Oden is fuckin over rated..

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by Mr ExZ, Apr 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iceodu921

Iceodu921 Resident Sports Genius

Big men take longer to develop thats a fact..

Look at Ewing and Hakeems first year in college they are eerily similar to oden in skill. Neither had much of a offensive game but were great on defense..

Were they overrated?
    test
  2. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

In three years max Oden will be an All-Star caliber palyer. Write it down. Maybe Durant is an All-Star caliber player faster but Oden will have a much greater impact on games than Durant when he gets there.

I personally don't think either is ready. Durant is more ready right now though, due to the nature of his position. But when he matures, his team will likely be a playoff caliber team due to him. Due to Oden, his team'll be a championship caliber team. If you pass on Oden and he turns out to be great, have fun finding a new job.

I would love to see Oden come back for at least one more year. I think he got screwed over beacuse while he had a monster game, his teammates shot like 6-23 from 3 point range (maybe worse). I think against the best team, no player, no matter how good can overcome that. I'd love to see him arrive in the NBA polished and ready to dominate the league.
    test
  3. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

Make up your fucking mind. First you say I play division 4-AA college basketball I know more than you. Than I bring in the opinion of a guy who's played at the highest level and you switch up and say "I play the game". If that's the case I play the game too and actually play with Division 1 players. Either way you try and play this argument it's not gonna work.

That's exactly what these ignorant ass motherfuckers said and some still say about Tim Duncan. If a guy doesn't pound his chest he has no heart. Florida rotated 4 fresh bodies on him all game. He held up pretty well.

Back to my original point. Steve Kerr can judge players 1000x better than you because he played in the NBA and he'd know more than you and I what it takes to be successful in the league. And guess what he thinks he's a FRANCHISE player. I'm being 100% honest here and not even tooting my own horn but you're getting handled BADLY on all your points. Step ya game up and get a clue homie.
    test
  4. Iceodu921

to say i play at college level i can judge them better is just retarded..

Look at the great scouts and gms whove never played 1 day in the nba. How was jordan the greatest player of all time on judging talent?
    test
  5. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

handled badly? and tim duncan does have heart wat the fuck are you sayin

what the fuck? are u really still not understanding this like take the dick out your ears n listen. i dont give a fuck what steve kerr says hes one of the reasons im saying hes over rated because hes sayin hes gonna be a franchise player when he wont be.

division 4 1 aa? first of all, if you knew nething about college basketball youd know there is no seperation such as aa and shit like that.. thats only football you fuckin idiot.

and secondly, division 2, and 1 are the only schools able to give a scholarship. im a scholarship player, you do the math.

and the reason i brought up i play the game is cause you sound like a fuckin retard when u talk about sports like u never even seen them played let alone taken part in one. it holds no weight with what steve kerrs dumbass says
    test
  6. Ethan Albright

Ethan Albright New Member

How many pts a game did he average this year?

I'd be surprised if it's over 17.
    test
  7. Iceodu921

how any did hakeem avg in his first year?
    test
  8. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

20 you fucking idiot
    test
  9. Iceodu921

Where do you get your stats from hakeem avg'd 8 ppg in his first year. :lol:
    He never avg'd 20 in his college career.

Odens pt avg wouldnt concern me at all I dont know how much he did avg prolly in the 16 pt range but thats not what you look for in a potineal franchise center after his first year in college.

The argument people always try to use to discredit players is to say they have no heart. People said Kobe had no heart till he won same with Jordan. Thats what people use when they dont have a legit argument.

More proof oden is avging 15 pts 9 rebs and 3 blocks pg this year..
    Ewings first year 12 pts 7 rebounds.
    Hakeems 8 ppg 6 rpg..

your talking about 2 of the 50 greatest players of all time and 2 of the best big men ever. So once again I ask your dumbass are they overrated?
    test
  10. The Jeus

The Jeus _________

^^ I think he meant his freshman year in college, not his NBA rookie season

Here are Oden's stats and those of the players he's been compared to (not that you can draw direct comparisons, there are fewer true centers today, but still, interesting numbers):
    Oden's freshman season stats
    15.7 pts, 9.6 reb, 3.5 blk, 29 minutes

Hakeem's freshman year
    8.3 pts, 6.2 reb, 2.5 blk, 18 minutes

Shaq's freshman year
    14 pts, 12 reb, 3.5 blk. 28 minutes

Tim Duncan's freshman year
    9.8 pts, 9.6 reb, 3.8 blk, 30 minutes

Patrick Ewing's freshman year
    12.7 pts, 7.5 reb, 3.2 blk, 29 minutes.

Kareem averaged 25 and 15 his freshman year, he was just on a different level
    test
  11. Iceodu921

hot post jesus think you posted it right as I posted mine..

putting ether down on this fool.
    test
  12. The Jeus

The Jeus _________

Naw, that's just his face. He didn't play like he was particularly tired until they started gettin blown out midway through the 2nd half when he picked up a couple cheap fouls and missed a point-blank layup.

I think it's a stretch to call someone "overrated" when everyone is saying he has the potential to be great. No one says he doesn't still have to improve, but we don't know if his potential will be fulfilled until he matures more and appears to be be done growing as a player. I think everyone should play 3 years in college (or Euroleague) before hitting the league, it would cut down on drafting on "potential", but that's a different topic.
    test
  13. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

oden is over rated

people are saying he's the best college player and shit

and quite frankly

theres a good 10 guys out there better than him
    test
  14. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

lmao

oden is going to be the next kwame brown
    test
  15. Iceodu921

I don't see anyone saying he should win college player of the year..

Its the potential he has and before you shoot back at me with all the busts who had potential a player with oden's height and skills is very rare so chose your examples wisely.
    test
  16. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

Truth.

Ill Rich, I'd say he has a better chance at making a bigger impact than Durant. Aside from Yao, who would Oden have to worry about playing against? Shaq will be retiring in the next couple years. Durant will have tougher competition, not to mention he's a little bean pole. What's he going to do? Make a career of spotting up? Cause by the looks of it right now, he's never hold up to being any type of post player which I'm sure you want out of your lottery pick forward. I'm sure NBA forwards will be able to keep up with him as well as overpower him regularly.

I'm not saying Durant will suck. But you're saying Oden will for no apparent reason with nothing to back that up. You're just a hater. Player versus player, Oden has a better chance for success and winning championships. I'm sorry but that's how Center versus Forward goes. Oden will get hacked like Shaq has his whole career, but he'll make his free throws. I don't think Durant offers anything special. He's not doing anything that nobody else in the league isn't doing. Oden and Yao are the only back-to-the-basket true centers once Shaq retires. And he will quickly surpass Yao, maybe even during his rookie year because he is way, way more athletic.

Comparing Greg Oden to Kwame Brown is moronic and blatant hatred. Please, give me your basis. Oh yeah, you don't have one.
    test
  17. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

he had twenty his first season in the league you cunt.. be specific.

i know he has a long face.. but dude didnt only look tired, he was tired. he was jogging and shit.. its the fuckin ship mayne go all out or go home.

and who ever questioned jordans heart? wtf? and yes heart IS everything in basketball bitch. dennis rodman prolly couldnt play at your local ymca if he didnt have heart, but hes one of the greatest rebounders of all time.

their is a 7 footer from china coming over.. hes only 19, but has already led his team to three chinese national championships since he was 16.. hes been signed to nike since he was 15.

oden will not be a shaq or a hakeem. NO FUCKING WAY. period. if shaq plays next year.. if odens bitch ass even makes it off the bench shaq would eat him up.

odens new last name is over rated

lmao@ me being reminded of this thread cause icedueche neg repped me hahaha.. loser
    test
  18. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

truth
    test
  19. Iceodu921

So again your basing this off of his first year..so if u were a gm you wouldnt of picked shaq, duncan, ewing or hakeem because their stats were worse than odens in his first year.

All I hear is hes overrated without any specfics. He has no heart? prove it? He was tired against Fla? Shit if he was tired and he had a game like that wait till he gets in shape [funny] .

You have no agruement your hating on dude plain and simple.
    test
  20. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

no.. i would of picked them up because you can tell they had potential.. and did shit so easily on their opponets in the college level.

oden doesnt do it for me

what do u think is gonna happen here? im gonna be like, you know what dude your right.. hes as great as the hype says he is.

thats not the case. hes fuckin over rated. he will flop in the league.

and no amount of idiotic attempts at trying to sway my opinon made by some cunt on a message board is going to change that
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.