**Official Ultimate Fighter Season 15 Thread**

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Makabreli, Mar 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Makabreli

Makabreli done

test
  2. : . :iza: . :

: . :iza: . : New Member

when does the next show come on???
    test
  3. Makabreli

Makabreli done

oh yeah, guess i did forget that

march 9 2012 on fx 9est i think

aka this friday
    test
  4. : . :iza: . :

: . :iza: . : New Member

haha... bet... who's leading the teams?
    test
  5. Makabreli

Makabreli done

dominic cruz and urijah faber
    test
  6. MDMAc Sabbath

MDMAc Sabbath one of #THEM

[youtube]mdJn-01F59M[/youtube]
    test
  7. Makabreli

Makabreli done

test
  8. Makabreli

Makabreli done

[​IMG]

jon tuck's broken toe
    test
  9. Makabreli

Makabreli done

The Ultimate Fighter's new season kicked off with sixteen live fights on FX. It was a really interesting and unique bit of reality TV and a landmark moment for TUF. The fights were only a single five minute round putting extra pressure on the fighters to go fast and hard. Also, anyone who finished their opponent received a $5,000 bonus.

Here are the full results for the event with each winner moving "into the house":

Joe Proctor beat Jordan Rinaldi by guillotine choke*
    Cristiano Marcello beat Jared Carlsten by rear naked choke*
    Sam Sicilia beat Erin Beach by knockout*
    Chris Tickle beat Austin Lyons by knockout*
    Andy Ogle beat Brendan Weafer by decision
    Vinc Pichel beat Cody Pfister by rear-naked choke*
    John Cofer beat Mark Glover by decision
    Chris Saunders beat Chase Hackett by decision
    James Vick beat Dakota Cochrane by decision
    Michael Chiesa beat Johnavan Vistante by rear-naked choke*
    Mike Rio beat Ali MacLean by rear-naked choke*
    Justin Lawrence beat James Krause by knockout*
    Daron Cruickshank beat Drew Dober by decision
    Jeremy Larsen beat Jeff Smith by decision
    Al Iaquinta beat Jon Tuck by decision
    Myles Jury beat Akbarh Arreloa by decision

* won $5,000 bonus for finishing opponent

So 16 fighters move into the house and the UFC gives out $40,000 in finish bonuses.
    test
  10. Makabreli

Makabreli done

[youtube]HnIje9ho0aI&[/youtube]

[youtube]ZB2GyhmPXmA[/youtube]
    test
  11. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Wow @ that KO

also well played by Cruz
    test
  12. MDMAc Sabbath

[​IMG]

yeah. i think this season is going to make me a cruz fan. he seems like a really good coach and he completely punked out faber and his whole team.

faber asks his team who wants to fight and all you hear is crickets on live tv.
    test
  13. MDMAc Sabbath

dude actually looked pretty good until the sloppy takedown attempt.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    test
  14. Kid Blackie

Kid Blackie to your Jess Willard

UFC Ultimate Fighter Live Wrap Up: Vick KO's Cruickshank
    by Fraser Coffeen at bloodyelbow

After last week's episode of UFC's The Ultimate Fighter Live, I said that I really enjoyed the new sports-centric approach that the live format gave the show, but that I was curious to see if the old TUF format would return. This week, for about 40 minutes, we were treated to a mostly typical episode of The Ultimate Fighter. The fight was made, the fighters trained, the coaches bickered (just a little) and all seemed normal.

Then the show went live, and the results were tremendous.

To put it simply, that live segment was everything great about The Ultimate Fighter, and further proof that the UFC made the right choice in changing formats this year. Let's start with the fight.

After his impressive showing in the premiere, I named Daron Cruickshank as one of my four fighters to watch this season, while James Vick left virtually no impression on me. So when this week's fight was announced, I was one of the many people who thought it was a done deal. Unfortunately, so did Daron Cruickshank. He overestimated his advantage, got sloppy (and at one point was cautioned by Urijah Faber for getting too loose), shot in with a careless takedown attempt, and was knocked cold. Just a beautiful display of the "anything can happen in MMA" idea.

What made it even better was the live component. Reality TV producers, no matter how hard they try, almost always telegraph the endings. They can't help it. Watch any reality show and you'll see an inordinate amount of focus on that week's eliminated contestant. Since they did not know who would be going home, they didn't edit accordingly, and that made a huge difference.

But the fun didn't end there. Post-fight, Dominick Cruz pulled the bizarre move of letting Faber choose who would fight Justin Lawrence next. And no one stepped up. Seeing Lawrence standing tall while Team Faber sat with their heads down was amazing. With Faber and his team struck mute, Cruz went right for the money fight - Lawrence vs. Cristiano Marcello. That's a HUGE fight, and one I thought could be the finals. The only question is - are Cruz and Lawrence repeating the same mistake Cruickshank made? Are they being too confident? Once again, I can't wait to find out.

Thoughts on James Vick vs. Daron Cruickshank:

I'm still not entirely sold on Vick, who wasn't using his reach well before the KO. Tall fighters who barely use kicks baffle me, and I think the general assessment that he's too reliant on his boxing is accurate. Still, that was an impressive win, and we'll see where he goes from here.
    I'm not writing Cruickshank off by any means. He got caught due to his own error, but hopefully he'll learn from that. He's a fighter I could still see sticking around the UFC if his traditional TUF Finale fight goes well.

Thoughts on Justin Lawrence vs. Cristiano Marcello:

Like I said, this was one of my early picks for the final fight, and it's crazy to see it already. It also means that after next week, 2 of my 4 favorites will be gone. I'm torn on this one. Lawrence is more well-rounded and more aggressive, but Marcello's calm, focused attack may win him the day. If Lawrence fights smart, he takes it, but if he gets pulled into a grappling match, he's done.
    test
  15. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

i thought the same thing when faber was like who wants to step up there was a long ass pause how embarresing and a great mind game by cruz to show how confident he is with his team
    test
  16. Makabreli

Makabreli done

that's it, cruz is the man

[youtube]P-KAzuPez1o[/youtube]

i forgive him for his decision friendly style. he's a great coach and dedicated as fuck
    test
  17. Makabreli

Makabreli done

test
  18. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

video had me nearly in tears

Lil Heathen killed it...
    test
  19. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Lloyd Irvin moonlights as Lamar Odom
    test
  20. LungZzZ

LungZzZ Well-Known Member

Haven't watched any of this season yet but I am actually starting to get a bit interested. Maybe my next Friday off I'll order some Swiss Chalet and sit down for an episode.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.