Official: Ps3 Will Shit On Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by deadweather, Oct 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. !ron HorSe

!ron HorSe New Member

cheaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Playstation!!!!
    test
  2. deadweather

deadweather ******

i'm still waiting for you to list all those japanese RPG developers behind 360.

:: waiting ::

aint none.
    test
  3. deadweather

deadweather ******

uhh it most certainly did, ps2 overwhelming beat xbox when it came to exclusives and great games, soul calibur 3 isnt even attempted for neither gamecube or xbox.
    i already named a bunch of games that never came out for xbox. the only game i can recognize as a good exclusives are ninja gaiden.

i'm tired of fps, they are all the same, the same way you dont like RPGs. i guess its just a matter of taste. i dont like american development companies, they arent very original or creative when it comes to games, except for companies like iD and a few others. and morrowind has nothing on the final fantasy franchise which has been around for 20+ years.
    test
  4. Embassy Sweetz

Embassy Sweetz 360's thee-shit,-b

umm soul caliber 3 is a ps2 exclusive cuz they bought that license..which is why the game looks like crap...and favian..i posted all the jap devs in a previous post..im not doin that shit again...scroll the fuck up....
    test
  5. Embassy Sweetz

and RPGS are a dime a dozen just like FPSs....
    test
  6. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

what did i say was a lie about rpg's??

morrowind was rpg game of the year when it came out on many publications.....star wars kotr was rpg game of the year on its release almost unanimously.....jade empire recieved an overwhelming great response from publications and fans.....fable had good reviews overall.......the ps2 had more rpg's yes....most of them didnt fare that well........the ones that DID come out on the xbox rated higher then pretty much every ps2 rpg except final fantasy.......wtf did i lie about....and what is your point......you arent making one other then there are more rpgs on ps2....quality over quantity.....anyone with half a brain knows that........
    test
  7. deadweather

deadweather ******

the lie was. IF YOU'RE A fan of RPGS get an xbox. clearly an absurd statement. fable was not even an xbox exclusive, it was for PC as well.

PS2 had better rpgs, and i will illustrate it by pointing out the higest rated award winning games for PS2 and for XBOX

IGN EDITOR'S CHOICE XBOX GAMES

IGN EDITOR'S CHOICE PS2 GAMES

even if you ignore the fact that ps2 has a lot more award winning games and higher rated games, you will notice that ps2 has A LOT MORE award winning rpgs than xbox. xbox was a miserable system if you were an rpg fan, and if you're a japanese gamer, if the system does not have quality rpgs, then they stay away from the system. they dont fuck with FPS over there. its boring.

so lets total up the numbers

RPGS

# OF XBOX AWARD WINNING RPG's: 10

# OF PS2 AWARD WINNING RPG's: 20

and thats award winners, thats not even counting the other great rpg's that didnt win honors.

just some quick observations after scanning both pages:

less japanese games for xbox, a lot of rehashes, a lot of fps, a lot of gta clones.
    *yawn*
    a lot more variety for ps2, and a lot more exclusives.

period.

ps2 > xbox
    test
  8. Alexanderdahate

Alexanderdahate New Member

5 minute conversation with my boy on aim about ps3 and xbox360

a i m: yes, the PS3 will be the superior machine - vastly

a i m: xbox's graphics are based on R500 series radeon tech

a i m: where with PS3 you're looking at GeForce 8

a i m: price you pay to get a machine to market first.

a i m: $400 will buy you an xbox2, fast forward 6 months and that same cash will buy you a ps3

a i m: same way a cpu that costs $300 now (AMD64 4200+), in 6 months for the same money you'll be buying a dual-core

a i m: my mistake btw, i should have put 3800+, goof

then liquid i sent him your huge rant about the xbox 360 having a faster cpu and everything

a i m: they dig into the PS2 using RISC

a i m: lol

a i m: XB2 uses a PowerPC processor

a i m: XB2 uses a PowerPC processor
    a i m: which is a gen-5 IBM RISC unit
    a i m: Cell is the 6th generation IBM processor
    a i m: only difference is Cell was made to run ground-up to work in parallel as a multi-core unit
    a i m: if MS has anything to stand on, it's marketting - and getting out first
    a i m: getting out first means they can cut price when the PS3 launches
    a i m: drop from $400 to $350 or $300
    Lyrics: so in the end the ps3 is stronger
    a i m: and as for Team Ninja - i wasnt DOA4 :-(
    Lyrics: faster better graphics card
    a i m: and as for Team Ninja - i want DOA4

a i m: but lucky for me Koni is the most promiscuous publisher out there - is PS3 succeeds, Konami will port to it

a i m: better graphics card, better cpu

a i m: simple matter of MS selling what ATI had 6 months ago vs. SCEA selling what Nvidia will have in 6 months

a i m: and 6 months ago, ATI was playing 2nd fiddle to nV

a i m: but unless you're playing in high-def, there won't be a noticable difference

Lyrics: so only in high def will you notice the dif between ps3 and xbox360?
    a i m: most likely

a i m: most likely
    a i m: until games get too big to fit on a DVD
    a i m: then a single-disc game on PS3 (blu-ray) will be multiple discs on xbox
    Lyrics: so they'll look better due to blu ray?
    a i m: yeah, blu-ray's gonna blow the DVD away
    Lyrics: no but the games will look better due to bluray
    Lyrics: ?
    a i m: video sequences on PS3 will look and sound better, and they can pack in cinematics out the wazoo
    Lyrics: but what about gameplay is what im asking due to blu ray will the gameplay look different
    a i m: and Ps3 will play HD video, where xbox will inherit dvd's 80p limit
    a i m: 480p
    a i m: no, media wont matter there
    a i m: main factor in thwe graphics is gonna me memory bus speeds and amount of memory
    Lyrics: then the question is what system is stronger ?
    a i m: that'll determine the textures the unit can throw out
    a i m: no, all that really matter is who's more successful at marketting
    Lyrics: im just saying for the memory bus speed ecetra which system is stronger
    a i m: kinda like in the 90s
    a i m: PS vs N64
    a i m: N64 was hugely leaps and bounds superior to the PS in every way
    a i m: but nintendo fucked up horribly, and only managed to stay neck and neck with the PS (which they themselves aided in designing)

a i m: they have the same bandwidth speeds though
    a i m: 22.4GB/s
    a i m: also, the 360 shares its 512 as both system and video mem
    a i m: where the PS3 has 256 for video only
    a i m: then a 2nd faster bank of memory just for the system
    a i m: which is also 256MB
    Lyrics: ???
    Lyrics: explain
    a i m: 3.2GHz XDR
    a i m: PS3 has the memory edge
    a i m: dedicated memory to the system and video seperately means seperate channels for each
    a i m: and likely allso shorter channels at that so there's less latency
    a i m: Xbox360 is working basically like a budget video card
    a i m: it doesn't have its own memory, it's leaching off the system memory
    Lyrics: so the ps3 is stronger on all cards
    Lyrics: just though high ass development costs

a i m: high cost for dev kits, and will probably cost more than the 360 at time of launch

and thats where the nerdy ass conversation ended yada oh yea hes a system builder
    test
  9. deadweather

deadweather ******

xbox = 0WN3D
    [​IMG]
    test
  10. Embassy Sweetz

and favian why are u arguing the xboxone vs ps2???..everyone knows xbox ddint have a shit load of Rpgs...were talkin about THE NEXT GENERATION genious...microsot if makin sure not to make the same mistkae and has support from a bucnh of jap devs WHISH I ALSO POSTED UP...so u have done all that work for nothin...way to point out the obvious...and alexanderwatever...so im gonna trust ya boys judgement over legitimate industry analysts from top publications...???...get...the fuck...outta here....and even ya boy recognzed that fact that the ps3 is like the 64...which was a pain in all hell to dev for and never truly beat out the PSone...
    test
  11. deadweather

deadweather ******

send me a link to the developers list for xbox360, dont tell to scroll up i cant find it.

and splinter cell is NOT better than metal gear solid. i've played them both. splinter cell is uninspired pale imitation of metal gear with horrible character design and an un-engaging storyline.
    test
  12. Esko

Esko Retired M O D

un;ess you're gonna show all the great things developers are saying about the other next-gen consoles dont bring this stuff in here....we're not gonna have fan boy shit going on......
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.