I'm in the states, but out of curiosity what statement are you making?

I really hope it's not that Palhares is a future champ. When I heard Yushin Okami was originally fighting dude I was legit excited for my own personal dickhead reasons, because I figured Okami would beat him in a cautious enough fashion that wouldn't make it look like a "It was just a freak flash KO If it had gone to the ground, Palhares would have bodied shit" type scenario. I could honestly picture Yushin defending every single take down attempt and out striking him in such a way that silences the stupid ass hype that dude has off of a couple of scary looking finishes.
    test
  16. LungZzZ

I think Hector can be a champion in the UFC, at-least interim.
    test
  17. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

could see hector beating a champion who wasn't silva
    test
  18. DethStryque

There is no way that Lombard becomes MW Champion with Silva, Evans, Vitor, Franklin, Chael, and a few other monsters able to make the cut to MW.

I hate weight cutters. Hate 'em. I think that the recently resurrected rule of weight checking fighters BEFORE they get into training camp should be more wide spread. And I think that no fighter should be walking around at more than 15 pounds over their fight weight. Not only is such a rule safer for all involved, makes and ensures money for fight promotions [ the incidence of "missing weight" will suffer an even more dramatic reduction, and such a thing will be totally inexcusable...therefore penalties like docking purses for missing weight will be more severe ], it evens the playing field. We don't have monsters like Hughes, Sherk, Rumble Johnson, Chael and Forrest etc. cutting huge amounts of weight to compete with men much smaller than they are.

Suddenly, weight classes would be super packed with talent from guys and gals at about the same size...and size is VITAL for sports with weight classes.

Jon Jones would be a heavyweight. Rashad Evans would be in that middle range at about 195 where he could fight MW or LHW...along with Anderson Silva. Almost everyone in LHW would be HW. HW would be 210-225lbs. We'd have the long overdue creation of the SHW Division [ SuperHeavyWeight ] where monsters of 230+ could slug it out.

Frankie Edgar would still be LW Champ, as he deserves to be. Ben Henderson--who I like--would be a WW, as he deserves to be. Urijah Faber would be LW, as he deserves to be. Did you know that Cormier--who I like--would have had one more Olympic run...but he failed to make weight? he made the team. He beat all the competition he needed to beat, internationally AND nationally. He just couldn't keep cutting weight.

Weight cutting is eventually detrimental to the athlete's health, career, amps the absolute certainty of severe injury and damage...and is a battle you're gonna lose anyway. Stop it. Man up and fight dudes your own size, at least in sports.

For Self-Defense first, sports next guys like me? It's a different story.
    test
  19. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

This.

Hector has crazy KO power so I'd say he has a shot but not likely.....and if Paul Harris can't get by Belcher.....he's not Champion material.
    test
  20. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Also Palhares isn't right in the head which will get in his way (again)
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.