oh boy, they're really putting that young shane mcmahon fellow over as a killer.

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by abz is dead., Feb 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jesus H. Christ

Jesus H. Christ The Ruler's Back

The problem with wrestling is that it's not appealing to our demographic anymore, and probably never will again. At least not WWE.
    test
  2. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

and the reason i use raw as an example, is because everybody says raw gets such great ratings... i bet most people fall asleep and forget they left the tv on.
    test
  3. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

its not appealing cuz they make it so gay and fake now.
    test
  4. abz is dead.

abz is dead. bobby the brain

i think they do have a lot of new fans, actually. so for some 12 year old cena mark, raw IS must see tv, and in ten years they'll be complaining about how wwe isn't as good as it was in the late '00s.
    test
  5. xX_NASTY_Xx

xX_NASTY_Xx Guest

test
  6. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

well even if they go pg for good.. that isnt an excuse for such predictable lame writing.
    test
  7. abz is dead.

and people would say that constantly swerving for the sake of swerves and retconning stories to make sense of nonsensical booking is horrible too.

which is what much of the attitude era was. i mean, didn't they have a storyline where in order to screw austin out of the title, mcmahon helped him win the title? i mean, really?
    test
  8. Jesus H. Christ

Jesus H. Christ The Ruler's Back

Yeah.

If we showed nwo footage to some new WWE fans, they'd look at us like we look at our grandparents when they show us "real music."
    test
  9. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

personally.... i prefer writing like that. i hate when everything makes perfect sense.... and its wrestling, it shouldnt. unless theyre going a serious direction with the product and completely moving away from "entertainment."
    test
  10. abz is dead.

so basically it's not that it's bad, it's that it isn't your taste.

that's different.
    test
  11. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

Truthfully.. there's some good in all that mess... its just the wwe does so many cheesy storylines.. like Hornswoggle sp? Mcmahon being dead.. all that dumb shit.
    test
  12. abz is dead.

just like the "choppy choppy you pee pee" angle with val venis or mae young giving birth to a hand.

there's always dumb shit like that, but people tend to forget about it when they're being nostalgic for the "good old days".
    test
  13. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

now they try too hard to be funny or shocking... like when dx was throwing poop on vince... so lame.
    test
  14. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

i think the major problem is that these writers don't know wrestling. they try television writers, writers fresh out of college and they don't know wrestling and they really don't have a lot of freedom more then likely. It's pretty much hit or miss for the most part. I think the last decent comedy writer they had was Patrice O'Neal
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.