Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by opus, Aug 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You are mad

You are mad Ur so angry

That "grown man shit" argument is so dumb. Not just for music. Just the idea that you're twenty four now, so you can't be listenin or doing certain things. Man take it easy, life is too short to put that much weight on meaningless shit like that.

They're talented kids. Tyler for production, Earl for raw lyricism, Hodgy for a unique and consistent flow. I don't see why people over look that, shows real ignorance.
    test
  2. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

No its not..I'm almost 22 and am too old for some dumbed down, immature shit regardless if its "entertainment" or not..There's a certain point in life where you grow up and come to the conclusion that alot of the stuff pushed upon us is meaningless and unnecessary to condone or take part in..These dudes are clowns straight up, but not even clowns in a comedic way like Eminem used to be, but clowns in a goofy, get the fuck outta here way.

From what I've seen Odd Future act like kids who don't know any better and are pretty much a reflection of alot of young people coming up now (brainless), similar to the Beastie Boys in the mid 80's..I'm sure many people didn't start takin them serious till there later work..

Ditto for Odd Future and their affiliates..
    test
  3. Mel Man

Drop me a meaningful, cohesive verse he spit...not some "all over the place jackin off to asher roth" shit but an actual verse anyone could feel and relate to, young or old without cringing or hurling..

No hate, I'm just genuinely curious to see what this dude's got cuz that fact that he young and can spit raw ain't nothing new or mind blowing...Anyone with knowledge of hip hop culture knows rappers been comin out young (teens) and been spiitin raw forever, nothin new under the sun...what is it about Earl that makes dude stand out in a good way?
    test
  4. You are mad

You are mad Ur so angry

Mhmm, you're almost right. Most people reach the halfway point where they're stuck in the middle of this "mature" realization. A lot of the stuff pushed upon us is meaningless, I completely agree. I just don't think you understand how FAR you can take that. You're saying a certain attitude is meaningless, fine. But take it a little further...so are relationships, online forums, and morals(that's political opinions, that's feelings on life in general). It's just as stupid to say you have to act a certain way at any point in life. Once society evolves from the idea that people need to fit inside a box to be accepted, it'll be fine. That's a debate for another time though...

All I'm saying is despite their attitude, some of the members rap VERY well, and tyler is a talented kid, despite what your opinion of his music his.

I go through a lot of artists, I give anyone a chance. If someone releases a song on youtube, or if they have a mixtape of some sorts I'll check it out. Earl, spits it harder than anyone I've heard in a LONG time. It's just refreshing especially amongst this generation of children. Also, poetry/rap doesn't need to reach out to everybody. Not everybody is sad, not everybody has the same problems, not everybody knows what it's like to lose someone, not everybody knows what it's like to go to prison. Sure, on some emotional level another person might feel it, but it's not always about that. There is more than one spectrum to the artform, man. If it's not your cup of tea that's cool, I myself am not a huge fan of lupe. Though he has some great songs, and I appreciate him as an artist.

I've already posted multiple tracks. Just for you though, because you approached the thread with some intelligent arguments instead of "huuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh baayud skatyer kidz"

Fifteen years old:

Also, look...I'm not trying to say dudes the greatest thing to ever enter rap. I'm saying the potential he's showing, along with the great tracks he's already made makes me very happy. Also, he's released a single album, give him time to develop and grow. Kids seventeen RIGHT NOW
    test
  5. Mel Man

Worrd, respects

Listen I know the crew got talent, shit Tyler's a dope ass performer and is bringin that hype energy back to the game..but all Im tryna say is based off what I've heard sooo far, its not my cup of tea, especially cuz there's sooo much rap out there old and new its like why waste my time with this when I could go bump Outkast's first album or Do You Want More!??!, feel me?

But yo Im a peep those tracks, give my thoughts, I kinda shitted on Earl and it might've been unwarranted..
    test
  6. teacozy

teacozy New Member

test
  7. IKNOWALL

IKNOWALL Well-Known Member

He still shook to say anything about Chris Brown
    test
  8. You are mad

You are mad Ur so angry

Guuuuuurl u crazy.
    test
  9. Jeremy Kyle

Jeremy Kyle New Member

test
  10. IKNOWALL

IKNOWALL Well-Known Member

Tyler should just tell the real story CB and crew got them little skateboard kids shook.
    test
  11. ghostofmooks

ghostofmooks 905

test
  12. attxlatt

attxlatt New Member

[youtube]MCV0-KKlDTg[/youtube]

aight i posted a thread about this but i know none of you mawfuckas listened to it, this kid is dope and from dublin (gwame get in here) and has a very odd future style sound. I read on getnloose that hes in OF but i doubt it. ANYWAYS listen n shit
    test
  13. ddoc619

ddoc619 New Member

well i hope hes in of cuz he sounds too similar for ppl not to blow him off. but hes good.....well alright
    test
  14. Krown

Krown New Member

Im conflicted about OF...I like a good % of their tracks, but at the same time I cant stand their interviews,etc...its like they are trying too hard to be different or ignore questions, or talk about some random subject. We get it, youre trying to be controversial. Just make good music and carry yourself like a normal person, instead of trying to reincarnate beavis & butthead
    test
  15. Ethernet

Ethernet G.O.A.T.

Frank Ocean >> The rest of these dudes.
    test
  16. attxlatt

attxlatt New Member

ok... but what about the guy i posted. And i agree with you
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.