Oden is fuckin over rated..

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by Mr ExZ, Apr 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

for more details watch: florida vs. ohio state 2007 ncaa championship

mother fucker look tired after 10 minutes
    test
  2. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

How many minutes did he play?
    How many bodies did Florida throw at him?
    How easy is it to teach conditioning as oppose to skill?
    What were his final stats for the game?

Stoopid...
    test
  3. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

Lmao @ this fool. You picked his best game to say he ain't play good? He shitted on florida heavily
    test
  4. Ethan Albright

Ethan Albright New Member

He's never impressed me. Every time I've watched him play, he's having an "off game" (so the commentators say).

Heard some guys on the radio yesterday saying if he was in the draft with Kobe, Lebron, Garnett, etc and they were all 18 that Oden would be taken 1st.....lmao....retard.

If Oden declares for the draft this year, he'll probably end up as a nobody for quite a while in the NBA.
    test
  5. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

lmao thats funny. If they was all 18 i'd take lebron and kobe tied. i'd take garnett last.

He overrated like shit but this nigga picked his best game to say he looked bad
    test
  6. Who Kares

Who Kares not even your mother

everyone is overrated to you faggots....shut the fuck up...Your life is overrated
    test
  7. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

I agree partly. For me it would be a toss up between him and Lebron. Not saying Oden is better than those guys right now, or he'll be better. But he's a pure center who shoots good free throws and plays great defense. The kid even has a 3.7 GPA which shows that he's mature and dedicated. Dude taught himself to shoot lefty in a couple months and shot a respectable % from the line. I know he would get tired, but you have to consider he's 18, in the most physically demanding spot on the court all day (see pure center) getting banged on and hacked (hack-a-Shaq style) while playing hard on both ends.
    test
  8. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

i was agreeing mostly right until u said playing hard both ends. that was the main reason i made this thread

do you twats not understand that im not talking about him being able to play at the speed of the nba.. like not being able to be conditioned.. even though thats debateable in itself.

i was saying its the fucking ncaa championship of what is 99% sure going to be your last year in college. and you let the physical aspect of the game keep you down? the fuck?

i agree. centers do get shitted on. they get fouled. killed. and barely ever any calls because their 'bigger' then every other player and should be able to take it. fuck that. a foul is a foul.

the point is that pussy looked like he quit way before the game was even over.

whoever said this was his best game.. i watch my share of college basketball. if you claim thats odens best game how can you possibly not say hes ridiculously over rated?
    test
  9. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

Anyone ever watch say a football game with a chick and Peyton Manning will throw the ball away out of bounds and she'll say something like "that was a bad throw he's not that good" even though he has 3 TD passes in that same exact game. You kind've want to explain to her the entire situation but you realize she has absolutely zero clue and you just decide it's worthless.

That's what this thread reminded me of.

Greg Oden - 38 minutes, 25 points (10-15 from the field), 12 boards, 4 blocks.
    test
  10. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

84-75

and why am i wasting my time with your dumbass didnt u already proove to be retarted in like 10 other threads? bitch he had 25 points.. and they lost. their hyping him up to be the next all star of the league, better then lebron n shit

the arguement isnt whether or not hes good.. its that hes over rated

anyone ever have an arguement with their friends, then your little brother stumbles in completely ignorant of the entire topic at hand but starts foaming at the lips with stupid ass things to say thinking he has a clue of what hes talking about? thats what i feel like when i see you post
    test
  11. Perfexion

Perfexion New Member

he did have stamina issues that game, that much is true
    test
  12. Screech

Screech I came, I saw, I conquere

Greg Oden - 38 minutes, 25 points (10-15 from the field), 12 boards, 4 blocks.

nuff fucking said

no player's stats in the game were even comparible wtf? how u gonna say he's over rated??

dude had his best game vs the best team in the fucking league

STFUU!!!

your lack of basketball intelligence makes me angry.
    test
  13. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

Look at what you said. You said he's overrated and your reasoning, because he was tired. He played 38 fucking minutes and still got his numbers and beyond. Yeah he had 25 points and they lost, how exactly is it his fault his guards couldn't hit an outside shot. Without Oden they would've lost by 20-30 points, he's the sole reason they even had an outside shot of winning that game. Since you claim to be such a fucking genius on college basketball show me where Oden had a better game against a better team in a more important game.

I seriously don't even know why I'm even trying to argue the point with you, you have no fucking clue. You just want to throw shit against the wall and if Oden slips up for a second you can run around claiming to be a genius because you called him overrated. I could argue that Steve Nash is overrated because he sucks on defense. He's still the best PG in the league. Hell Shaq is overrated he can't shoot free throws and has fatigue problems. Tim Duncan doesn't shoot free throws well, I think he's overrated. Kobe doesn't pass the ball enough, he's overrated too. T-Mac has injury problems, yup he's overrated too. LeBron James doesn't shoot 3 pointers all that well, he's not living up to the hype. Shawn Marion shoots funny, he's overrated too.

I guarantee that last paragraph went right over your head but whatever I won't even bother with you anymore. 2-0.
    test
  14. Iceodu921

Iceodu921 Resident Sports Genius

if they all came out of high school and you have no idea which to pick you'd have to go oden or garnett...because potential wise a top pf/c has much more to offer than guards/sfs.

But dam Xz must still be mad i sonned him in the durant vs oden thread. If you made this thread any other time then fine but after his best game of the year? are you that much of a hater?

Funny thing is people who saying the overrated crap about lebron as well after his McDonald all American game and saying he' d be a bust. Im sure if Lebron went to college even if he put up better numbers then Durant did people wouldve been calling him overrated. People just like to hate.
    test
  15. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

That's exactly what he's doing too. He's going against the grain just because it's the "cool" thing to do. Rippy does the same shit during football season but atleast he makes an effort to prove his point by bringing something to the table. This dude's reasoning is "he was tired".
    test
  16. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

you sonned me? what the fuck type of dillusional drink are you sipping on?

are u fucking shitting me? if lebron went to college he would average fuckin 40 points a game.. your even dumber then that other cunt mccoy.

yeh he played 38 minutes so the fuck what he should be playin 40 what the fuck? only time superstars should come out is foul trouble n he never had any. are u people really this fuckin stupid?

THEY ARE SAYING HES BETTER THE LEBRON. THAT HES GOING TO BE ON SHAQS LEVEL.

yeh he got 25 points u fuckin cum dumpsters, so the fuck wat? im not saying hes NOT GOOD. but he is not great. nor will he be.

O
    V
    E
    R

R
    A
    T
    E
    D.

now lemme see one more dumb fuckin cunt come in here sayin ohh he had 25 points tho blah blah i know how many fuckin points he had. he is still over rated u fuckin fools do i hafto beat u over the head with the keyboard so u can understand what im tryin to say?
    test
  17. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

go against the grain? the fuck? lmfao tons of people are saying hes over rated u fuckin fool. my reasoning for him not having any heart was him being tired. he played 38 minutes he mighta jogged for a good 12 of those 38 minutes. he doesnt have the heart to be a force in the nba. people are going to be fucking bangin on him left and right and his pussy ass is gonna duck down and cover his head.

while u worthless fucks sit on ur tv and watch the game. im actually playing it at the college level. i can judge players 1000xs better then u because i PLAY with them. heart is not somethin u can teach.

O
    V
    E
    R

R
    A
    T
    E
    D.
    test
  18. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

So by that logic that would mean anybody who has played in the NBA opinion's is more valid than yours.

Game. Set. Match bitch
    test
  19. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

huh? how is his opinon worth more then mind cause hes in the nba? the point i was making is i play the game

all that quote does is further my point that hes over rated

i dont even need to try its to easy with you fuckin waste of sperm
    test
  20. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Anybody who picks Oden over Durant as a toss up between the first pick in the draft is a complete fool. Oden LIVES in "FOUL TROUBLE". The NBA is very touchy now on fouling....you finger tap someone and it's an automatic foul. In an NBA game, I'd see oden fouling out within the first 2-3 minutes of the game. Why? Because you see how quickly Shaq picks up fouls for "preventable" over-the-back calls. Offensively....I don't care how many points Oden scored in the Florida game......his offensive production is very inconsistent and he has yet to be tested by an NBA caliber center. Yao Ming, Shaq...they would OWN and POSTERIZE Oden.

Every year, I get tired of people who jump on bandwagons and are not properly educated in sports....constantly say how someone will "be a force in the NBA". Oden has ALOT to learn offensively.....his strong point is his defense BUT good defense is no good when you damn near foul out after 3 minutes of a COLLEGE basketball game. I'm not saying that Oden doesn't have potential.......but..right now...he has ALOT of room to grow as a player. He's only a freshman...well...he's a sophmore now. Think of when you were a freshman in college...did you know and understand everything within your intended major?...probably not....you all can apply this same rationale to this basketball situation. Sports experts even agree on this. So...is he overrated at this point? YES.....and I'd pick Kevin Durant over him in a draft ANY day. Not to mention that market for NBA Centers in this draft isn't all that great. He'll wind up being a second string benchman for the Grizzlies for a while probably. If he doesn't prove himself within the first two yrs in post-draft status..he'll join the ranks as an NBA bust. So..I have to agree with XzErEoUs.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.