NW: 4. TekneeK vs. 13. J-Nyce

Discussion in 'RSTL Grudge Matches and Tournaments' started by Baron Mynd, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. o fuckin shit

i did not figure this would happen

tek's piece doesn't even fuckin rhyme in the majority of it

u dudes really tryna save face by keeping ur buddies in this huh

lmfaooo

i shouldn't even got the extension if i knew niggas was gonna dick me over

where the real voters at
    test
  2. and u dudes is takin it wayyy to far pretending shit is just wack in this thread

stories might have not gone that far in depth, but neither did his

at least mines rhymed and had some shit in it

that tsunami/wave cap shit

he did have any vivid imagery along those lines

just a bunch of huge words and didn't rhyme them

lmao u voters are clowns
    test
  3. DiC GeTs GuLLy

DiC GeTs GuLLy Hello

stop flooding the thread J Nyce.... you still haven't even voted and you have way too many posts in this thread. This isn't allowed in our league, like I've been talling people, I suggest you read the rules..... Flooding threads with complaints is against the rules and I've already warned you about this.
    test
  4. DiC GeTs GuLLy

DiC GeTs GuLLy Hello

Tek, this was very poetical.... that seems to be a theme in the league from a few writers that I don't seem to be grasping too well because of the lack of putting these ideas into a rap format. The flow made this drag on really slowly and the content didn't really help that either as it continued. The start was ok, nothing to quote, but it displayed some insight into a youthful person to build the character, but then the character development ceased and the story stopped being a story and turned into a vague setting of remembering life I guess, but didn't see the purpose of it or where it was leading or anything like that. I don't really understand what this is supposed to be saying... it severely lacks clarity.

J Nyce, the concept you were portraying was nice and I thought it was kind of mature considering you haven't really been acting too mature in this so far... but maybe you've just been frustrated I guess and are a tactless guy like I can be so moving on. The flow was cool in some part, weird in others and not worded as well, but conveyed your message nicely I think. Liked it overall and thought if could of been done better if you spent more time on it and developed the content you chose to flow with. Some of it was kind of vague too, but I got what you were saying though about growing up in life and learning from your mistakes before you die as a result of them.

Vote J Nyce... you both lacked clarity in your verses, but I wasn't able to understand the message Tek was relaying hardly at all and it developed really poorly.
    test
  5. DeadKing

DeadKing The Perfect Method

tekneek - i liked this piece, and honestly its been awhile since i've read something from you i really liked. there was just something about this, kinda on a poetic tip... not like barons piece this week, but poetic enough that it simmered up some thoughts in my head. i liked the message, the flow wasnt amazing or anything, but it did rhyme, so i dont know what others are saying

j-nyce - ok your rhyme was better structured and your flow was more on point. i dont understand how people can say your shit seemed rushed and with no content, it actually wasnt that bad of a verse... some lines really spoke to me, the majority of those lines came in the second half..... i feel the first was you just rhyming and not saying much, but then you took a personal turn and keyed me in

i liked both of these verses, i feel tekneeks verse spoke to me more, i felt it more, but i also felt j-nyce executed his verse better.......

so do i vote for the better write here, or do i vote for who appealed to me more?????

vote - tekneek
    close match, and in all honestly, i could see either winning, good luck to both though

i dont understand all the jabber in the thread though, it really takes away from the match, lets be somewhat professional guys
    test
  6. Brains

Brains The Phantom

TekneeK- I could tell that you didn't put a whole lot of effort into this but I guess you did just enough to get by J-Nyce. There wasn't much solid or consistent ryhming in your verse but I did like the whole thing about how you lose a moment forever if you blink.

J-Nyce- You obviously didn't try very hard either. This was all over the place. None of it was really coherent. I guess its pretty decent for a keystyle but that definitely wasn't enough to get you the win.
    test
  7. Vigil

Vigil Im infinite consciousness

Tekneek - The verse was not bad, but I gotta say the whole reflection thing is old by now. Still tho, the verse was genuine, I just liked the vibe of the verse. The rhymes were pretty lackluster, they weren't creative but the flow was good and it was casual, it didn't take much effort to read the verse through which can't be said for a lot of verses. In fact, that's why I like your writing, its casual, its like you just spit it. But that kinda approach can backfire, because I also look for creativity, and thoughtful shit. I liked the last line "no time will ever miss you", nothing can be more true. As a whole, I thought the verse was just aiight, nothing off the top.

J-Nyce - I liked the creative lines in this verse, you were witty and the rhyming was better than Tek's was. But I thought your verse needed a better layout. I liked the theme of the topical, but I think you could've done more with it. The length of the verse was kinda of a problem for me, usually, when a writer chooses to write 25 lines, their mostly strong. In this case I thought you had stretches where nothing you said mattered. But there were lines here and there like the wave cap line that I liked, I just thought you needed more of those type of lines. If you had written more in a more organized and thoughtful matter I think you would've win strongly.

This battle is a pretty hard one to vote on. Both of you are pretty skilled, Tek is skilled in story development and that kinda shit and J-Nyce has the wittiness and creativity. But I think you both were under par, and it didn't seem like you both tried you're hardest. Even tho I liked reading J-Nyce's piece, I thought Tek's verse was more complete and thoughtful.

vote - Tekneek
    test
  8. lmfaoo this is crazy yo

uppin for votes

what happened to rhyming, this isn't poetry it's topicals

ya'll slay me, really
    test
  9. TaLi RodrigueZ

TaLi RodrigueZ Washed Up Rapper...

Both of these were all over the place lol.

J-Nyce's writing was a little clearer and the rhymes were also a notch above Tek's. I agree with what Millz said, Tek, the entire first half of your piece was didn't grab me in the least. The last two stanzas are probably some of the best writing I can ever remember reading from you, but like I said, the first half just seemed like an obligatory setup for the broader point you were making in the second half. With the exception of the 'eyes' repetition a lot of it seemed like unnecessary filler. Speaking of which, J-Nyce, it seemed like you pretty much used 30 lines for what you could have probably said in 8. It definitely had more of a "track" vibe rather than a 'strictly for text' one, which makes sense considering what you spend most of your time doing. ^ is always a plus in my book since I come from that train of thought in the first place. The flow was a little on and off. I like the wording overall, although, like I said, there was substance, but it seemed very narrow in terms of scope.

Hmm, I don't know, neither of these did jack shit in terms of inspiring me to get out of the god awful rut I've been in with my writing, but that said, I guess I gotta give this one to J-Nyce for the ever so slightly more enjoyable read.
    test
  10. ConstantFlows

ConstantFlows New Member

another quick vote...

this battle wasn't that entertaining for myself personally

Tekneek -- your verses still seem to not be focused. I couldnt get into this piece for the longest time. Idont like the rhyming as i havent lately, it flows but its simple and simple things arent always the best. The concept was cool and thats points for you but it didnt do much for me...

Jnyce -- your content was stretched out a bit, there was a line that made me chuckle but really didnt go nowhere, your wordplay was pretty avg and the rhyming was DEF better than tek's but I dont see it as strong as you think it is because some of your lines were stretched

vote -- Jnyce
    test
  11. Brains

Brains The Phantom

shit I forgot to put my final vote in my post again. Second time I did that already this tourney lol.

Vote- Tekneek.
    test
  12. J o o k

J o o k Guest

tek, I almost was lost in the rhyme scheme, but I did pick it up. I like the piece for it's authenticity. It was pure, and well thought out. But once again the downfall was the rhyme scheme, because even your mechanics shine through the obscurity. If you tighten up them multis, you will be a heavy contender for the champ match. Look forward to seeing you next round.

J nyce - Geezus christ man, I guarantee that people are voting on more than just your verse. The verses are so evenly matched that I bet you are losing votes because of your attitude. At the end of the day, your rhyme scheme was better, but I didn't get the same substance out of the piece. I'll take a good story with okay rhyme over good rhyme with an ok story anyday.

vote - tek
    test
  13. TeKneeK

TeKneeK The Heart and Soul of RM

test
  14. TeKneeK

7-4 me...
    test
  15. Urizen

Urizen I hate humans

vote - Tek

Tek - this was a nice piece but if you wanna do what you said
    you wanted to do in your interview no offense but step it up
    I liked how you made this personal and how you repeated
    yourself a few times with the blink
    I also liked the msg but it didnt really shock me or took me in
    it was just a nice piece

Nyce- same goes for you nice piece you also came with a personal
    one this time I liked how you told the story and it read away real smooth but
    it didnt take me in either

this was a nice match up both came similar but I feel tek took it
    cus his piece had somewhat more of a msg then Nyce
    test
  16. TeKneeK

^^^^^^ like i said in the interview too... this is 1st round.. no need to come with my best effort at all... and U KNOW it showed on this...
    test
  17. A.S.K

A.S.K ...

Tek - I find it real hard to follow verses if they dont rhyme much, so im kinda lost in yours. I like an unusual rhyme scheme but i couldnt pick one up in urs, try and jst up that. Just think u need to tightne up your style a BIT then that will lend so much better to the good stories u bring. I know u didnt try hard, but u gotta step up eventually bro. Theme was cool but it started offfffffffff so damn slow, and then finsihed much better. Ok effort for how much time u put into it

J-Nyce: The only reason i remember your name is cos in every thread ur in u come in and bitch about it in like 20 posts. Next time jst post the damn verse and let it be, ppl get turned off by this 'yo this tourny is wack, i obviously won' bullshit. On the other hand, ur verse is alright. Yes your rhyme sceheme was much better but it was nothing special, defintly nothing to come in and defend for twenty posts. The basics r there tho def. Story was ok but once again nothing to grab me and i guess thats cos u rushed it. Next time, whatever the occasioan,jst put some time into sorting a sceheme out and adding more detail and substance.

Vote: Tek

not the best battle at all but tek jst took it in my eyes, slightly better verse tho the rhyme scheme was confusing
    test
  18. u didn't take shit tek u faggot

u just gettin cocky now cuz ur winning somehow with that lame ass non-rhyming topical

any other site would've fuckin bashed ur story to death

ur shit was just all over the place as mines, only different is i had wittier lines and mines actually rhymed

ur going to win obviously, i don't know how, but please stop being so big headed

whether or not u tried i don't care cuz i keyed that shit not even 20 minutes after i saw u dropped, and haven't done topicals in years, and that's being honest

u are lame as fuck. 38 and not doing anything as a rapper?
    test
  19. TeKneeK

20 minutes after i dropped?

look at the date u dumb muthafucka... the fuck does it say u posted?

i told DIC night before deadline ur ass wasnt gonna show cus it was 45 minutes before it... and ur stupid ass posted 8-9 hours after it...

be fuckin happy your shit got even accepted...

u broke the fuckin rule..

and i dont give a fuck.. ill bust ur ass again with a halfassed verse..

u ain shit.. u never was.. just a bitchy ass anal retentive whiner who cant do shit with rhymes but claim that u actually did good with it..

fuck u u piece of shit..

the fuck do u do to keep ur life worthy?
    test
  20. Vern Acular

Vern Acular 12x RSTL Champ

vote tek

even though most of your rhyme scheme was blah and you through a lot of stuff together, i still liked your verse a little better than j's was too simplistic i read it and felt like there was a lot missing, seemed like it was done just to do, either way niether verse was great but....ehh....thanks to both for atleast showing
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.