Official OTBVA Football/Soccer Thread 2011/2012

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by Kunty McPhuck, Aug 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kunty McPhuck

Kunty McPhuck aka Mr C U Next Tuesday

:funny:

To scare the muslims in Frisbury park, there is a mosque near the ground
    test
  2. padwan87

padwan87 I AM NEIL LENNON

test
  3. padwan87

test
  4. TheProle

TheProle Pls go, Milhouse.

I read halfway through and nothing interesting happened? Someone lodged a fake bid for that Balkan striker, and Lennon is trying to keep the team together is all I got form that article.
    test
  5. padwan87

damn u really did fall off prole lol.

Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell has mocked claims of a £9m offer for Rangers' Nikica Jelavic.

Ibrox sources had suggested that they had received the bid from an unnamed club for the Croatia striker as the transfer deadline approached.

"We have had a lot of interest and we've not encouraged that interest," Lawwell said of striker Gary Hooper.

"Last night, we got a £29m offer for Hooper, from an unknown agent, from an unknown club, from another universe."
    test
  6. TheProle

Leave me alone haha.

[​IMG]

I read that quote, and got it, but it didn't mean all too much to me.
    test
  7. padwan87

lol rangers released a statement sayin they had recieved a 9 mill bid for jelavic from an agent on behalf of an unnamed club.

so lawwell just takes the piss outta thm with his statement,i found it funny as fuk,guess i am too involved in it tho
    test
  8. proteam40

proteam40 god speed, centipede

Ruiz for Fulham is a good signing. Bit out of left field cause he's had big teams after him before. I reckon he'll either wind up being to them what Arteta was to Everton (not style-wise but importance/stature-wise) or get sold either next season or the season after to one of the top 4.
    test
  9. AsWeProceed

AsWeProceed Well-Known Member

w. t. f. @ time warp kid? is that a screencap from deadline day sky sports? this little artful dodger could clean up as an extra in itv period dramas imo
    test
  10. TheProle

I reckon Ruiz won't be a Fulham player in two years. He's got an explosive amount of potential, and I think he'll take the EPL by storm. Dempsey and Ruiz as attack-mids/wingers...... cot dayum..
    test
  11. AsWeProceed

i doubt he'll ever go to a top 4 team tbh. spurs looked at him for a long time and it's not like they couldn't afford the 10 mil. i've seen quite a bit of him and he's a total luxury player, won't be an out-n-out goalscorer at this level (1 in 2 in the dutch league is equal to about 1 in 8 in the prem imo...) but might scratch together a decent partnership with zamora. not good enough to replace his equivalent in any top 4 side imo but depending on his attitude and his cahonas could end up a mid-table legend for fulham.

worst deals of the day:
    arteta & benayoun - arsenal need the help but fabregas has been half way to barcelona for about a year now so what the fuck has wenger been doing in that time? waiting for yossi benayoun to become available on loan? smh

modric - £40m for modric and spurs say no? firstly, if chelsea could go to 40 they done fucked up wasting time offering 22m and 30m for so long. secondly, how the fuck are tottenham gonna turn down 40m for modric? he's 26 next week and he's got about 5 goals and 5 assists in the prem, ever. shit you could get 5 van der vaarts for £40m wow...
    test
  12. proteam40

proteam40 god speed, centipede

Apparently Modric was 3rd in the prem in created chances but like you said barely had any assists. How much of that is to be blamed on Crouch/Defoe/Unspellable and how much of it is a bullshit stat I guess we'll see, depending on how well Adebayor plays.
    test
  13. TheProle

I don't think the Arteta deal is one of the worse. I think it's a pretty solid deal. HOWEVER.... how the fuck is Arsenal going to end up with Benayoun??? ON A LOAN???? I've never heard of something as ridiculous as that. Of course I hope he is successful, and whatnot, but we could have done leagues better.

We have the money, and there were players available. What more does Mr. Wenger want?
    test
  14. TheProle

Miralem Pjanic (Bosnian midfielder, ex-Lyon midfielder) is 21 years old, and he was sold for just 11M to Roma. He was offered to Arsenal, supposedly, and we rejected him. Are we fucking serious right now? This kid has an insanely bright future. He, along with Hazard, were touted as the next big thing years ago in the French League, Hazard obviously is shit tons better now.

Gahhh, the frustration of being an Arsenal fan. Plus we lose 8-2. FMLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.
    test
  15. TheProle

Modric's overvalueing is a crime as far as I'm concerned. Chelsea actually offered 40M for a player who is pretty much above-average. His team wins more often when he's not on the field for fuck's sake. His stats are horrible. Maybe he's flashy? I guess, but why in the world would a bid of 40M be lodged for him?

Sorry for the rant/triple-post, I'm taking it all out.
    test
  16. AsWeProceed

^ let it go, brother, let it all out...
    test
  17. Kunty McPhuck

Yup. On another forum we were lulz about how inbred the stoke fans looked
    test
  18. padwan87

peter lawwell wins at life lmao.

test
  19. attxlatt

attxlatt New Member

sooo city had the best transfer window?
    test
  20. Kunty McPhuck

Nah QPR I'll say. And after that United, just because of how they have started and the way the new young players have played and be focal in their start. The same could be said for Citeh how Kun & Nasri have shown thus far, but Citeh just have too much money so it makes it easier for them. United havent had to use giggs really, and they lost Scholes & Van Der Saar, yeah De Gea has ? over him, but United lsot alot of experience, while Citeh never lsot anyone of importance.

QPR went from being certain downers, to they have a good chance of being mid-table. Yeah the forwards are a bit shyt not PL quality, but the midfield is and thats important. And there is another window to come so im sure they can get some more players when needed, which they will be.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.