Official Rm Mixtape

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by streets, Oct 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BLooDSHoTT

BLooDSHoTT R.I.P. Point Game

test
  2. DoubleA

DoubleA YOUR TEAM SUCKS!!!

test
  3. Phantom

Phantom T'is I, Ray Ocean

test
  4. Arkon

Arkon ''Ozone check ya PMs''

wow someone actually listened to my Idea...im mos def. down for this

scream at me

emceearkon@gmail.com
    aim-Mc Arkon
    test
  5. Tier1

Tier1 New Member

ph1ud @ lycos . com
    test
  6. Wargasms

Wargasms Neva 2 Old 2 Bust Rhymez

Read This Everyone!!!

PLEASE READ!!!!!

First off...i must say..props to streets and blackanese for being that willing to stick their neck out there like that...but, the point is, yall dont have to ....Actually, DONT DO IT...it would be better if yall didnt.

RM dont need another MIXTAPE, it needs an OFFICIAL ALBUM..
    The best way to work on a collaborative effort is for everyone to get out of it what they put in...You dont put nothing in, you dont reap the benefits. Treat it as you would treat a real group project.

Everyone and their mother is trying to get on, now that shit is paid for...
    but that defeats the purpose of putting together a "serious project"
    it should be something that attracts heads that are serious about doing shit, serious enough to invest in it.

Like i said in this thread
    http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=815781
    we got to network, have each others back...get shit accomplished together...Not just wait for the chance for a freebie, or take advantage of other people's drive to do shit.

So basically, if yall throw in the money to just "make it happen" you going to basically end up in the same situation as Dely with the next big thing. Nothing gets accomplished. No real networking occurs. We dont separate the real from the fake..the Givers from the Takers...You going to have the motherfuckers who are just waiting to take advantage of anything free they can do for some little exposure all volunteering...half assing shit. Either that, or its going to become a RM popularity contest...where the people who got the money's people are the ones who get on. Either way...i think it would not jump off as intended....

Yall signing up for everything free. Sign up to PUT 20 DOLLARS into the project per verse....thats a minimal investment if you the least bit serious about your music.

Its time to change some shit...really weed out the dickriders from the dedicated
    this is how it should go...as i posted in arkon's mix tape thread,
    http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=815902
    i dropped this idea for working it...

How it could work:

20 track Compilation

producers: Have a beat competition...top 10 producers make the CD.
    each of the top 10 submits 2 tracks each of their best work for the project...
    no fee.

to get on these tracks...

first you have to meet quality standards...you connect with the producer...the producers are responsible for the product on their tracks...they mix it and it must be good workable quality acapellas for mastering purposes.

$60 per track.
    if you want a whole track to yourself...$60
    if you want to jump on with other emcees, ..yall can split it 3 ways or whatever for $20 bucks each, since you each will drop a 16, and get a verse.

20 tracks...60$ a track goes to Jeff.

20x60 = a 1,200 budget.

anrmusicgroup..im sure can work out a deal for manufacturing and commercial quality mastering of retail ready cd's for this price.

jeff wouldnt have to come out of pocket...but these cd's can go to him...he can sell these cds through RM.com...ship orders...keep the money for RM.com

that would make for 1000 cd's.

a cd goes to each person for each 20$ they contributed.
    a person who has a whole track, gets 3 cd's
    a person who has a verse, gets 1 cd
    producers each get 1 cd.

70 cd's sent to the participants...

930 cd's to be sold by RM. for RM to keep profit...everyone involved will be promoting it for the simple fact...its official. and they are on it.
    test
  7. Arkon

where My props at? it was my idea at first
    test
  8. Wargasms

^^^i bet its some motherfuckers in this very post who werent supportive of the idea when it involved a lilttle money. Its about more than putting tracks together...its about working on a collaborative effort....no free rides.

anyway...read the long post.
    test
  9. Wargasms

props to Arkon, for the idea, and for being one of the few reasonable motherfuckers here.
    test
  10. Arkon

i'd be ready to put 25$ into it, as long as I get a spot on it, cuz seriously, I think this could work, we juss need people who are ready to do it and that are sure to make it happen.

props to wargasms
    test
  11. Arkon

where mechaniks when you need him?
    test
  12. Wargasms

shit if nothing else comes from this, at least we will see who is down to invest in a project, and something will pop off....

we will find out who to fuck with on RM
    test
  13. Wargasms

ha, all the un-driven people can go drop their aim in Favians official RM thread.
    test
  14. eNfO

eNfO YEEEAH BABY

very nice plan

heres what i see wrong with it tho

not many rappers are gonna pay to be on the cd especially if their only getting 3 cds... unless there is a reason. If this is getting distributed online at least, it would be more worth it (such as sandboxautomatic and ughh).

id deff be down if this is the plan tho... just wish there was more of a guarantee that 930 cds get sold
    test
  15. Dely

Dely In The Trap

what i see ppl will complain about is payin 20 dollars to do a verse and get 1 cd
    test
  16. Arkon

^^you've been avoiding me on aim :(
    test
  17. Dely

Dely In The Trap

no i havent

i havent even been on aim
    test
  18. eNfO

eNfO YEEEAH BABY

dely

i got a hot ass track i wanted to get at you for the next big thing but you never got at me

trust me man, email me

enfo139@yahoo.com
    test
  19. DJ NoNseNse

DJ NoNseNse Nonsense Productions

I think its a good idea to charge people because this site is filled with flakers and people who procrastinate. If people pay money for this then most likely they wont flake out. Alot of people are selfish though. Its gonna be hard to get everyone to help promote it. I had a compilation come out early this year with tons of artist from this site. Only 4 people dished out any money to distribute copies. But if this is gonna be done u gotta make sure the rappers come correct. Theres alot shitty rappers on this site with horrible sound quality. So u gotta make sure everyone has a decent set up. If u cant get any of the top talent from this site dont bother. So make sure u gotta good line up of producers and rappers. Mixtapes are played. Drop an album. 4 page booklet and everything. A double cd would be nice but very hard to accomplish. Just make sure the cd gets mastered from a pro and not from anyone on this site.

Im down for this if this is really gonna go down. People start mixtapes everyday on here but they dont go thru.
    test
  20. Troll

Troll New Member

WTF, why is paying 20 bucks for a CD and 1 verse a bad thing?

You're getting YOUR shit on an album that other people will hear and take notice of. It's a great idea and if you don't want to pay 20 bucks, then don't, it's that simple, but don't call it a bad idea because you don't want to do it.

Wargasm, Arkon, Blackanese, Streets, props to y'all. I'm down for this.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.