Official: Ps3 Will Shit On Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by deadweather, Oct 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. White Nightmare

White Nightmare fuckin white nightmare.

i still got ma sega genesis...... what the FUCK is a playstation?
    test
  2. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

its obvious 90% of you dont know wtf your talking about...

microsoft has a huge advantage over sony as far as development.......sony has a strong installed base of fans and existing developer support....but this is why they wont be as successful as they were with the ps3 as they were with the ps2 over the xbox....

1)....the original xbox was thrown together to quickly compete with sony's ps2..microsoft didnt spend as much development time and research in creating something that would truely be new to the market......believe it or not........the ps2 is more powerful then the xbox when it comes to crunching numbers...it uses advanced risc processing at around 350mhz while the xbox used a very basic core which was a stripped down version of a P3 733mhz....more compatible to a celeron......the risc processor overall is a faster processor because it uses less functions to do what a normal cpu processor would do....(R.educed I.nstruction S.et C.omputer) ...the PS2 also used the original ps1 cpu for i/o instructions on top of running the older games

now....what made the xbox come out on top was the gpu built by nvidia......
    we have the same situation happening again..but this time nvidia went to sony and ati jumped on the 360...the ps3 IS more powerful then the xbox 360 when it comes down to raw processing power but not by as much as sony wants you to believe..... the fact of the matter is..the 360 has a more powerful gpu by ati...unless your streaming 10 movies to 10 different tv's as a media server or creating an on demand video streaming device........thats useless power coming from the ps3....it does nothing to aid in video gaming.....id rather use a ps3 to make beats or put together a movie then play games at this point from what ive read on development.....the 360 is better suited to play games

2) the Risc processing in the ps2 made it more difficult to program games for the ps2.......which is why most of the time developers would create the ps2 version first....and then shift the inferior version to the xbox because it was tougher to get the code working on the ps2 then the xbox......thats mainly cause microsoft was smart in using dev kits that were similar to creating pc games....thats why it was so easy to port so many pc games to the xbox and they just didnt bother with the ps2 version...for instance recently.....far cry instincts was completely canned and taken off the ps2 lineup and was created only for xbox...cause of dev issues...the same shit is happening again.....understand....that no matter what sony feeds you.....they are NOT a software company.......they are not a COMPUTER company......this is MICROSOFT TERRITORY.......you arent gonna beat microsoft at what they do when you aint even in the same largescale market....sony makes dvd players, tv's and pc's from 3rd party parts....microsoft makes SOFTWARE....the 360 development kits will shit all over the ps3.......shit that will take weeks to create on the ps3 will take days on a 360....simply because teh process is streamlined....microsoft knows how to feed developers easy kits to work with.......sony......doesnt........thats not what they are good at.....they are good at creating electronics....not software....microsoft designs hardware in this case with software in mind FIRST......Sony is working backwards....hell the cell situation is still in theory they dont even know if it will work well....microsoft had been pushing the idea of easy Dev kits since about a year ago as XNA...the dev community loved it....read up on it

3) Microsoft already has an installed base over online gaming.......and it runs great.....sony's is very spotty and doesnt have a tested system....its pretty much in the hands of developers and servers arent controlled like on the microsoft live network.......the marketplace idea of microsoft will pick up heavy......people will be selling shit on xbox live like its ebay.....the camera system and voice recognition system is already built in for the entire service......they have licensing already for expanding the same tech to the 360......sony hasnt even started working on thier system yet

4) Microsoft has the support of japanese developers now...the game is changing......they have a shit load of RPG's coming out as well......they know thats what the japanese market wants........aside from the usual american rpg's......they purchased RARE....which is responsible for Goldeneye, perfect dark and conkers bad fur day.....all classic nintendo games.........perfect dark zero is a launch title for the 360.....its gonna make people forget about HALO for while.......they are also developing Kameo which was supposed to be a huge game for the gamecube.....again...with the purchase of rare.....its now a 360 1st party software......microsoft has made thier 1st party situation HUGE.....between rare and bungie......its a wrap.......

and the craziest shit?

Team ninja is behind the 360......
    ninja gaiden is one of the best games period....shits all over devil may cry....

splinter cell in gameplay is better then MGS......the whole tom clancy line with ubisoft has a good relationship with microsoft ..(ill admit MGS has way better story lines.....but not gameplay)

final fantasy? im not a fan of rpgs....but if i play an rpg id rather play morrowind over final fantasy......so look for oblivion to make a big impact on the rpg scene....also fable 2 ....
    test
  3. Embassy Sweetz

Embassy Sweetz 360's thee-shit,-b

lol..those cats arent gonna come back in here...they have nothing to say..we basically shut down every argument they cud ever conjure up lol...sheep will be sheep..let the bahhh if they want to...
    test
  4. Alexanderdahate

Alexanderdahate New Member

yawn patrol ps3 will be better check the specs peroid end of story better graphics card piping ecetra and better core faster cpu enough said and mgs4 looked more amazing then anything on this planet please get the fuck outta here
    test
  5. Alexanderdahate

oh and ninja gaiden is ok its good really good but its not great like god of war and your wrong sony has more broadband adapters out then ms has live subscriptions and remember the guy from team ninja helped build the 360 partially they consulted him hugely get serious
    test
  6. LiQuiD6

your an idiot...and its easy to see you have no information to back your claims....its all opinionated....if you wanna go into opinions: ninja gaiden is considered one of the BEST games to come out on any console in the past 2 generations by various publications and owners of the game........now back to facts: regardless of how many servers sony has they dont have a large amount of dedicated servers.....a lot of thier servers are licensed meaning they dont own them.......ms owns thier own live service.....and nothing is licensed other then the speech technology used during voice chat...........and the "team ninja guy" didnt help them "hugely".....they asked him what would be the best way to approach the system so that developers would have an EASIER time making games for the platform....which again justifies why MS will win the developer war........ Think about it....who better to tell you what they want to work with in a new system other then one of the most talented developers in the business......give me a break.....you guys are blatant FAN BOYS

do i have to copy paste again?

here let me simplify

.......the ps2 had a faster cpu then the original xbox.........
    the xbox had a faster graphics card then the ps2........

the ps3 has a faster cpu core set then the 360.....
    the 360 has a faster graphics card then the ps3.......

its the same shit all over again....

what dont you fucking understand?

the key phrase here....is that sony wont be AS successful as they were with the ps2 over the xbox with the new ps3 over the 360......
    i am not saying microsoft will take over with the 360.....thats rediculous.....mainly cause there are still idiots like Alexanderdahate who will buy anything with sony's name on it......I used to work retail for many years......i KNOW that people are more brand loyale first....then actually researching and testing for themselves without bias as to whats the better product.....i have converted many "sony" only fans....and many "bose" only fans........

open your eyes and ears.....and realize shit isnt as warped as you think it is....
    test
  7. Ax Cess

Ax Cess Huh...

GameCube I believe is narrowly behind Xbox in World Sales....XBOX sold like 4 units in Japan lol
    test
  8. Ax Cess

Ax Cess Huh...

you're all idiots.....go REV baby!

Seriously tho whomever said FFXII is going to XBOX needs to be shot....FFXI is going to 360 yes but its already on PC and PS2 and they get no graphical update over the PC version and no extra features to even utilize the console to its fullest.

FFXII is going to be on PS2 PERIOD, and FFXIII on PS3(already comfimed)

PS3 will have superior graphics as stated by the industry, XBOX fanboys will try and down play the difference just as PS2 fanboys tried to down play the difference in this current gen.

I think personally I'll pick up all 3 eventually but PS3 and REV first no doubt, PS3 and 360 basically are getting the same games and REV is the only unique console out this coming gen....yall can hate all you want but BIG N really has something and not one person in this thread has even givin it a shred of thought.
    test
  9. LiQuiD6

the industry hasnt stated shit.....you pulled that comment out your ass.....if anything the industry says they will be closer in performance then anyone expected

again....fuck final fantasy...if i want to sit there through boring dialogue and do repetative shit to level up just so i can get to the next part of the game then id rather read a book......ill be playing Elderscrolls oblivion on my 360.......fuck a final fantasy.....

the 360 will not be behind the ps3......your crazy.....ati's architecture on thier new gpu is beyond what is being used on the ps3 by nvidia.......the nvidia gpu is more like whats out now....as a matter of fact most higher end nvidia cards come stock with dual video outputs....its no wonder that the ps3 will do the same...cause they are just throwing a fixed version of future planned pc gpu......the ati gpu has technology that isnt even going to be utilized yet....they are "futureproofing" the system.....

Big N has nothing for me.....i dont like platformers for the most part........i dont like role playing games so fuck zelda......i dont like mario anymore.....i dont care for metriod prime....id rather play halo or doom or quake or call of duty 2 or perfect dark zero........i dont care about pokemon (that shit is gay).....i do like the revolution controller.......i dont care about paying for games i can get for free off the pc emulator sites that ive already paid for in the past......i do care about online...nintendo isnt ready for the online market like MS is.....nintendo no longer has rare...microsoft bought it off them.....

so.....big N has nothing goin for me....not even much of an option.......i like the controller.....thats bout it...........

as a matter of fact....at this moment.....the ONLY game i want to play on gamecube......is resident evil....other then that.....that system has NOTHING appealing to me......its all kiddy shit.....not a mature system......

i dont understand sony loyalty.....aside from a couple of exclusive 3rd party titles.....theres the same games coming out for MS and Sony systems at any given time.....i can see how people follow the final fantasy and metal gear series (both originally nintendo 3rd party exclusive franchises).......but seriously.....sony is interested in one thing only....proprietary systems........sony's stake in the electronic market is TERRIBLE.....the only thing holding them up is the ps3.....and thats mainly cause they STAY trying to create proprietary hardware so that others will have to license thier products.....but shit never catches on cause they arent exactly intelligent with the way they put together thier devices......the betamax.....the minidisc....the memory stick.......the umd.........now they see the ps3 as a chance to shove blu-ray and the cell chip down the throat of the pc and entertainment markets......they arent gonna do shit to change gaming......they pull smoke and mirrors.....show you one thing......and switch at the last minute and tell you oh um.....thats a representation of whats going to be coming soon......they did it with the ps2.....they are doing it again with the ps3.......

MS seems to be the only ones that get it.....the video game demographic has gotten older......we grew up with this shit....and were older now...20's - 30's.....the thing that has changed in the video game community isnt the games as much as its how people interact with each other while playing games.......something like counterstrike on pc isnt popular simply because its a good game......there are many good games that go under becuase no one talks about it...no one can communicate or create a large user base and extend what was created by the developers...........the modifications.....the clans....the user base......they keep those games alive for years after they are out......microsoft is trying to take what has been going on for pc games for years.....and implementing that to the console world.....no longer will you just buy a game and it sticks to the way it was when you first got it a year later.........they want to enhance product after you purchase it....and make it user customizable......

either way......you guys are blind as fuck........sony is riding off of good 3rd party contracts and the fact that they will sell cause of thier name.......people STILL to this day think SONY equals the best TV on the market......when they are NOT....the same way idiots who know nothing about audio equipment think a "bose" is a great audio system......sony has lied many times showing shit to the general public and not delivering on what was promised......microsoft has been playing its cards all the way and showing what its got in its hand....you guys fall into that smoke and mirrors shit way too easily...or just have a really short term memory

if you cant live without final fantasy, mgs, devil may cry, rachet and clank or socom....then by all means stick to your ps3....

if you cant live without zelda, old snes and nes games that you can download on your pc, mario party 7 and you like the new rev controller which prolly wont be used that much ala touch screen on the DS......get the rev

if you like multiplayer gaming and mod enhancement to existing games...if your a fan of rpg's..you have bethsda software....who cranked out 3 classic franchises on the XBOX, Team ninja support (DOA or Ninja gaiden), Bungie (halo) and RARE(pdz) or you just love first person shooters (quake, doom, halo, perfect dark, call of duty )...get the 360

brand loyalty kills.....go with what has what you like.....not the hype
    test
  10. Ax Cess

Ax Cess Huh...

^one of the fanboys i mentioned in my post....

and no i didnt pull anything out of my ass, read whats been said and come back and edit your post
    test
  11. nice n simple

nice n simple Is Stimpy On Crack ?

shit, i tell you this much.. i wil be copping the xbox first, then the ps3
    test
  12. deadweather

deadweather ******

u can pop all the shit u want with xbox 360 specs, they will be neck and neck with graphics and speed, thats NOT what it comes down to. The real BATTLE that determines who wins this generation will be who's got the better games, who's got more exclusives. if the graphics are about the same, no one is gonna think twice about graphics, but they will care about which system has the most games they want.

the sheer amount of exclusives and fantastic games the ps2 had compared to xbox, is a huge indicator of who will win this next war. many japanese companies have a great relationship with sony already, and they will continue that relationship. i have yet to see games like metal gear 3 and castlevania games and devil may cry, JUST TO NAME A few on xbox.

games is the only thing that matters, if the graphics are fuckin sick, it wont matter if the game is shite.

period.

i'd rather play my NES than a fuckin N-GAGE, and so would most other people.
    what does that tell you?
    test
  13. deadweather

deadweather ******

that shit u said about RPGs is the biggest lie. XBOX is the last system you should go to for RPGs. playstation has xbox beat in RPG and Action dept. only thing xbox got ps2 beat on are graphics and multiplayer. NOT games.
    test
  14. Embassy Sweetz

obviously favian has read nothing...all the big japanese RPG companys are making titles for the 360...u think microsoft...the fuckiin THIRD REICH of the bussiness world wud make the same msitake twice...???..GTF outta here...they got the jap developers on LOCK...it will be an intersting race and i think it will come down to the developers...which every system is easier to work with will have more titles and franchises under its belt...and as of right now..the ps3 stlll doent even exist to me...i wanna see some HARD specs IN ACTION..not on paper...not in a CGI movie running in real time...GAMEPALY FOOTAGE of wat this thing can do..until then..the ps3's " capabilities" is still a theory...
    test
  15. deadweather

deadweather ******

What Japanese Rpg Developers Have Signed On?
    Come On. Which Ones? you say ALL OF THEM have signed on. thats a pretty broad and bold statement. so tell me, you sound awfully sure, so you should be able to provide these details

what JAPANESE RPG developers have signed on?

so far the only japanese developer someone has named so far is tecmo, and they dont make RPGS

bungie/rare are not japanese, and neither makes RPGs. Not only that, i just checked out a list of upcoming xbox360 games, and all of them are american produced, and only 3 out of the 15 i saw were RPGS.

the ratio of RPGS to all other GENRE's on the xbox will always be small.

i said this in a previous post already:

PS2 RPGS
    http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews-ps2ed.html

xbox RPGS

http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews-xbed.html

any honest person can see thats substantially less.
    test
  16. deadweather

deadweather ******

http://xbox360.ign.com/previews/index.html

I JUST DID A QUICK count of the ratio of jap games to usa games.

4 games are japanese produced (and one of them was a game already available for pc and ps2. ffxi)

which means that only 4 out of the 33 games for xbox360 thus far are japanese. lol

4 out of 33! thats all!

pathetic.
    test
  17. Alexanderdahate

ps3s power superpasses it they've even said it already that its the evolution of gaming please get the fuck outta here the ps3 graphics chip is the strongest out peroid stop fanboying it up liquid take the bill gates hat off i know you live a room full of nothing but windows but relax
    test
  18. deadweather

deadweather ******

its not even about power man its about the games, they are gonna be neck and neck with graphics, its gonna be a question of games. ps2 beat the shit out of xbox when it came to great games. thats all i really care about
    test
  19. LiQuiD6

Ax cess and alexander the hate have no clue wtf thier talking about....

nothing to even address....they dont even use facts to support thier arguemtents

the point is.......MS has 2 major rpg companies behind it.....that produced 4 top tier rpg's of the generation.....Jade empire, Star Wars KoTR 1 and 2 and morrowind.....bethsda and bioware are very big companies when it comes to rpg's...and you can add fable to that list since on some publications it was raved upon and others it wasnt....it still sold a lot of units...they arent japanese....thats bout the only thing you can say about them......but they have a big fan base and a lot of consumer support.....notice.....all of those rpg's on the original xbox.....none of them were japanese.......

now with japanese developers taking an eye at the 360 there will be even more rpg's on MS's box ....
    Team ninja gives MS a bit of credibility with the japanese developers.....they are starting to see that working with MS isnt such a bad thing...which is why you have exclusive japanese rpg's being created just for the 360...you cant tell me 99 nights doesnt look good

the ps2 didnt beat the shit outta the xbox with good games......i prefer the type of games on the xbox to the ps2......im not an rpg fan......i like fps games.....i like tom clancy games......i like multiplayer.....the xbox was built for that....the ps2 had it as an afterthought......id rather play ghost recon over socom.......id rather play splinter cell on xbox then on ps2......as a matter of fact i bought an xbox soley on liking splinter cell 1.....id rather play ninja gaiden then devil may cry....id rather play morrowind then final fantasy.....i wait for games like doom, far cry, half life 2..thats my shit....chronicles of riddick.......forza motorsports shits all over grand turismo...straight knocked it out the box...aint even a contest no more.....id rather play games online on the xbox then on the ps2 because of the more polished interface and implemented system......
    test
  20. Embassy Sweetz

man go back and read my post genius..i posted a list of all the jap devs that signed on to the 360...and theres a diff between japanses developers anf RPGS...xbox will have BOTH...japs DO play more than just rpgs....mechwarrior type shit is HUGE over there..along with party games etc...360 will have aLL of that PLUS RPGS......
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.