Official OTBVA Football/Soccer Thread 2011/2012

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by Kunty McPhuck, Aug 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padwan87

padwan87 I AM NEIL LENNON

thts why i have only been goin to friendlies for the last cupple of years,its not even just the tiket tho,its the price of booze taxi's etc added on tht really piss me off.
    test
  2. Mr. Maverick

Mr. Maverick Future Top Tier

Arsenal man...... I just don't get it, the season starts in 2 weeks, we all know what areas need to be improved on and we can see players that are linked to us but for some reason we are pussying around praying that the other club will accept whatever lowly amount we bid and end up not buying the player. We should have been had Mata, Samba or Cahill by now smh

This season is gonna be emotional for us I can tell
    test
  3. Jinky Rctongs

Jinky Rctongs New Member

Snieder to Man United would be a problem.
    test
  4. GORLAB_OG

GORLAB_OG Chi Ali when da funds low

Kunty do you like the Michael Jackson statue outside of Craven Cottage??

lolololol
    test
  5. PeePee718

PeePee718 Member

suarez is going to rip peoples heads off this year

henderson for 20 mil pounds? i hope he is worth it

whoever said torres is going to be top goalscorer is totally wrong and im not hating cause he left

YNWA
    test
  6. proteam40

proteam40 god speed, centipede

Gervinho will be a beast for Arsenal, mark it down.

******* - leaving this here so I can find this post quickly to edit it when/if I'm proven wrong in a few months
    test
  7. PeePee718

PeePee718 Member

gervinho is a beast. i remember seeing him play for ivory coast at the world cup

hopefully he will get playing time
    test
  8. padwan87

lol i said it.

how can an opinion of what might happen be totally wrong before it has happened?torres will score more thn suarez imo.
    test
  9. PeePee718

PeePee718 Member

Just my prediction

suarez is a goal machine, torres is a streaky player in which he will definetly score more than last year, but saying that he will be PL top goal scorer?
    i highly doubt it
    test
  10. padwan87

with a decent set of players behind him he will do a lot better thn he did at lfc,and if he don't get top scorer thn i can see him get 20 easy but we gon see lol
    test
  11. PeePee718

PeePee718 Member

Torres has only scored 20+ goals in only 1 league season throughout his whole career.
    what team you support?

looks like celtic in your avatar, but im blind
    test
  12. padwan87

it is celtic,you ain't as blind as you think lol.

and i dunno what it is i just feel like he will get a gd few goals this season,i dnt like chelsea at all really but i think torres will do well.

dnt get me wrong suarez is a great player and he will have great service so i might be eatin humble pie when may comes round,but i thought i would make a choice early,i will make my real predictions on the season the week tht it starts.

c'mon the canaries lol.
    test
  13. Bakez0151

Bakez0151 BANTERRR!

even if torres scores more than suarez (i don't think he will), suarez will have the bigger impact

suarez massively improves any team he is in, his link up play is perfect, he can definitely finish chances and of course he has magic feet to get past players

at the copa america suarez was the best player by a country mile imo

expect a lot of this
    [youtube]gfrgJe34OMY[/youtube]

the only doubts i have is how him and carrol are going to fit into the team together
    actually i have no idea what are team is going to be haha
    test
  14. Kunty McPhuck

Kunty McPhuck aka Mr C U Next Tuesday

Its great for the kids
    test
  15. padwan87

aye bino dnt get me wrong,i think suarez is an amazin player but i just thought i would take a wee guess at who will be top scorer.i think suarez will be a better team player but torres will get more goals.

tbh i would quite like liverpool tae win the league this season,for king kenny's sake,i just don't see it happenin tbh.
    test
  16. Bakez0151

Bakez0151 BANTERRR!

ye i get ya la

dno tho

if chelsea dont sign sum1 like modric ther in a bit of trouble

gna be a ard job for villas boas, especialy wit essien bein out

cnt see torres playin better than them than he did for us, who knows tho

us winnin the title is a season or few too early

if man utd get sneijder its game over
    test
  17. padwan87

tbh i want fergie to get anotha title b4 he retires but i ain't really got any allegiances to teams down there,i tend to side with ppl with scottish players/managers,stupid as fuk i kno but fuk it.

yeah chelsea need to get the chequebook out tbh,if not for modric(vastly overpriced) thn at least someone of tht ilk.
    test
  18. TheProle

TheProle Pls go, Milhouse.

My sentiments exactly. The sad thing is that it's not even that we're short on money, money is in surplus around the Emirates, it's just our freakin' board is so frugal they refuse to spend anything more than 15M. Why are we trying to pay 18M for Jagielka, when we can/could get Cahill for 17M or Samba for 11M?

Fabregas will go this summer, guaranteed. That money better be used or I'm going to be pissed.

Wrong. He would probably be killed in France or Spain. They don't like the grit and disrespect he has in the game, bad things would happen.

Predictions for the league:

Arsenal finishes second.
    Van Persie leading goalscorer (and misses no more than 5 games in the season)
    Liverpool finish lower than they did this season. You can't concede 3 goals for every friendly you play against no-name competition.
    Liverpool to experience (hopefully) financial hardship. There is no way you should spend 20M on a player like Henderson, or 35M on Carrol, and not be punished for being a dumbass.
    Manchester City win the EPL. Aguero scores 18 goals, Silva top 3 in the league for assists, Dzeko scores 10.
    Manchester United finish 3rd. Rooney does better than he did last year. Gets 10+ goals and assists. Fergie retires.
    Chelsea finish 4th. Drogba outscores/outassists Torres.
    QPR finish 10th.

EZ.

Gunners all day.
    test
  19. attxlatt

attxlatt New Member

Liverpool are gonna be in for a suprise this season 'King Kenny' is going to have a hard, hard job.

Manchester City (my club) have the best team and if they gel properly and go for it a bit more i believe they can win the league. United are stronger than last year but they won it because of their home form and because other teams lost it.

Top 4 - Man united, Man City, Chelsea, Spurs
    test
  20. Sven_Eb

Sven_Eb Member

So Van der Sars tribute game starts in 15 minutes will they show it in the UK? Should be a fun game, still kinda pissed I didn't get tickets but oh well Beer is cheaper at home anyway.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.