Official PS3 Price

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by -Oz-, Jun 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Embassy Sweetz

Embassy Sweetz 360's thee-shit,-b

yeh but wat if blu-ray never catches on..??.like betamax..??..or minidisc..??..or UMDs..??....

then ur stuck with a 600 dollar rock...

sonys track record is HORRIBLE when it comes to this kind of shit...

and as i posted earlier..its wayy to early to be forcing another format on people..shit dvds been aroudn for like 6-7 years..??..thats still young as hell...
    test
  2. bigcfk24

bigcfk24 New Member

word

why cant they just step the system up a little bit, and keep the price close to the last system?
    instead of filling with loads and loads and loads of shit?
    PS2 needed 8MB of memory for most games, maybe you'd need a second memory card.
    wtf are you gonna do with 60GB?
    Movies, pictures, music, and shit?
    PlayStation is a station for play, not other things.

id get a nintendo, if anything
    test
  3. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

Sorry the avg middle class in DC Metro area can... maybe not around the fucking country but around here its not that big a deal. And also read what I said, "the avg middle class person is going to have" future tense... Which is what stats are showing. 19million ppl in the states already have them. Include that with it being around 70 million by 2010.. Yeah like I said many ppl that will buy a PS3 will have HDTV's either now or in the future. Shit it makes no sense to buy a Xbox 360 if you don't have atleast a LCD, or Plasma either. Shit doesn't look as good and is a waste if you aren't getting the fullest potential out of the console.

Good job buddy, if you take out the hard drive system the price drops again. What is your point? We all know if you get rid of a component the price will drop. That isn't what Sony wanted.. they wanted to be the first, and with their new processor chip and the blue ray.. they will do so. They keep proclaiming this is not a gaming system, it is an entertainment system. So you pc, video games, Hd dvd setup all in one. Do some like that idea, yeah... do some hate it cause of the increase in price.. yeah. Do the ppl that can get it and will get it give a shit what others think..no.

And I would respond to the rest, but really no need. Cause it is obvious. PPl buying ps3 will buy it cause they either are brand loyal, or wanted the "newest thing." I hate XBOX 360 cause mine took a shit on me after a few months of ownership. If my PS3 does the same thing, then I will be back on here to say it is not worth the price at all. As for now, I can tell you my Xbox isn't worth fucking 100 dollars let alone 300.

And why would Xbox drop their premium price even lower. They are losing a fucking grip right now. No wonder my boy Gates is stepping down. hahhahaha jk
    test
  4. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Word, im saying though. They act like thats a selling point...its not. Its just a worthless feature they can claim they added on.
    test
  5. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Theres a reason ONLY Sony is doing the Blue Ray, and its because the other companies arent sure of it. If other companies are skeptikal, then how is a consumer gonna be expected to care enough to buy it?
    test
  6. Embassy Sweetz

u missin the point tho...most peopel who currently own an HD TV are ATILL screwed cuz BLUR RAY only works with the NEW HD TV's that support 1080p....so if u got a TV even a 1 year ago u still cant view 1080p resolution...which is wat blu-ray is promoting..ALSO your TV has to have HDCP..which is a new chip thats only in the TOP TEIR of current TV's..so once agin if u dotn have that chip in your TV then its not compatible with BLU_RAY..THIS is was im talking about...they are forcign this shit...VERY few people can even USE blu-ray right now..and the rest of the people who want to buy it dont even KNOW this info...and the same goes for HD-DVD...

the thing with thr 360 is u dont NEED an HD Tv to use it..will it make it better with HD..?? hell yeh...but its not required...thats wht i prefer the 360 ...i have a choice...if i wanna use a reg tV i can..if i wanna use a 80 inch super plasma i can do that too..watever..

and my whole point with blu-ray is that since MOST people wont even be able to USE it..they might as well offer a cheap model WITHOUT IT...that wud make soo much sense and even be able to compete with the cheaper 360...but this is sony..they're fuckin arrogant and stupid...

and im sorrya bout your 360 buts thats a main reason why i sold the one i got on launch day..any new pice of hardware will have defects and shit...especially on the 1st shipment so i backed off and waited till the newer joints came in which have dam near 0 defects...

and ps2's track record is ass for launches too..the ps2 has sooo many problems when it came out..som im expectign even worse for the ps3 sense they're shoving so much crap in there...

i dont understand why sony cant jsut make a fuckin video game system..they gotta put everything in there...theres prolly a fridge and toilet in there too..lmao...

if i remember correctly the ps2 was also called a " computer entertainment system" ..and looked how THAT turned out haha...sony is out of there minds...
    test
  7. Embassy Sweetz

oh yeh and if having HD TV's is " not a big deal " in your area then thats not middle class homie lol..thats upper midd class at the lowest...especially if they got the BRAND new joints u'll need for ps3...
    test
  8. Embassy Sweetz

nah fam sony has ALOT of people backing them...90% of hollywood is behind them as well as most computer companies...the only reason is because they got CRAZY amouns of copy protection...thats all they care about..it has nothing to do with having a " better" picture...if blu-ay can keep people from bootleggin shit then they're happy...
    test
  9. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Here is the truth about Blu-ray....

Sony is using the PlayStation 3 to act as something of a Trojan Horse to get players into people's homes. If the PS3 is roughly as successful as Sony's past consoles, that would mean somewhere around 100 million Blu-ray players in homes all over the world in around five years or so, not counting standalone players.

Being as Sony pioneered the technology, should Blu-ray win out over HD-DVD and supplant DVD as the standard in home video, the company stands to make a fortune raking in a small percentage for every Blu-ray disc sold, similar to how it currently takes a licensing cut for every game sold.

Is sony stupid and dead.... I don't think so.
    test
  10. Embassy Sweetz

yeh but theres a few problems with that..

1. price - 600 dollars is a ludicrous price for a game system..especially for middle class america..and contrastly the ps2 debuted at 300..which was reasonable even at that time...

and plus..the people who REALLY want blu-ray will go out and buy a real blu-ray player which is going for around a grand...since the blu-ray player in the ps3 will be pretty crappy..just like the dvd player in the ps2 was crappy...same with the xbox dvd player...

2. Blu-ray needs HD signal to function..once again...less than 25% of peopel have them...where as DVDs functioned on ANY TV...

3. cheaper alternatives for gaming - people have a choice..the 360 is going to get 75% of the same games as the ps3 and look dam near identical( thats wat game developers are saying) , plus parents will likely go with nintendo anyway like usual...last generation..the only competition for the ps2 at launch was the dreamcast...which was dead in the water by then...xbox and GC came a year later...

4. blu-ray discs costs - blu-ray movies are going to cost around $35 a pop...when the exact same movie on dvd will cost 19.99 or so...and the normal DVD works on any TV...

i dont think either format will win...its just too early...sony already tried this with the psp..they got millions of umd players in peoples homes now..and umds are still failing ..

and dont forget that the ps3 will still play dvds just fine...so people will still have access to thier Dvds without having to buy blu-ray...so even tho sony will ship alot of blu-ray players in the ps3..they wont be getting used...and most profit on hardware comes from the sales of software aka movies...and if people dont blu-ray movies then the movie studio dont make any money then eventually they will pull away from blu-ray..just like they are with umd...

so sony is taking a huuuge risk...they are basically putting their company on the line with blu-ray...if blu-ray fails...and playstation sales drop...then sony is in biiigg trouble...their money isnt as long as microsofts...
    test
  11. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

90 Percent of Hollywood = .000000000000000000000000000000000001 percent of the general population.

Aint nobody bootlegging Ps2 games to the point where it hurts them like CDs and DVDs. That shit is ridiculous.
    test
  12. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Well, the blueray players will be getting used, since the games are on the discs. The only difference is, Blue ray is suppose to provide better HDtv, and like people already said, 99 percent of people aint got that kind of hdtv, and damn sure aint gonna invest in it when they need a G for the system alone. So basically, the PS3 might look better than XBOX360....if you got a few g's to plop down on a new HDTV.

I got a big screen HDTV, but its like 3 yrs old...I damn sure aint gonna just get rid of it because some rogue video game company wants to change shit. The difference to DVDs from Cassette tapes was huge, the next generation wave of DVDs wont be like that, because its basically the same format. A movie on a disc...only thing changing is supposedly the picture quality. Bullshit.
    test
  13. Embassy Sweetz

yeh but having 90% of hollywood backing u means 90% of all movies that come out with be on that Blu-ray shit...at least at 1st...

and game sales dont drive media sales..so just cuz the games are blu-ray doesnt mean blu-ray will be successful..if thats the case then then those umd discs for the psp wudnt be faling so horribly...

and hollywood is putting ALOT of money behind blu-ray..and if sony cant get US..the people..to buy blu-ray movies for our brand new ps3's..then all those hollywood companys will drop that shit...which puts the WHOLE load on sony..and they cant afford that..they'd crumble...

oh yeh and just becuase blu-ray can OUTPUT 1080p super resolution..doesnt mean developers will use it..alot of game companies have already stated that they're only using 720p ( same as 360) for they're games since makin that shit 1080p costs a shitload more money and time...lol so 1080p may not even be gettin used...

lmao i cant wait till this winter...all this bluray/Hd-dvd/ps3 controversy bullshit will be funny to watch unfold...ha
    test
  14. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Hollywood isnt going to alienate its market of millions of people with DVD players to get them to buy 900 dollar blue ray machines.
    Thats idiotic.
    test
  15. Embassy Sweetz

of course not...but they are spending hundreds of millions of dollars on blu-ray and other copy-protection...cuz its too easy to bootleg a DVD..so thats why they are pushing Blu-ray and Hd-DVD...but they're not dumb enough to pull all thier DVDS off shelves...them shits will still be there for awhile since no one knows how this blu-ray HDDVD shit will pan out...just like VHS tapes were still popular when DVDs came out...but that didnt last too long cuz DVD was a giant leap forward while blu-ray is just a slightly better picture that u cant bootleg...
    test
  16. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

By the time the next phase of DVDs gets in high gear, be it HD DVD or Blueray DVD, the next console will likely be out or on its way out.
    test
  17. KriminaL

KriminaL Guest

You think you guys have it bad?!

The system alone is $1000 here, (which would be cheaper in american dollars), but still .. ontop of that, i gotta buy games, another controller, the recharger.
    Shiiiit.

I remember when the PS2 came out like .. 5 years ago? and it was $900 ..
    I saw one today for $120.

*Shakes head*.

But yeh, i'll be buying a PS3.
    It better be fucking worth it though
    test
  18. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

you guys are completely missing the big problem with the ps3......

the dual systems....

Sony's agenda is TRUE HD........

1080p is TRUE HD according to sony and they shat on microsoft for only supporting 720p or 1080i........

heres the dilemma.....

Sony has two sku's.....

one at 500....which doesnt have an HDMI HDCP output

and one at 600.....which does....

You will not see many ps3 games in 1080p...lets face it...the machine just isnt that powerful enough.......just like the original xbox actually has some games in hd @ 720p......

Sony bashed Microsoft for releasing 2 sku's to the public..saying it would confuse the consumer........but microsofts machines are the same.....the only thing different is what comes in the box.....you can always upgrade one to be EXACTLY like the other.....

Now with sony theres a problem......because the 2 ps3's are actually DIFFERENT.....The functionality of the blueray player is USELESS (to me and you) as far as HD is concerned if you dont buy the 600 dollar model....your stuck at a res of 540p with the 500 dollar model which isnt even up to HDTV standards its more just an EDTV signal with a bump....if people upgrade thier tv sets and do purchase 1080p sets in the future?.........the PS3 model at 500 dollars is NOT upgradable......you will have to purchase a NEW ps3.......(the upgraded model) in order to view your movies in HD........which completely defeats the purpose of sony's "True HD" idea......

this is all done as a copy protection system.......by using hdmi on the 1080p signal you can prevent other digital products without a signature from using it......and then.....since the 500 dollar unit doesnt have the jack..it cant even display hd through analog cause sony doesnt install the convertor on that system......

this is the dilemma......
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.