Official Mastering Showdown

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by BPINCdef, Oct 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Supaslump

Supaslump Mastering Engineer

I wanna crack at it!

This is greg at Supaslump Masters.....If you wanna send it to me I'll beat anything you got!

Peace,

info@supaslumpmasters.com
    test
  2. Drschmalzy

Drschmalzy Active Member

I liked A,,

I liked the reverb, and it sounded better for my ears.. lol..

I don't kno, I just liked it better... so suck my dick if u have shit to say about my vote.
    test
  3. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

whoever was on that track was wack...maybe he on some other shit, but i wouldnt call it hip hop...

ummm....both tracks sounded the same, but A had a cheap sounding reverb on it...i almost died laughing...lemme find out thats cool edit pro...LMFAO

neither one of these tracks are MASTERED...these are nothing more than a mixdown...whoever the producer was, sure didnt get their percussion levels right...i cant hear the snare hardly....how the HELL is the high hat higher than the snare? am i in the twighlight zone...thats why u should isolate ur tracks, like the professionals do it...its called pre-production...alot of u cats need to learn about it, it'll make ur mixdown sond 50 million times better...but u also need some REAL equipment (i.e. HARDWARE...not cool edit)....

kicks were low as hell...the producer has poor level judgment...so the self proclaimed "ME's" were doomed from the start...

but, all due respect...dont call urself a master engineer when u had no education in its field...i really hate that shit...there are schools for this shit....anywhere from a year to 2 years long....keep doin ya'll thing...but this nowhere near industry ready

vote = B
    test
  4. Unsigned Hype

Unsigned Hype G-FORCE

yo urban, I think the actual 'instrumental' was already pre produced by somebody else, so the guys doing the mastering did not has access to adjust any of the separate elements of the track (Im presuming this)
    test
  5. Ghet-Ghet

Ghet-Ghet Guest

For the fifth hojillion time

THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT OF MASTERING IS THE RECORDING PROCESS!

If you record on shit, it's not getting turned into gold!

Urban Tactics, I know it's hard to understand these things, really, I do, coming from a world of internet hip-hop where most peopel cannot even tell the difference between a dynamic and a condensor, but seriously, give it some research, and read up on the other posts which have addressed your issue about... seven hojillion times already, before you being to degrade the services of either one of us when in reality, you yourself do not understand the entire process.
    test
  6. BPINCpd

BPINCpd BP INC

...Ninja appear...

Note:
    i've been keeping quite on this, like i do on most shit. Actully i jus knew who was who and didnt trust myself not to say anything. so whatever. I think both contestant did a pretty good joarb for $0.00, and with files of not the highest quality. I also want to thank you both alot, I learned alot from this thread, and always wanted to hear the same track masterd by two people. I would kinda like to see a track C made by Supaslump Masters, but its kinda late for that. Now its back to the basement for me to work on top secret BP stuff........HAHA........ha.......

...Ninja dissapear....
    test
  7. doctah

doctah I know how to do that...

It's not really late for anything...

...this type of thread is good for the board (not too much HATE going on). We all should give both guys props for being able to do ANYTHING with that beat - I would like to see a repeat performance with a better sounding/cleaner beat..

...but if these 2 or 4 folks (companies) are doing this for money - I can see why they wouldn't want to keep doing these "challenges".

...then again - that is a perfect reason to do these "challenges"...
    test
  8. Syntax_Mastery

Syntax_Mastery Emcee/Producer/Engineer

could i submit something for mastering?
    test
  9. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

e-mail sent to slump and pressademo
    thanks for joinin in guys, im lockin this so no more votes...i might start a new one since theyll be 2 new players in the ball game
    test
  10. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

aite - were gettin syntax in on this it seems
    B was OGDOGG
    A was GHETALION

so there ya go
    this was a track that was never meant to be mastered as the beat was too loud and the guitar got in the way and jus everything
    were tryna get a new one goin now, but for now i guess this one will have to do but try to focus on how the vocals sit in the beat not so much the sound of the beat since they had to process the hell out of the beat...and even my voice in some parts
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.