Official Saw II Thread

Discussion in 'Movies, Entertainment & Various Music Genres' started by -Mac-, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

dude it wasn't a terrible movie.

It just had a few minnor flaws.
    test
  2. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Few minor flaws-Title, acting, and the script
    test
  3. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

I'll give you the title and script.

But the acting was great or at very least more improved than number 1.
    test
  4. MBlahzay1

MBlahzay1 New Member

ummm...

well if anybody noticed..that during the time of the events...when the scenes are on the cops...it never directly cuts back to the scene where the 8 people are at....it only cuts to there scene when the cops look at the moniters..hence the fact that its like a direct backtrack of what actually took place...

that was great planning of not giving it away that the feed wasnt live..only time it fucked that sequence up is during the end where it shows the 4 different settings of jigsaws place...the place where the crooked cop is...the place where the kid and girl is running..and the place where the cops where led to...so thats where it got confusing...but movie was straight....hopefully they'll end it there...that'd be a perfect ending to a movie and its sequel...
    test
  5. SuB zer0

SuB zer0 A.D.R.I.A.N.N.A

that had me dyin

but they didnt value there lives because they did dumb shit

gettin locked up sellin/on drugs etc

thats why they got picked

i thought it was good

i liked the 1st one a lil more though

there shouldnt be a saw III the girl is not gonna be as good as the old nigg@

but whatevea
    test
  6. LDogg The King

LDogg The King The High Life

yea i liked that... and i liked how the picture was actually shown as video footage when it goes into the house with people.. the screen gets more staticy which makes it a good set up to the end where u find out you were just watching re run footage.

good movie for sure.
    test
  7. Syza Koza

Syza Koza New Member

I would have thrown the kid into the needles with her.
    test
  8. Blaine Fontaine

Blaine Fontaine property hustla

the first one was better
    they should leave it alone now
    test
  9. AGENTSPITS

AGENTSPITS Got A BJ From AVA DEVINE!

i definetly think the 1st one was better

i think they tried to do too much with this one

it was a decent movie
    test
  10. Young Marc

Young Marc AKA Jae Skrilla

the old dude was so fucking funny

the black n.igga gave the huge musclebound dude a run for his money haha
    test
  11. ExodusIII

ExodusIII New Member

word....i was hoping the movie was a little more like the beginning...cause that was sick & actually spine tingling...

i disagree with the whole character bulding being flawed...this movie was about the cop....the people in the house were just pawns really....kinda went on a different tangent to the first...furst movie was better....the "players" were actually relevant....whereas the only players in saw 2 that had any relevance to the story were the son & the chick from the first movie....

i personally knew what the twist was gonna be....with the chick protecting the cops son throughout the movie....she was obviously trying to guide him away from harm which was her intention....

this was a pretty good movie....not as unnerving as the first....was a little more hollywood....but i felt it had pretty much the same feel to it...with the sound effects etc....i just wish it was a little more gory...

as for a saw 3....i'd definitely like to see a part 3.....but i'd like the "players" to be at odds with eachother....where their actions directly effect the survival chances of their partners....i'd also like the players to actually have some relevance to the storyline (ie develop the other players stories)....perhaps we'll see the cop pinned against some of the people he's put away....now that'd be cool....

good movie....not as good as the first....i found the "twist" a little obvious....but all in all it definitely didn't dissappoint....BUT MORE GORE IN PART 3 PLEASE!!!
    test
  12. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

opinons on this movie aside becuase it has been beat to death.

If they make a saw 3. how about jigsaw turns against the girl as a twist.

LOL!
    test
  13. ExodusIII

ExodusIII New Member

aint the jigga man dead?
    test
  14. p. haze

p. haze slap boxed with jesus

^Yea.. ••••• died.

It was one of the best movies I've seen in a while.

When dude threw bitch in the pit of needles.. that had me cringing really bad.
    test
  15. Mystery

Mystery New Member

NOTE: if you havn't seen the first movie or the sequal, I have no idea how you made it this far in the thread but if you did and you don't want the movie spoiled don't read my reply.

Yeah.

Plus, the guy was within 6 inches of the phone. He had a saw beside him. Instead of, oh i dont know, USING THE SAW TO REACH THE PHONE he cuts his foot off. Awesome.

I thought the ending was really shitty, but the deaths were cool enough to more or less make up for it.

I wish I could say the same for the sequel. The venus flytrap was ok, but it lacked the cleverness of, for example,making a cutter make his way through a razor wire room to gain his freedom. Also I think a lot of the scariness of the first movie was the lonliness and helplessness of the victims' situations. You can't duplicate that in a house with 8 victims. Plus the traps were so lame: watching someone burn to death is boring when you compare it to Amanda rummaging through someones guts to find the key.

I thought Jigsaw's philsophy in the 2nd movie was complete bullshit. The people were so stupid (uh why wasn't someone holding the door to that oven open when Obi was crawling inside?). And just in general the whole thing was a stupid move on Jigsaw's part: what if Xavier had killed amanda, what if Daniel had tried to open the door with the gun in it, there are so many things that could have gone wrong that would have fucked up the whole plan. You can't control every variable when there are so many people involved, and the constant leaps of faith really weakened the plot and ultimately ruined the ending.

Plus Amanda is totally going to suck as the new Jigsaw.
    test
  16. p. haze

^haha, good post!
    test
  17. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

jigga is not dead he was laughing at the end of the movie inside the truck.

I have downloaded the moive since then and rewatched since my first experience at the movie theater. Jigga is not dead.
    test
  18. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

test
  19. ExodusIII

ExodusIII New Member

you mustn't have paid close enough attention at the end....the whole thing had already been played out....the cop was watching his son via a recording....so jigsaw already knew that dude's son was alive....and had the cop remained calm and listened to jigsaw (as he requested) he would've had his son back...

as for holding the oven door...who would've expected the door to lock shut?? sure, holding it open would be the sensible thing to do...but given their situation i don't think they would've been thinking all that clearly...other than that...what if the door was strong enough that if someone was holding it they would've gotten their hand jammed in the door as it closed??

i dont think there are many flaws in the plot...it's the type of movie they go over to make sure all the pieces fit...

i did however think that the chick that put her hands thru the glass was dumb as fuck...that was a bit of a stupid trap...but hey....shit happens?
    test
  20. p. haze

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.