(OFF TOPIC) What's really going on in N.O - Terrible.

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by -[InfaMouz]-, Sep 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -[InfaMouz]-

-[InfaMouz]- || M.Maestro ||

test
  2. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

yo forreal....this shit is really starting to show how race and social status plays an issue in this country......whenever theres big hurricanes hitting florida you have massive food and water drops.......they aint even dropping water for these people....this shit is fucked up.......

they shittin on N.O. cause its mostly a black low income city.....fucked up
    test
  3. Money Greene

Money Greene Da Man-Da Myth-Da Legend

every time u turn on the news.....its just black people left......they dont care bout us man. Where are all these fuckin rich ass rapers, and oprah and all the other wealthy black people. We know the govt dont give a shit bout us, but at least we can look out for each other.
    test
  4. I.N.F.O.theking

I.N.F.O.theking haha 80s modanna

yeah its fucked up...
    this shit makes me mad
    test
  5. Phoenix5891

Phoenix5891 T.S.K.

test
  6. ThaPaleFacedNinja

ThaPaleFacedNinja ive been nice

just so you know, the govt doesnt give a shit about you no matter what race you are...
    test
  7. BlaZeDemBeaTz

BlaZeDemBeaTz 5 Letters - YMCMB

*With possibly thousands dead, water and food supplies running out and 80 percent of New Orleans submerged in rising waters, rap mogul and native son Master P has been busy trying to coordinate relief efforts to help citizens cope with perhaps the most catastrophic natural disaster ever experienced on US soil.

Master P still hasn't heard from his Dad - Percy Miller Sr., or his wife Sonya's sister. He went to New Orleans over the weekend and organized vans to drive family members to relative's homes in Houston, Baton Rouge and Lafayette. Traffic on the highways was crawling all the way. Many of them didn't want to go and stayed with their homes and their belongings. They still have not been able to locate those people who stayed.

"Too many people cherish material things. They should be concerned about being alright. They should cherish their lives." Master P said yesterday. "Talking to people who stayed, man ... they're just in shock. Seeing bodies floating in the water. Seeing family and people they know and grew up with dead. Watching neighbors trapped in attics, trying to get out and then knowing that they drown. It's just awful." Master P lost all of his homes in New Orleans and all of his family members lost their homes as well.

P spent part of Wednesday, in his Los Angeles home, on the phone with New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin and the suits at BET in hopes of organizing relief efforts.

Master P's publicist, Donna Torrence, said he will be in New York today at the Red Cross' headquarters for a 12:30 PM press conference organized by BET, the Urban League, the RED Cross and Russell Simmons and the Hip-Hop Summit Action Network.

“As a native of New Orleans, me, my wife Sonya and my son Romeo have formed Team Rescue to help our community affected by the devastation of Hurricane Katrina,” P said in a statement. “We are contributing our own money toward items such as food, clothes and shoes and we are also reaching out to corporations for donations.”

Torrence said: “[P] provided a way for all of his family members to get out, but I didn’t get the details of what he did, whether he rented a bus, sent them airline tickets, or what. But there were some members who didn’t want to leave, and those are the ones they are not able to locate.”

Master P’s wife, Sonya Miller, plans to donate products from her hair care and skin care line to women who make up the over 78,000 people living in shelters around New Orleans.

“Sonya is reaching out to companies for product donations for mothers, like Pampers and Gerber baby food, as well as soliciting donations of items helpful to ladies and girls,” said P. “I am reaching out to companies for men's products as well as calling on my friends, athletes, sports team owners, banks, etc for monetary contributions as well items such as a quantity of cell phones so that people can call loved ones.”

P is also organizing a Save Our Hood concert and album to raise additional funds, while Romeo is calling on his teenaged peers for help with donations.

As President Bush prepared to speak on the situation Wednesday afternoon, looters in New Orleans continued to raid abandoned stores - grabbing up food, clothing, electronics, guns and other items. One nurse was held up at gunpoint while stepping out of a hospital to get some fresh air.

Thousands of stranded citizens waving white flags piled onto rooftops and crowded into upper level apartments with hopes of attracting attention from Coast Guard rescuers.

Long lines began forming Wednesday at gas stations across the country, causing unease and short tempers at locations in Atlanta and Mobile, Alabama as folks tried to get gas in their vehicles before prices surged to over $6 a gallon. There are now concerns that limited supplies of gas could bring back the long lines and rationing reminiscent of the 1970s gas crisis.

Conditions in the Superdome, where some 15,000-20,000 refugees were being housed, grew down right uninhabitable – with no air conditioning, rising flood waters riddled with disease, broken toilets and nowhere to bathe. Five hundred buses will carry as many refugees as possible to the Houston Astrodome in Texas, 328 miles away.

Nagin said there will be a “total evacuation of the city. We have to. The city will not be functional for two or three months.”

Master P said of his relief effort: “My family has set out to save and rebuild our neighborhoods and help our inner-city brothers and sisters who have lost everything in this disaster. Those in need and those who wish to donate can call our hotline at 888.886.7377 and speak to someone who can help. The line will be up and running today. For more information please go to www.teamrescueone.com.
    test
  8. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

The problem is all the rich and middle class left the city (which i have no problem with because I would have did the samething....) and the poor was left behind... which it seems to be 90% black in NO.

And one thing...never depend on the government....No one is going to give you anything...thats just life....never expect the government or Oprah to give you anything... People are poor for one reason.... lack of education.... either its college or a trade.....Money is just a representation of the initial problem. And I dont believe in getting anyone cash, I would pay for someone to go to school, become a electriction...etc... but no one needs cash. Everyone expects Oprah to do everything...she is only one woman.. Oprah grew up without running water and electricity and the reason she is where she is because she decicided to go to college... which then open up the doors to having her own show....

But hopefully the people in NO will be able to start a new..soon
    test
  9. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

this shit almost brought tears to my eyes man......

seriously, this shit makes me so angry, i cant understand how they would let BABIES die and pregnant women die of HEATSTROKES for 4 fuckin days...........

they out in IRAQ helpin mafuckaz that dont want us BREATHIN....but they cant even help people at home???

they ran to WTC....gave millions of dollars to white families because their firemen died (doing their fuckin job)

and we got all these ppl in NO...dying..........strugglin to survive

no water....but STILL cuffs and pigs to lock a ngga up for tryin to get food for his family???

this shit fuckin DISGUST ME..........TRULLY.........this is the PERFECT example of how society views us

this is damn near Hotel ruwanda, the rich white folks leave...and the black ppl are left to die

this shit makes me fuckin sick

i'd be shootin at helicopters too...........especially if the cocksuckas are flyin PAST us and not helpin..........

these mafuckaz dont give a fuck about us..............lettin BABIES DIE............BABIES man

pregnant women.....no medical help

but we help them backpack bombers in IRAQ

shit is fuckin disgusting.......

fuck america...and fuck every last one of these mafuckaz supposedly representin this country

they need to give every last one of them bastards a pink slip and the firing squad for this shit........
    test
  10. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

Some research

N.O>

451,000 population

28 percent were White
    68 percent were Black or African American

Whites = 126,280 people
    Blacks = 306,680 people

est. 70,000 refuges
    Lets say 5% of the refuges or white?

3500 whites
    66500 Black or African American

Who left the city?

White = 122,780 people
    Blacks = 240,180 people

% Still in the City

Whites 3% of total blacks.
    Blacks 22% of total blacks

Poverty rate for african americans 22.7%
    Poverty rate for whites 10.8%

General stats to think about....

34.1% of people below proverty not errolled or has no High school diploma

Whites = 31.0% of poor whites
    Blacks = 49.0% of poor blacks

What I gather... All the people left behind was poor, which is unfortunate. We need to do a better job of getting these people water and something to eat. Shooting at the choppas/hospital makes it difficult, the few that are doing it need to go to jail because its stopping them from saving people. Last we need to do a better job in this country educating people so the proverty rate decrease.... However I also believe the majority of the stuff you learn is from your home....so its a cache 22. Why I think blacks did not leave the city.... lack of transportation... Solution.... not to much anyone can do except try to educate people...then proverty will be eliminated....

Check this out..
    http://www.prohiphop .com/2005/09/katrina_it_didn.html
    test
  11. Straight Flames

Straight Flames New Member

test
  12. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

well being i was in the military...there is hardly anyway to tell if you're being shot at when ur in a helicopter 500 feet above the ground.....

these ppl were shooting simply to get their attention that they are there.........these cowards in these helipcopters and busses are simply finding an excuse not to stop....since naturally, white ppl are intimidated by black ppl (yes ya'll are, i dont care what you say) ....its sad...but when u dont kno if your baby is going to wake UP what the fuck can you do? do u think these ppl are trying to shoot helicopters? where is the logic in that? what would that solve? society is doing everything to make us look bad......they have the nerve to constantly talk about the LOOTING, but HARDLY talk about children and women dying and their husbands doing what they can to keep em alive

survival always overrides the law...and this is DEFINITELY the prime example of that statement.......they keep talkin about TV's being missin.......but i havent seen nobody on TV takin nothin like that

everytime i see TV, they jackin for water...food............shit that cant be salvaged anyway....why are they worrying about it? the shit cant be saved anyfuckin way.......these mafuckaz make me sick........they would all do the same fuckin thing

but ofcourse, if these ppl were white, they'd have ALL types of help...just like hurrican andrew and the hurrican that hit florida a few years back

lack of education is one thing that makes ppl poor....but not only that, lack of job opportunities and discrimination plays a part too.......50 million blacks were laid off around 2003....we only make up 13% of the US population....this is type of shit i'm talking about

we are OPRESSED, anyone who denies that simply aint been out in the real world....if you're black, ur gonna have to work TWICE as hard to succeed.......we dont have "born into" money......we gotta bust our ass to get what some of these mafuckaz drop out the womb into.........hell, theres kids that post on this site that are born into family owned businesses and never have to worry about strugglin to find a job EVER...i dont respect that...and nobody should.........this the shit we talkin about

so yeah, its starts with education.........but it also starts with this economy also........

ppl cant even work their way UP, when gas is more than what some of these ppl get paid an HOUR..........shit is hurtin all of us...them especially
    test
  13. Blocc_Rocc

Blocc_Rocc New Member

I was going to come in here and give my oppression speach but urb got it down for me.......

Lets be honest here, if the majority of these people were white more drastic measures would of taken to rescue these people......

I gotta ask tho, Why is bush sending troops over to the NO with "shoot to kill"orders.....Wouldnt u want to send rations and food for the people first, considering people have been without food for days now.....Im sure people would calm down significantly if they seen food instead of armed soldiers with "shoot to kill orders"

The Government is showing their true confederate colors Again
    test
  14. Auditory

Auditory New Member

true dat...i dont know why people are saying "all the blacks are being left behind!". Thats like katrina hitting china town and all the chinese saying "why the fuck did everyone leave the chinese behind!?" EVERYONE was warned days ahead of time a big ass storm was about to hit the place. They didn't check cars at the free way to make sure the drivers were white saying "sorry if your black go back...the government intends to leave you behind". THE ENTIRE CITY was warned. Unfortunately not everyone has a place to go, not everyone has the money, transportation or will power to just up and leave like that.

I don't doubt there is discrimination with this issue..there is always gonna be discrimination, but still...the place is fucked up. Katrina fucked EVERYTHING up. I don't think the U.S. was prepared for something like this regardless of what the main race was being left behind. Passing helicopters can only do so much...they can hold like 6 people max. What if those people shooting at PASSING helicopters were PASSING them because they were already FULL of BLACKS they had already picked up.

Yes, babies are gonna die..pregnant woman, guys, rats, dogs.. everything. The biggest hurricane in decades hit the place. One of the major bridges in and out of N.O. is completely wiped out. Air support is the main way to get people supplies, but if theres thousands of people on there roofs they can't all be reached.

But regarding why all this shit in iraq is going down when they could put more resources into helping these people...i don't know
    test
  15. Auditory

Auditory New Member

And i dont get why people are getting all bent over others looting. I'd jack some shit too. Its not like the owner of a brand new triton is gonna come back to that shit working perfectly after its been under water for a week. Might as well grab it while you can, pull it up to the roof and hope someone comes by to pick you up.
    test
  16. Eternity

Eternity retired legend

my eyes watered up watching the video.. it was almost too much. in ATL theres an event thursday at club 1150 that is a fundraiser for the event. even if you don't have extra money to contribute, contribute your prayers, thoughts, and support in any way you can. God sees all. and I'd like to remind people who are using this as an opportunity to vent political views and who are contributing negativity and hatred - God sees all. In this time of suffering, some of you need to examine where your mindstate is.
    test
  17. Eternity

Eternity retired legend

wow I am amazed at the amount of time people are spending debating the racial aspect of this issue. do you think you're helping out the victims?? do you think you're changing anything?? wow I'm just going to stop now. Peace
    test
  18. SoulBoy

SoulBoy Bitch wheres my Grammy

Exactly what I was thinkin man. Thats bull shit. Shoot to kill? This ain't Iraq man. These are people trying to live. They aren't getting any help from the goverment so they gotta survive someway. Whats gonna happen to the food anyway? Most of its probably bad anyway so whats the point of stoppin people from takin it. It not like there gonna send it to other stores. They tryin kill us before they get food to us. Thats messed up.
    test
  19. Auditory

Auditory New Member

im probably gonna get a shit load of hate and derep for this question..and im not the most religious person in the world so maybe i got some shit twisted but...

God creates weather
    God creates Man
    God creates fate...?
    God creates the fate for many to be massacred by God created Weather

God loves man for helping the destruction god created...?
    test
  20. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

I dont believe in all that oppression bull-sht.... I aint oppressed by no man. No man on this earth can and has not stopped me from accomplishing anything in America. I do not aggree iwht the shoot to kill...but shooting at the helicop. is just plain stupidity when they have blacks in the helipcopers. They were elderly blacks coming out of the hospitial and people shooting at them, I can not excuse behavor like that.

And I cant aggree with comparing to Andrew in florida because my whole family just happenned to watch something on Andrew 2 weeks before this hurricane and the said the Army, Red Cross was not there until the 3rd day after the hurricane and they did not have problems with flooding. In new orleans at least a few was there the day after.

And why so many us was let loose is because we have a lot of basment jobs due to lack of education....futher more I believe in starting your own business like what the jews do.... If you run your own business you can higher other blacks and you wont be concerned about the economy or job availiblity.

dont get me wrong I understand about the stereotypes as being a black male. Its def. a lot of bull but I really dont care about because no man can stop my swagger, no man can stop my mind. Whoever is racist I dont need them anyways, I will outsmart them at the end of the day and make more money then them. And you cant deny an education, some of my boys graduated from college and making 50g in the mid 20s and is continuely going up. I know most college students dont make that type of money off the back but most college students dont make 20g either. And out the 15 guys in my neighboorhood, All the guys that did not go to college, (which is majority of them), they all making 20g and constantly swtiching jobs. The ones that did are making at min upper 30.

Moral: Don't let any man determine what you can accomplish. No man owes you are going to give you a thing. Make your own opportunities.

I could not face my grandfather talking about I'm oppressed. My grandfather is 90 years old and most of his life was in southern Alabama, has a 6th grade education almost got linched a couple times, I have the nerve to say I am oppressed and he made a decent life for my family.

If the media wants to represent us like whatever...Who cares, I know I aint like what they represent so I do not let the move me.

And soulboy... I was born and raised in cincy so I know how it goes down...especially in this city

Urb: there are 61.4 million blacks in america, how 50 million get fired
    32% The proportion of the black population under 18

One more thing:

$2.5 million

Estimated work life earnings for full-time, year-round, black workers with an advanced degree. For blacks (and people of other races), more education means higher career earnings: blacks without a high school diploma would earn less than $1 million during their work life, increasing to $1.0 million for those with a high school education and $1.7 million for those with a bachelor’s degree.

In 1999, average annual earnings ranged from $18,900 for high school
    dropouts to $25,900 for high school graduates, $45,400 for college
    graduates and $99,300 for the holders of professional degrees
    (medical doctors, dentists, veterinarians and lawyers).
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.