OFFICIAL Kanye West - Late Registration Thread

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by ANDtheMC, Aug 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

no... quality is a noun, therefore bein' a THING.... a concept is still a THING... just like a muh'fuckin' album" is a THING... classic can be an adjective or noun... you go back to school

classic is an adjective when someone says: "that was a classic album"
    classic is a noun (A THING) when someone says: "that's a classic"

get smart! this kid actually tryn' school someone... wow
    test
  2. Butch Coolidge

Butch Coolidge New Member

And I always talked about this.
    Faggot

You're such a moron.

Now answer my question:

Why a Kanye classic record should be (quality wise) better than another rapper's classic record?
    test
  3. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

hahah... I'ma moron because I proved you were wrong... haha

of course.... makes a lotta sense... and you "always talked about this" but you're wrong... you said classic is an adjective... once again, it's also a noun and you made it seem like I'm wrong for statin' that...

AND?!?! so once again, an album is an album... how is one better than another? you can't answer that... EXACTLY! so you run away from the question...

similar to Butch... and nobody said a Kanye "classic" should be better than another rappers' classic... point is, this ISN'T A CLASSIC.... and beyond that, it would be more impressive if Bleek dropped a classic than Kanye did...

once again, I go to the same exact analogy that should be able to break this entire thing down but you obviously can't decipher what the fuck I'm sayin'... If Larry Brown coaches the New York Knicks and takes them to the NBA Finals, it will be a lot more impressive than when he did it with the Pistons... why? BECAUSE WHAT THEY'RE WORKING WITH...
    test
  4. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

oh yeah, and I forgot the mention how you contradicted yourself

classic is a quality concept... once again, CONCEPT IS A NOUN (got check the dictionary)... meaning it's a THING.... then the next line you end up talkin' about how it's a adjective... g'job
    test
  5. Butch Coolidge

Butch Coolidge New Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I don't give a fuck about what is impressive or not...I asked u WHY A KANYE'S CLASSIC ALBUM SHOULD (I think LR is but imagine it isn't) BE BETTER THAN A BLEEK'S?
    Or Why a Kanye's very dope album should be better than a Bleek's very dope album (IMAGINE IT EXISTS)?
    Both "are" very dope album, right?...So your statement is horrible when you say "this album is wayyy too mediocre for a Kanye West... if this was a Memphis Bleek album, I'd probably say it's amazing..."

Once again your answer is lame (like on that gramactical shit)...when I defined a word's sense while u define its gramctical form.
    test
  6. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

if you don't understand it, I guess you can't grasp a simple concept... other people seem to understand exactly what I'm sayin'... it's expectation levels... from Kanye, you expect more... it's like Jordan havin' a 20 ppg season... I wouldn't be impressed... if Eric Snow had a 20 ppg season, I'd be like, DAMN... du' killed it

and, you didn't define a word's "sense"... you just don't make sense... you said blatantly that classic is adjective... you were wrong... damn, come to terms with it
    test
  7. THEDONN- closed

THEDONN- closed pac and biggie rule 4eva

cuzin if someone thinks bleek got a classic thatz their opinion, GOD is not one of us, its all about his judgement, so until then we judge albums based on how we hear it, u dont think its classic fine, u cant classify it as not ONE, cuz there millions more who will disagree...
    test
  8. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

thank you, an intelligent, non name-calling reply from thedonn... and no, I don't think it's a classic and not once did I put someone down for callin' it a classic
    test
  9. THEDONN- closed

ya but u keep sayin "IT ISNT A CLASSIC" and tryin to compare it to sum championship rings or sum points per game by jordan and snow,,,,,,you can say it aint classic all u want, but atleast say IN YOUR OPINION, its not whut u say its how u say it, and u making it seem like whut u say is right, and were wrong....classic=fav=opinion.
    test
  10. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

NO NO NO... don't twist this shit... I dropped my opinion in the thread opener and left it at that... I responded to a few people and dropped my two cents....

I didn't start the analogies until people were sayin' I was stupid or a hater (particularly you) for sayin' this wasn't a classic and that I was hatin'... I said it's a quality album but not nearly as good as I expected... I have every right to say that

and the analogy with Jordan and all that shit happened when people were questioning why I should expect more from Kanye than a Memphis Bleek or a rapper at that level
    test
  11. THEDONN- closed

its all good, all around da world sum ppl will think kanye sucks and bleek is da shit, but its jus your interpretation, its all good, its a dope album, u admited it, it dont have to be classic cuz its dope, dope to me is classic
    test
  12. MagicDonJuan

MagicDonJuan Active Member

exactly. actually i agree with you for once for OZ.
    test
  13. Ixtlan

Ixtlan emceeingain'tforyou...

Slap me and call me a taxi.

I'm a cynic. At least until I popped LR in the deck.
    I was floored by this album.

I thought Kanye caught lightning in a bottle with "College Dropout".
    I never thought he could duplicate such a piece of work.
    He's bested that album with his latest effort. This album is brilliant.

The production here is enough to have a man locked away in an insane asylum.
    I owe Kanye an apology there as well.

I always thought he was inferior to Just Blaze on the beatmining.
    After hearing this album I'm not so sure anymore.
    (He's a better programmer than he once was)

I said, in another forum, that it wasn't possible for his album to be any better than Common's "Be". I was wrong. This album is decidedly better. From top to bottom.

Kanye, I'm sorry.
    You've proven me wrong...

This guy's incredible at blending all the best elements of the Rap genre.
    He's 1 part Tribe Called Quest and 1 part Jay-Z all at the same time.
    He's unabashed and unafraid of doing a conventional Rap album.
    He isn't marked by the trends. He's setting them.
    I appreciate that as an artist myself.

Kanye gives me reason to believe in the artform again.
    test
  14. X sample

X sample New Member

^thats a nice analysis..
    test
  15. -[InfaMouz]-

-[InfaMouz]- || M.Maestro ||

Lmao...
    test
  16. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

^Very well said Ixtlan...agree with almost everything you said, LR seems more "complete" then BE..

I feel like it's College Dropout's fault that so many people are criticizing this album..pop in the album and pretend College Dropout doesn't exist, you'll appreciate it that much more.
    test
  17. panda2023

panda2023 New Member

test
  18. kingkirk

kingkirk New Member

oh my goodness

ive had this album for about 4 days. i thought it was decent on the first listen, below average on the 2nd (for such a huge production) but the last two listens, this album has REALLY grown on me. it's got so much flavor, and i can tell kanye poured his heart into this album. nothing on this album is half-assed, at all. yeah, i'll skip the skits, but i did on college dropout too. this album really tugs at you emotionally, particularly hey mama, roses, and my way home. i haven't been affected by a rap/r&b song since i heard r. kelly's remix for "I Wish." The samples compliment the lyrical content so well. kanye definitely follows the same formula for the majority of his music, but NOBODY in the industry uses samples as well as he does. late registration is a musical expression of kanye's soul. this shit is deep, witty, and intelligent. kanye also improved his rapping over college dropout. you'll notice he paid a lot more attention to staying with the beat instead of half-assed flowing like he did on college dropout. kanye may not be the best rapper in the world, but his content is so introspective and spiritual that he's overcome some rhyming deficiencies to become great at telling his life stories, or life outlook, whatever critics want to call it. this shit is a classic.
    test
  19. The R.N.S.

The R.N.S. New Member

I have to say that I decided to read through this whole thread, and that is the best review of the album I have read yet. I agree completely. Over the first listen I tried to figure out if it compared to the College Dropout, but on the second listen I said fuck trying to do that because it is a completely different album. Acctually it is a completely different album than just about any hip hop album I have ever heard. I know alot of haters are trying to say that it's garbage, because of the different approach he took to making this album, but after listening to it 10 times through I have to say that this album is going to set the bar in how a hip hop album should be made. I have never heard so much thought and energy put into a track. Anytime a hip hop artists releases an album like this it should be given the praise that is due, and I can only hope that other artists listen to this, and realize that this is what real music is supposed to sound like.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.