OFFICIAL Kanye West - Late Registration Thread

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by ANDtheMC, Aug 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. X sample

X sample New Member

lol @ considering an album classic the day it leaks....lmao

at LEAST give it a year...damnnn...
    test
  2. Abbot_X

Abbot_X New Member

Late Registration > College Dropout

BTW, does anyone know what song he sampled the piano riff for 'Heard em say'?
    test
  3. chickenwang

chickenwang (the) state of the art

rap fans are the dumbest fans ever, maybe it's cause theyre black

3.764/5
    test
  4. Seekwence

Seekwence Hood Legend

man yall over analytical hatin ass ³³³³³s mang.....f'reals, ³³³³³s needa realize we move forward, yall be gettoing stuck in the past on some back pack shit f'real.needa listen and learn manggggg.

yall needa get with the program, and we dont mean sleep with your microsoft word nerrrrddddd.
    test
  5. Prominance

Prominance I'm Blacker, Trust Me

the production is nothing short of amazing.

After hearing stuff like improvise I was expecting way better content. We all know he raps like ass, his delivery sucks and he has a simple rhyme scheme, but he is ill when he has music and content like College Dropout. Late Registration lacks the quality content.

And the next person to quote JR Writer in their sig will get smoked, I will trace your ip address and hunt you down, quit quoting that clown.....
    test
  6. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

Bullshit... My favourite rappers will impress again and again. If you're used to it, it's become predictable and uninspired. Come with something original, never have me saying 'Same old, same old'.
    test
  7. Butch Coolidge

Butch Coolidge New Member

Originality isn't a criteria...
    Kanye's last album is way more different than his first but in terms of quality, nobody seems impressed.
    If LR was his first album, y'all would call it classic.
    test
  8. !ron HorSe

!ron HorSe New Member

^He has a point.
    test
  9. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I disagree... maybe stupid ass followers but that's not me

this album is wayyy too mediocre for a Kanye West... if this was a Memphis Bleek album, I'd probably say it's amazing... but that's how shit goes in life... things get judged based on expectation levels and how close or far away you hit them...

this is a "solid" album but nothing more IMO... there's some classic tracks on it but the inconsistency is off.... STILL, TO THIS DAY I rather listen to Family Business, Spaceship, Jesus Walks, 2 Words (my favorite track on the album), Never Let You Down, and Last Call over the majority of the tracks on this album... and that's from an album that's come out how long ago? once again, I ain't sayin' this is a bad album

I'm sayin' I expected better and it's not a classic. or even better than College Dropout... "solid album"... I say it again
    test
  10. Washington Ave

Washington Ave is that a diss?

its a good album

favorite tracks are:
    heard em say
    gold digger
    we major
    hey mama
    celebration
    gone

anyone else think We Major sounds like some MF Doom shit?
    test
  11. Job

Job I, Pirate

^a little bit...for some similar reason i get an el-p vibe from 'addiction' so...

LR holds its own ground and is a good album, but simply is different from college dropout - the themes, sounds, and rhymes(singing...blah) aren't on a similar wave between the two albums. CD is fantastic, LR is really good.
    test
  12. THEDONN- closed

THEDONN- closed pac and biggie rule 4eva

oh my god, i jus read this last page right here, neg couple ppl, and positve repped a couple headz...FIRST off to the ngga that sayz give it a year before u call it a classic, ³³³³³ shut yo non listeninto music ass up, if u had soul, if u gave this album a thorough listen, like me, againa and again, its that quick to say yea this shit is bangin=classic...

secondly,,,to the ³³³³³ who said kanye raps are ass????????????HA!!!!!all im sayin u lame duck

and 3rd.....to the kid which i had to look up who said it and it wuz lame ass and 1 claimin its mediocre, lol, claimin he expected, jesus walks and never let u down, spaceshipp type tracks, u stupid muthafucka, theres mad dope fuckin songs on this fuckin cd, quit hatin u lil baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all in all!!! ALBUM IS HOT TO DEATH!!!

kanyeezy got that soul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    test
  13. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

I didn't read any other posts, but this is my quick opinion. I cant be bothered arguing about the album for the next 3 months.
    In my opinion, it isnt as good as college dropout, so it offers some of the same set backs and MORE.
    Way to many skits, and they were far more pointless than the college dropout ones, fucking stupid.
    As an add on to that, I noticed he had alot of skits on the end of songs, or carried songs out with different music and shit, dunno, it annoyed me.
    Kanye tries to hard to be musical, when we are rap fans. We want a rap album.
    The album is boring, offering little to no upbeat songs. I aint saying its boring garbage, im just saying, it aint alot to really get you excited. I thought I would be excited to hear the album, instead I just kind of listened to it.
    I aint saying its bad by anymeans, it just aint as good as College Dropout. Certainly isnt a classic, id say its about 8/10. That looks better than 4/5 lol.

Ive only really listened to it one time though, so this could all change...
    test
  14. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Sidenote, SHUTUP thedonn. You like Mase. GOOD DAY
    test
  15. JakeD409

JakeD409 New Member

This is the worst criticism ever. When people start making normal rap albums for rap fans, everyone says "Oh same old shit." Kanye is doing his own thing, bridging rap and other types of music and creating original beats that are unlike anything anyone's heard before, and all you can say is "Kanye tries too hard to be musical?" There's plenty of rap albums for rap fans being released, go buy one of them and stop trashing originality.
    test
  16. Blaksentinel

Blaksentinel ~Dat Ol' Skool N!gga~

To me it's not better than College Dropout but it's pretty good given all the BS rap that's on the radio and TV. I like that joint "Late" on there. Now that track is hot to me.
    test
  17. THEDONN- closed

of course its gon change....and why would it be better than his first?
    test
  18. THEDONN- closed

haha u like in the UK, why would u feel mase?when he came out it wuz all about shinin on deez hoes, hahaha, u cant do that, and im sorry ya parents didnt make love unda the sexy more tree, which makes me a more sexy then u can eva dream about, even back in da dayz mase had hardddd shit, which he sometimes showed on his albums, but now he wit g unit, u will be on his dick, u cornball ass no gyrl gettin finger fuckin ass ³³³³³
    test
  19. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

I live in NY dipshit.
    What the fuck? Sexy tree? My god...kill yourself.

I get what your saying. College Dropout was musical, and I love that album, but this album is just TOO much of it to me. Like the way he changes the beat at the end of the song, and lets it play for a minute. If there isnt a verse, I dont wanna sit and listen to a beat.
    There is nothing wrong with being musical, but you dont wanna do it so much that you desolate your hardcore fanbase, which is rap fans. Id much rather hear what kanye has to say, then what he can produce.

Also THEDONN, him signing to G Unit is MORE reason for me not to like him, man your fucking stupid. I mean, people insult each other all day on these forums, and your one of the few people that the insults are true...you really are a stupid fucking moron.
    test
  20. JakeD409

JakeD409 New Member

I'd rather desolate my hardcore fanbase and make the music I want to make, than try to please people and compromise my artistic integrity. I believe it was Bob Dylan who switched from acoustic to electric guitar and alienated every single one of his fans, but is revered as one of the premiere musicians of our time because he did what he wanted.

And I DEFINITELY would rather hear what Kanye has to produce than what he has to say. I'd rather download a track produced by Kanye with someone else rapping, than with Kanye rapping and produced by someone else.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.