Official Ultimate Fighter Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by DemiGod, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Episode 2, here we go.
    test
  2. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Dude acting like a weenie.....bet he wins.
    test
  3. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Sloppy round.
    test
  4. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

test
  5. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

I wish I could text reminders for weekday events.
    test
  6. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

I'll fb spam you.
    test
  7. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

did the tall guy or the short guy win
    test
  8. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Tall guy won via tip top knee
    test
  9. LungZzZ

LungZzZ Well-Known Member

he KO'd the small guy??!!

Was this on yesterday? Fck'd up missing it.
    Sucks for Jones team if they took a hard L,
    that first pick on his team is going to really think they should of let him fight first.
    test
  10. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

that short dude was a wreck before the fight. i knew he was going to lose

and jones is a dumbass for even making the fight. i guess he wanted to look like a genius by taking out the top pick
    test
  11. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

They showed dude crying and melting down to the point I thought it was a mislead.
    test
  12. LungZzZ

LungZzZ Well-Known Member

He said in episode 1 he picked this fight (the 4th fight on the fight-list given to him by his Top pick) because he noticed one of his fighters really wanted to fight the #1 guy on Chael's team...If they would of got the job done, it would of sent a message.
    test
  13. Jest Chillin

Jest Chillin New Member

Problem is, dude he picked was trash. He honestly should've never even picked dude. His skillset was poor and he doesn't listen to instructions.
    test
  14. Brown Recluse

Brown Recluse Hermit, no crabs

Look guys, let's not get carried away here, it's best to get rid of the scrubs first no matter what...in chess you send the pawns out first...Think about it...if the pawn takes out the queen...it's worth the risk...now if the queen if does in fact beat the pawn...so what!!!

During one of the rounds, you will Bones say that too many people were screaming too loudly, making it hard for the fighter to hear his corner/coaches. Unfortunate, but it happens in all sports, bottom-line, dude just isn't cut out for the UFC currently.
    test
  15. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Yeah but in chess, taking a piece doesn't allow you to move again before the other guy.
    test
  16. Jest Chillin

Jest Chillin New Member

That's a cool little anecdote there but the reality is that Jones is not that much of a strategist. If he had any kind of real tactical thought process, he A) wouldn't have picked so shitty in the first place and B) Barring A.. he wouldn't have listened at the door like a little girl while a bunch of his own team proceeded to shit all over the guy that was about to fight.

Yet, when people corner fights in Arena's.. it doesn't stop them from yelling instructions and doesn't interfere with fighters hearing instructions. Sorry my dude.. but you're drinking the Kool Aid.

Preach on Brotha Demi!
    test
  17. Brown Recluse

Brown Recluse Hermit, no crabs

Jest, your points are all valid...I was just opening up other possibilities for what Bones may have been thinking

DemiGod, if you wish to split hairs, fine, although I understand what you're saying...I guess I'm comparing apples and oranges here

IMO controlling the picks shouldn't be a concern...the better fighter will win in the end...plus if you are good enough win or lose, Dana will sign you anyway...that's why he says leave it all out there when it's your turn to fight.
    test
  18. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

the guys who are the "better fighter" dont always win. since these guys have to fight so many times with very little time to make a gameplan, it usually comes down to matching styles. which is evident by numerous near clean sweeps by tuf coaches.

in this case matching such a tall guy with a short guy with little talent had no good outcome and lost him control. and by the previews of next week, it looks like chaels fighter KTFO of jones' fighter.
    test
  19. Duane Jackson

Duane Jackson Active Member

anyone want me to spoil it for you? hahaha, good season though
    test
  20. Jest Chillin

Jest Chillin New Member

ko definitely lived up to the hype imo.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.