***Official NBA playoffs thread.***

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by G-Rob da great, Apr 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chickenwang

chickenwang (the) state of the art

nice
    test
  2. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

You have to look at the context of Ron's foul though

It was in the third quarter, after the Kings were down by around 30.

It wasn't a hard foul in the process of anything, Artest saw Ginobili coming and threw an elbow to his neck.

It was premeditated and blatant, right in front of the officials.

And when he got whistled, he had that 'damn I got caught' look on his face.

And then afterwards when Parker was coming in the lane, Artest took him down, and he dropped his arms to push Tony to the floor.

What more do you want, he has to hurt someone first?

So please, Artest, knew what he was doing and was looking to retailiate. His pride was definitely smashed.

Just because he helped the Kings get into the playoffs, don't forget he has earned everything that's been handed to him, from wrecking TV's, to leading the league in flagrant fouls, to the Palace Brawl.
    test
  3. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

Meanwhile...

Kings played a great game with Artest out, especially Bonzi and Shareef, and Martin.

Brent Barry's 3 at the end of regulation really bailed out the Spurs, and Tim Duncan's bad game.

Kings unravelled in the 4th, they couldn't close out the Spurs. That's where you can see the difference in playoff experience, even though the Spurs were pretty iffy on their offense down the stretch as well.

Woo... people are having fun tonight.

First night of NIOSA and the Spurs win in OT? Riverwalk should be popping.
    test
  4. Ed E Brock

Ed E Brock RM's version of this guy

The kings were fucked tonight.

No way they shouldve lost that game.

Talk about favortism.
    test
  5. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

Please,

Tim Duncan had 2 touch fouls on him and was out most of the game.

Coincidence that Bonzi Wells and Shareef dominated in the paint?

And with all those fouls Duncan couldn't play aggresively.

No favoratism here, its Duncan's birthday and they called his 5th foul with 10 minutes to go in the fourth?

He must have thought he was playing in Athens again.

So you can stop with that 'the kings were fucked' nonsense.

More like they fucked themselves at the end.

The refs made Mike Bibby dribble out of bounds for a turnover?

The refs made Bibby cheat on the screen, leaving Barry wide open to tie the game?

The Kings failed to execute down the stretch and that was it.
    test
  6. Ed E Brock

Ed E Brock RM's version of this guy

Sould we bring up Duncan's tackle on bibby? lol..on that last shot?

I won't consider that, because duncan was fouling the fuck out of that dude that was still balling all over his ass and shouldn't have even been in the game when that shot went up.

True, the kings fucked themselves, but the refs definitely helped...

that touch foul on wells? The tony parker foul + counted shot?...

Duncan was all over that one guy though. Still got shit dropped all over his slow ass, but he was there.

I hate both teams. I was laughing when the kings got killed, but they got robbed tonight.
    test
  7. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

No.

But it was a love tap elbow. Like I said, it's the "Ron Artest rule".

He may have earned it with his reputation, but I disagree with it and it's not fair. Stern treats Artest like he's Satan in a purple or yellow jersey.

Tell me how RASHEED WALLACE, (who has a bad rep but not as bad as Ron-Ron) can deliver an elbow to Zydrunas Illgauskas- - bust his head open- - force him to get 11 stitches- - later ADMIT HIMSELF THAT HIS ELBOW WAS INTENTIONAL- - and get nothing but a $5000.00 fine and no suspension in the regular season?

While, Artest gives a slight forearm to the head and *bam* gets a one game suspension in THE PLAYOFFS?

It's not fair. Stern and Stu Jackson are faggots in the way they handle suspensions and fairness amongst their rules.
    test
  8. double ML

double ML Guest

^^double standards like a muh' fucka

i remember watchin' a bulls game like 10 yrs ago

rodman rolled his eyes at a ref and got a tech

later in the same game, jordan was all up in the ref's face screamin' at him with spit flyin' all over the guy

the ref was just lookin' straight ahead actin' like nothin' was happenin'

it's fuckin' sad
    test
  9. G-Rob da great

lol... I'm sure DS was too busy polishing Jordan's shoes for the next game to take notice.
    test
  10. G-Rob da great

test
  11. Thoughtz

Thoughtz Well-Known Member

Quit cryin Ed E Brock..

They were callin ticky tack shit on the Spurs ALLLL night...then we get one call in our favor and you fuckin whine about it? Get over it. This must be coming from a guy who's team is eating popcorn at home watchin the Playoffs.

That was a PERFECTLY legal pick by Tim Duncan for the Barry shot....Bibby tripped at his own expense.
    test
  12. Klas~Sick

Klas~Sick New Member

its bibbys fault for leavin barry OPEN
    test
  13. ILLnSkILLz

ILLnSkILLz New Member

he was slightly moving.... wasnt legal, but u cant call it at that point in time... yet they called same thing on Hart in OT.
    test
  14. chickenwang

chickenwang (the) state of the art

raise your hand if you forgot the bucks & pistons played tonight
    test
  15. ThugEverlassin

ThugEverlassin Frum Da Streetz'a PB

^I didn't forget. I didn't even know.
    test
  16. G-Rob da great

*Raises*

I was on ESPN.com and in the small bottom right corner it said "Pistons coast past Bucks"... I was like wtf, they played?

By far the least interesting most lopsided playoff matchup. It would've been nice at least if Chicago or Indiana got that spot (Pistons-Bulls or Pistons Pacers are a little bit noteworthy as far as interest and storylines).

The Pistons should've just gotten a free pass into the second round so they could've peacefully waited to get swept by Cleveland after Washington loses the next three games. Now they're going to have a weak excuse like the Bucks tired them out and shit or Rip Hamilton got hurt.
    test
  17. Klas~Sick

Klas~Sick New Member

who cares bout the bucks n pistons, thats mercy killing right there, u dont wanna see that, hide the women and children if u do, but the nba needs to shorten the first round, it would be better if it were best of 3, itll be short, but the last seeds'll have to play THEIR ABSOLUTE BEST if they wanna stay, they should at least make it best of 5, 7 is WAY TOO LONG??? dont they have any love for the bucks??? think about the kids mayne, think about the kids... :(
    test
  18. the Prince

the Prince New Member

im going to the detroit game saturday and its not because im a fan of either team
    test
  19. double ML

double ML Guest

klassick- first round used to be best of 5, but the league made it best of 7 cause more games means more money from ticket sales

all about greed.
    test
  20. G-Rob da great

The year that they changed it, I was always under the assumption it was because the Lakers were slated to meet the Kings in the first round of the playoffs that year, and that was coming off the year they that classic western conference final- which was the highest rated series ever.

As you said though, money is always a factor...

But I wouldn't mind seeing it go back to best of 5. I guess it doesn't really matter to me either way.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.