Official ONE FC 2: Battle of Heroes Thread (finished, Bob Sapp vid included)

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Makabreli, Feb 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Makabreli

Makabreli done

check videos here

results from bloodyelbow:

Headlining the event is a lightweight battle between Ole Laursen and Felipe Enomoto, along with a featherweight bout between URCC Champion, Honorio Banario and Bae Young Kwon of Korea. Also on the card, Rolles Gracie takes on Bob Sapp in a super-heavyweight bout.

Main Card (LIVE on PPV)

- Felipe Enomoto defeats Ole Laursen via Submission (Rear Naked Choke) in Round 2 (3:49)

- Bae Young Kwon defeats Honorio Banario via Submission (Rear Naked Choke) in Round 1 (0:56)

- Rustam Khabilov defeats Rodrigo Ribeiro via Unanimous Decision

- Gustavo Falciroli defeats Chul Kim via Submission (Rear Naked Choke) in Round 1 (1:12)

- Rolles Gracie defeats Bob Sapp via Submission (Strikes) in Round 1 (1:18)

Rolles Gracie vs Bob Sapp

[youtube]6xWVCSHymgE[/youtube]

Round 1

Sorry the for the late start everyone. Rolles shoots in for a takedown, big knee by Sapp. Rolles gets Sapp down and moves to knee-on-belly and looking for ground and pound. Sapp throws up legs and is actually going for an ankle lock, Rolles appears to be in no danger. Rolles, escapes and back to side control. Rolles putting on punches and knees, and Sapp taps to strikes at 1:18 in the first round.

Rolles Gracie defeats Bob Sapp by Submission (Strikes) 1:18 Round 1

Soo Chul Kim vs Gustavo Falciroli

Round 1

Quick start, Kim shoots for single leg. Falcirolo stuffs the takedown. Falcirolo catches a kick and gets a takedown but Kim scrambles to feet and shoots in again for that single. Falcirolo transitions to back and locks up quick rear naked choke, puts hooks in and Kim taps.

Gustavo Falciroli defeats Soo Chul Kim by Submission (Rear Naked Choke) 1:12 Round 1

Rodrigo Ribeiro vs Rustam Khabilov

Round 1

Both fighters are finding their range at center of cage. Khabilov lunges forward with jab-cross, cross looks like it landed. Ribeiro misses spinning back fist and leg kick. Over hand right hits Ribeiro, but he drops to mat, Khabilov in the guard. Ribeiro staying aggressive in guard, breaking Russian's posture. Khabilov working the body, fights off triangle and chooses to go back into the guard. Khabilov escapes armbar set up, stands and re-enters guard again. Triangle attempt, Khabilov escapes, stands up in guard and lands some big punches. Riberio looks hurt, Khabilov moves to half guard. Riberio puts Russian back in guard. Russian stands up from guard and then throws a flying punch to land in guard again. 10-9 Khabilov

Round 2

Ribeiro bleeding from the mouth at the start of the round. Fighters high five at the start of round. Khabilov throws a few kicks, Ribeiro slips under a punch and shoots for takedown, stuffed, Riberio tries again, gets Khabilov against cage but stopped again, fighters back to center of cage. Leg kick by Khabilov and a failed takedown by Brazilian, fighters clinch against cage. Belly to belly takedown by Khabilov, working north south on Riberio, landing knees. Brazilian rolls back to guard. Russian striking from inside the guard, Ribeiro tries to lock up triangle but Khabilov lands soccer kick to stop it. Khabilov standing over Ribeiro, throws legs aside and lands big punch and slides into side control. Riberio gets back to half-guard. Riveiro hurt! Russian flurries, but Riberio pushes him away with legs, that was very close to being stopped. Round ends, I think there is a case for a 10-8 here, but judges likely not going to award it. 10-9 Khabilov

Round 3

Riberio smiling and flexing before round starts. Riberio takes a kick in the leg, attempts a head kick in return. Khabilov comes running in for double, Riberio stops, and then tries to jump guard for guillotine choke but looses neck instantly. Back in guard, and the Russian is working the body. Riberio's guard noticeably less active than in pervious rounds. Ref stands them up. Riberio tries another guillotine and they are in guard again. Riberio is looking for an arm from guard, Khabilov driving into guard, trying to defend. Ref stands them up again. Riberio shoots for takedown, Khanilov stuffs, and Riberio rolls to guard. Brazilian tries hail marry triangle, but Russian stands out of it. 10-9 Khabilov

Unofficial result 30-27 Khabilov

Rustam Khabilov defeats Rodrigo Ribeiro by Unanimous Decision

Bae Younh Kwon vs Honorio Banario

Round 1

Prospect vs Veteran here. Banario comes out throwing side kicks to find range. The veteran Kwon lands a right hand falling away. They reset, and Kwon clinches, jumps on Banarios back, puts in hooks and locks up rear naked choke. Banario taps quickly.

Bae Younh Kwon defeats Honorio Banairo by Submission (Rear Naked Choke) 0:56 Round 1

Feliepe Enomoto vs Ole Laursen

Enomoto walks out wearing Samurai mask. Laursen is coming in after a huge weight cut, it will be interesting to see how it effects him in the later rounds.

Round 1

Fighters touch gloves and start training in the middle of the cage. Laursen wants a quick finish and Enomoto is happy to brawl. Big right hand by Laursen. Left drops Enomoto. Laursen in Enomoto's open guard, setting up for a triangle it looks like. My stream is in and out. I'm back and Enomoto is trying to lock up an arm in guillotine choke. Laursen passes the guard, gets out of the guillotine and then quicklyt takes Enomoto's back. Threating a choke, but Enomoto defends. Enomoto rolls in guard, round ends. Based on what I saw (missed about 2 minutes) I'd score it 10-9 Laursen

Round 2

Strong leg kick by Laursen to start the round. Pick swinging hooks land for Laursen, Enomoto is landing also. Good right cross by Enomoto. Another strong inside leg kick by Laursen. Lead hook is really working for Laursen, and as I say that Enomoto counters a lazy hook with a straight right. Laursen is slowing down. Time called for Enomoto, who took a finger in the eye. They restart and Enomoto is starting to unleash strikes at range. Laursen is punishing the lead leg with outside leg kicks. Enomoto flurries while Laursen covers up, blocking most of the punches. Laursen is slowing down and getting countered by Enomoto. Head kick lands on Laursen and Enomoto pounces on him. Takes the back and is working in a rear naked choke. Laursen taps.

Feliepe Enomoto defeats Ole Laursen via Submission (Rear Naked Choke) 3:49 Round 2

that weight cut seems to have had an effect on Laursen, who clearly slowed down part way through the second round. Enomoto did a great job of taking over the match. thanks for waking up guys!
    test
  2. Makabreli

Makabreli done

more from the same soure:

So ONE FC just concluded their second show, and here's a quick round-up and immediate thoughts after attending the event:

Not that it surprised me that flyweights would bring the most excitement, but the Fight of the Night for me, was definitely the undercard bout between Team Lakay's Geje Eustaquio, and Alex Silva of Evolve MMA. Silva took a lot of hard shots, and was heavily bleeding throughout the fight, but the guy kept on coming. Geje fended off several very near submissions, and grinded out an exciting back and forth bout that had the Filipino fighter winning most of the striking exchanges.
    The main event bout between Ole Laursen and Felipe Enomoto was very very entertaining as well. First round went back and forth with Laursen winning most of the stand up exchanges. On the second round, I'm not sure if it was just fatigue, too much show-boating, or a mixture of both... But Laursen had his hands down when that head kick dropped him, and led to being choked out.
    I really enjoyed the leg kicks and strikes from the clinch that Laursen threw, but Felipe proved to have an excellent chin though, taking all those hard shots throughout the fight.
    I also want to see how the video from Yasubey Enomoto's GoPRO camera turned out. If you didn't notice, Felipe's brother and cornerman (who is an M-1 Champ), was wearing a camera on his head and was recording their entire fight.
    As for Bob Sapp... Well, he got his paycheck, and I don't think a lot of people are surprised.

CFC Champion Gustavo Falciroli, who is a 2nd degree BJJ blackbelt, did what a more decorated BJJ champ in Leandro Issa couldn't, which is to submit Soo Chul Kim. Great win, and it solidified his slot as one of the most promising bantamweights to watch.

Soo Chul Kim is extremely young, and he's a very good fighter with tons of potential, so he has more than enough time to turn things around. I think ONE FC should stop booking him against very very tough and experienced fighters though, so they can let the 20-year-old fighter develop properly.

Bae Young Kwon got a great win over Honorio Banario. Much like the finish from Falciroli against Kim, the Filipino made a small mistake, and Kwon took advantage by quickly transitioning to the back for the choke.

Rodrigo Ribeiro is a very tough and durable fighter with excellent BJJ, but from what I saw, I think that BJJ-first mentality might have played a part on his decision loss. I'm not sure if it's just me, but it seemed like he wasn't really looking to get up at the times that he had the chance, and he seemed too content on dropping for guillotines and pulling guard. That kept him on the bottom, constantly eating punches from the Sambo champ in Rustam Khabilov for majority of the fight.

Khabilov lived up to what people have been expecting of him though. I'm really interested to see how he does moving forward.

Jessie Rafols looked a bit more tentative than normal, and he looked to have lost confidence after his takedowns got stuffed. Irshaad Sayed deserves his props though for a very impressive victory. He looks big for the weight-class, and he possesses very good stand up skills much like his teammate in Vuyisile Colossa.

The Indonesian fighters on the undercard didn't seem to know much BJJ from what I saw on their bouts. At one point on that Pete Davis fight, I think I saw his opponent attempt one of those schoolyard headlocks.

Not really related to the event, but one of the weirdest things I saw on the night, was from one of the "media" members wearing a cage-side photographer's pass, constantly taking pictures of himself MySpace-style. He has his own camera pointing to himself, and showing off his pass with his other arm, and the cage on the background. Weird.

You may have heard the announcer mention that people were getting in late cause of the traffic. It's true. I thought Manila traffic was bad, but it doesn't even compare to Jakarta's.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.