***Official NBA playoffs thread.***

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by G-Rob da great, Apr 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Final Chapta

Final Chapta End of Story

i PRAY sac beats the spurs.
    test
  2. double ML

double ML Guest

^^i would love to see the kings bounce the spurs
    test
  3. chickenwang

chickenwang (the) state of the art

test
  4. StylisticS

StylisticS National Champions

test
  5. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

test
  6. G-Rob da great

True vs Fake? Come again?

The only reasoning for my comments is because people say they are interested in watching the Spurs play the Pistons because they don't have star power and are considered to be "boring" teams. I would rather watch two other teams play (unless it was Grizz-Bucks NBA Final)... but I would never avoid watching Spurs-Pistons when they are the two best teams in the sport, regardless who and how they play.

It went the distance and not ALL the games were blowouts. By recent NBA Finals standards it was WELL above average in terms of being good.
    test
  7. double ML

double ML Guest

i want to see suns vs heat in the finals
    test
  8. Hardkore

Hardkore Blunts@TheBeach

^ the ratings would be so high.

shit, man. imagine a lakers vs. heat finals? that would be the highest rated finals series in nba history simply because of the kobe/shaq factor.
    test
  9. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

Quote of the Day

"Our season is starting in a couple of days. The last 10 games, you just wanted the regular season to finish and get ready for the excitement. The atmosphere changes in one second."

-- Spurs guard Manu Ginobili, whose team beat Houston and earned a franchise-best 63rd win.

Repeat or bust!
    test
  10. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

I still have game 7 save on my DVR.

The game was beautiful to watch.

Ginobili and Billups both get 2 fouls early.

So then Barry comes in and give them quality minutes and both teams are going back and fourth.

You see so much defensive maneuvers and execution you are just boggled.

I saw this one series where Bowen fights through 3 screens, and then the last one, he jumps in between the screener and a Spurs player and times it perfectly so he has a hand in Hamiltons face as he pops up to shoot the ball.

Plus you can see the wills of the team ebb and flow, and how the game was a toss up until the last 5 minutes of the game.

That's when you saw the Spurs put a few big plays together and felt like they weren't losing, but Detriot still battled.

Game 5-6-7 were classic games. After the initial 4 blowouts with each team adjusting, the last 3 games were all close.

Of course Horry wins the game in Detroit to resieze home court advantage. If the Spurs lost that game, it might have been over right there.

Then game six, with the Spurs ppl already planning the parade, Detriot comes in and plays a close game, eventually raining on the Spurs to win game 6.

Game seven is a classic to. It's elite defense and execution at its finest. So many plays in that game you could rewind back and see how things developed, its a coaches dream as far as film would go.
    test
  11. Axel Foley

Axel Foley Hannibal+Gaddafi+AK-47

Oh shit,Double ML got the Cavs over the Wizards!!,We are winning no doubt,lol.. I don't know tho,we got bad luck,I'm hoping Cavs don't come out this shit looking like total losers.
    test
  12. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

lol figures.. your suns still aint recovered from that ass kicking last yr

jacked your style and perfected it on your team
    test
  13. G-Rob da great

^Ron Artest said the Kings are the favorite [funny]
    test
  14. ILLnSkILLz

ILLnSkILLz New Member

Ron artest has yet to tell a lie
    test
  15. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

If you honestly believe that the Kings will beat the Spurs (barring injury), don't use an alias to try and discredit the defending champs.

Yes the Artest addition has been a step in the right direction, when it comes to adding toughness and a defensive mindset...

But, it does not overcome the Spurs superior depth, playoff knowledge, team chemistry, consistent status as one of the NBA's elite defense, multiple offensive threats, plethora of perimeter shooters... an 85% Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili, the emergence of Tony Parker, better coaching staff in Popovich and Carlisimo, or all the other myriad areas you look at when appraising the outcome of a series, not to mention they have home court advantage.

Thank you come again.

Spurs in 4. Tim Duncan gets plenty of rest and the Spurs are ready for the Mavs.
    test
  16. G-Rob da great

I think the Kings are good for at least one in Arco.
    test
  17. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

^ The Kings do play well at home.

I'm just curious to see how Duncan and Ginobili really are.

I think they have been playing a bit of possum, and the Spurs know if they take care of business early against the Kings it only bodes well for the rest of their playoff run. Hopefully that motivates them to come out pistols blazing, they don't want to bang with the Kings for a bunch of games.

The Spurs have a harder road than Detriot, but maybe that might be a blessing, since the Pistons will not face any serious competion till the Finals, and they've been coasting for months.
    test
  18. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

Artest is on cocaine.
    test
  19. double ML

double ML Guest

metal gear
    test
  20. chickenwang

chickenwang (the) state of the art

^^ youre mad nerdy