Of Boats and Balloons

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by AliceHouse, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AliceHouse

AliceHouse The House Always Wins

Feel free to argue and disagree...

But it's like this.

No matter how much water there is on this planet, no matter how vast the oceans are, none if it will make a boat sink. Not until that boat starts letting the water in. Likewise, no matter how much negative energy there is in this world, none of it will bring you down and sink you until you start to let it in.

But it's not enough to not sink.

No matter how much air there is in this world, no matter how much light gas there is, none of it will make a balloon float. Not until that balloon starts to let that air inside. Likewise, no matter how much positive energy there is in the world, none of it will lift you up until you start to let it in.
    test
  2. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Interesting thought
    test
  3. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

yeah of course

barring mental illness and shit

~ Become a Lake ~

An aging master grew tired of his apprentice’s complaints. One morning, he sent him to get some salt. When the apprentice returned, the master told him to mix a handful of salt in a glass of water and then drink it.
    “How does it taste?” the master asked.
    “Bitter,” said the apprentice.
    The master chuckled and then asked the young man to take the same handful of salt and put it in the lake. The two walked in silence to the nearby lake and once the apprentice swirled his handful of salt in the water, the old man said, “Now drink from the lake.”
    As the water dripped down the young man’s chin, the master asked, “How does it taste?”
    “Fresh,” remarked the apprentice.
    “Do you taste the salt?” asked the master.
    “No,” said the young man. At this the master sat beside this serious young man, and explained softly,
    “The pain of life is pure salt; no more, no less. The amount of pain in life remains exactly the same. However, the amount of bitterness we taste depends on the container we put the pain in. So when you are in pain, the only thing you can do is to enlarge your sense of things. Stop being a glass. Become a lake.”
    test
  4. AliceHouse

Sir Bustalot, I've already made my decision to actively like you, and you have continued to impress me. Thank you for your time.
    test
  5. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

thanks

I was taught yoga philosophy by a himalayan tradition yoga and spiritual master, i was told this next bit all the time, but was also told to not believe him and to try it myself and find out, and it was through years of meditation i realized that negative or sad thoughts are just like clouds that block out the sun. Yeah they can hang around for a while but if you keep in mind that its just a rainy day and that the sun is always on the other side of the clouds, and the clouds always eventually go away. One way youre shown this is how thoughts are allowed to come and go during meditation, showing you youre just a witness to them and have the choice to overreact or not. So it lessened the control the thoughts had over me. I realized again through thousands of hours of meditating that you can have the ability to let thoughts pass like clouds once the hold they have of you is loosened. Happiness is thought pattern. People who are truly happy generally arent running around saying they are happy, they just are happy and you just know they are by how they react and think and act. All that they have that generally sad people dont is that their brains find the positive in everything and think with a positive non destructive process. Everyone can do it. People who dont have just trained their brains to be negative or sad. But once you realize its a total choice. You can be happy. Also to clarify, im not saying that you will never feel sad thoughts or negative emotions. Im saying you will have control over them instead of the other way around. Just be happy, things dont bring true happiness, you just have to be happy..
    test
  6. AliceHouse

I pick up things every now and then, from here or there. Books, teachers, internet, whatever. It's amazing what one can learn when one listens.

But... I must say I do have a lot of dark clouds blocking my sun. What you're saying reminds me a lot of cognitive behavioral therapy. Where we first recognize a bad thought, and then handle it accordingly. Like with a new coping mechanism, or we put it to the test, or actually measure it out, depending on the sort of thought.

I think about the past a lot. But a wise man once said only a fool trips on what is behind them.
    test
  7. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

it is basically, except you need to read up on cognitive behavioral therapy for it to work.

mindfulness Meditation teaches it to you, and was invented thousands of years ago. As long as you were taught how to properly meditate by someone who knows what they are talking about....

there are basically unlimited ways to meditate, and only some have certain effects on your brain. We were taught trancendental meditation and point to point meditation are two of the healthiest ways of them all. All are beneficial though so there is no real right or wrong way once you know the basics...

i do it like a hygeiene habit. every day of the week. Everyone can find atleast 10 minutes in a whole day to sit quietly. If not, make time. Its also a skill, that developes. SO a beginner must realize the effects take time. Just as weight training generally doesnt give you results for atleast 6 weeks.. They say it takes atleast a month of dedicated meditation to really start feeling any long lasting effects. You will feel good regardless, but a month to try out before giving up or continueing is what they suggest...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.