Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by opus, Aug 5, 2010.
Somebody tell me how this shit is any different from the mid 2000s horrorcore shit?
The thing is everyone says that when Tyler is the only dude even nearing that and even he doesn't really come off as horrorcore.
Mellowhype is weed rap for the most part, Frank Ocean is R&B, Earl is just a prodigy and is more akin to MF Doom or early Em, JetAge is on some whole other shit, etc. I haven't listened to Mike G yet, but they really are a lot like Wu-Tang in terms of the compartmentalization of styles.
Please, for the sake of canon, do not call Earl anything similar to early Em. Early Em was Em's best, we all agree to that. I'll take the MF Doom comparison in stride, but that is a little off kilter Coz, especially from someone usually so reasonable.
I just can't find it enjoyable. I don't find their substance to be at all engaging. I'll agree the video for Yonkers was pretty fuckin' dope, but the song itself was mediocre at best. And the content was just too creepy. I know some hipsters who like it, but more as tongue-in-cheek than honestly.
I just mean in how he throws off meaningless/empty violent lyrics and threats but raps it very well. Obvs the difference being Em is a storyteller and there's a not a lot of thematic depth holding together those dude's verses.
Diggles, listen to "Yonkers" really fucking loud. It'll change your mind.
^Respect re-earned.. but no Tyler the Creator is weird as fuck to me. And when my niggas tried sending me his shit at first I was like..
"Wtf.. I've already seen Fight Club"
GOBLIN COVER/TRACKLISTING REVEALED!
4. She (feat. Frank Ocean)
7. Tron Cat
9. Sandwitches (feat. Hodgy Beats)
10. Fish / Boppin Bitch
11. Analog (feat. Hodgy Beats)
12. Bitch Suck Dick (feat. Jasper Dolphin & Taco)
13. Window (feat. Domo Genesis, Frank Ocean, Hodgy Beats & Mike G)
source: Amazon.com: Goblin: Tyler The Creator: Music
Stock knows whats up frank ocean a beast
Hurry I got nuts to bust , Busts to fuck , Ups to shut , And Sluts to fucking Uppercut . Its O-F buttercup , Go Ahead fuck with us , Without a Doubt , A sure-fire way to get you Mother Fucked
that is all
YouTube - The Drone: Tyler, The Creator - interview
MP3: Tyler, The Creator – Tron Cat | C.O.A.D Game
Youtube: YouTube - Tyler, the Creator (Of OFWGKTA) - Tron Cat (@coadgame 2011)
lol, this must be what my pops feel like when he listens to rap.
Im not even gonna force myself and just accept im out my element on this one.
still gonna leave this here
The Getaway by DranoO11 on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
Domo genesis most slept on member
Nah id say him and Mike G are the most slept on
1. "Goblin" 6:48 - Hulkshare.com 101-tyler_the_creator-goblin-coadgame.mp3
2. "Yonkers" 4:11 - Hulkshare.com 102-tyler_the_creator-yonkers-coadgame.mp3
3. "Radicals" 7:18 - Hulkshare.com 103-tyler_the_creator-radicals-coadgame.mp3
4. "She" (featuring Frank Ocean) 4:13 - Hulkshare.com 104-tyler_the_creator-she_feat._frank_ocean-coadgame.mp3
5. "Transylvania" (produced by Left Brain) 3:12 - Hulkshare.com 105-tyler_the_creator-transylvania-coadgame.mp3
6. "Nightmare" 5:22 - Hulkshare.com 106-tyler_the_creator-nightmare-coadgame.mp3
7. "Tron Cat" 4:15 - Hulkshare.com 107-tyler_the_creator-tron_cat-coadgame.mp3
8. "Her" 3:31 - Hulkshare.com 108-tyler_the_creator-her-coadgame.mp3
9. "Sandwitches" (featuring Hodgy Beats) 4:51 - Hulkshare.com 109-tyler_the_creator-sandwitches_feat._hodgy_beats-coadgame.mp3
10. "Fish" 6:19 - Hulkshare.com 110-tyler_the_creator-fish_-_boppin_bitch-coadgame.mp3
11. "Analog" (featuring Hodgy Beats) 2:54 - Hulkshare.com 111-tyler_the_creator-analog_feat._hodgy_beats-coadgame.mp3
12. "Bitch Suck Dick" (featuring Jasper Dolphin & Taco) 3:36 - Hulkshare.com 112-tyler_the_creator-bitch_suck___feat._jasper_dolphin_and_taco_bennett-coadgame.mp3
13. "Window" (featuring Domo Genesis, Frank Ocean, Hodgy Beats & Mike G) 8:00 - Hulkshare.com 113-tyler_the_creator-window_feat._domo_genesis_mike_g_hodgy_beats_and_frank_ocean-coadgame.mp3
14. "AU79" 3:40 - Hulkshare.com 114-tyler_the_creator-au79-coadgame.mp3
15. "Golden" 5:43 - Hulkshare.com 115-tyler_the_creator-golden-coadgame.mp3
16. "Burger" (featuring Hodgy Beats) 3:49 - Hulkshare.com 201-tyler_the_creator-burger_feat._hodgy_beats-coadgame.mp3
17. "Untitled 63" 1:06 - Hulkshare.com 202-tyler_the_creator-untitled_63-coadgame.mp3
18. "Steak Sauce" 3:22 - Hulkshare.com 203-tyler_the_creator-steak_sauce-coadgame.mp3
you will find it hard not to love this. lmao.
Tyler sounds like a sexually frustrated child of aesop and vinnie tbh.
I'm intrigued for now, not sure if their novelty will wear off on me or not though.
This is the first Odd Future song that I've heard that didn't make me wanna make me cut my own ears off, Chopper Read-style. And I don't think the song is particularly good either, just tolerable.
dope. Hodgy got nice.
goblin has some shit beats, which was completely anticipated. other than that, it's tolerable. might warm up on it...
Tron cat is seriously good
Separate names with a comma.