NTL Week 1 Overview Including Gambling Odds

Discussion in 'the Onslaught' started by Tha Talent, Mar 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tha Talent

Tha Talent , Tha Master.

Peril Eyes @ WWIII
    This is the type of matchup that makes this sort of league so exciting...Peril and Warren were ranked third and fourth, respectively, in my Greatest In RSTL History rankings, and now they get to face off...Warren is indominable, he's never been beaten by anything except the no show bug...Peril's only been beaten a few times...both have dominated the RSTL at times, and now both have great expectations for the NTL...this could become a classic matchup...I give the edge to Warren simply because i can't remember ever reading a piece that was anything short of great from him...also, he won't let himself lose...this will be a ridiculously close matchup though, either side could win...great matchup...homefield advantage helps Warren's odds too. Odds: Warren 3:2

Adion @ ILL-Logic
    I'm sure many of you don't know who Adion is...well let me tell you, Adion is one of the best writers on the net scene...he doesn't tell stories very often, so perhaps he's taking a risk by entering this league, but that's what makes it exciting...give him a topical and he can really wow you...ILL-Logic i'd assume is still Naughty Nebzer...Logic had a very nice RSTL career, and when he tries he can compete with the best, so he's not someone to fuck with...home field advantage could have been used to sway things in Nebzer's favor, but he chose to go with a topic i think Adion can rip...Adion is the better writer here, and for that reason he gets the nod. Odds: Adion 4:1

Atheist @ SeQueL
    Yet another match that is damn near impossible to pick...Atheist is a hot hand, but SeQueL is also soooo good...my first instinct was to pick Atheist, who is such a pure storyteller, but when homefield advantage is factored in, SeQueL, who is not only a great storyteller but also a great battler, gets the edge...this should be very close, and could easily go either way. Odds: SeQueL 5:3

Headless Verseman @ Tha Talent
    I'm obviously not giving odds on this match...Headless is incredible, when he tries...of course the last three words are just as important as the first three, because he never seems to care in topicals...still, i'm definitely not going to have an easy road if he wants to beat me.

IV @ MadPoet
    MadPoet has homefield advantage...that's the only advantage he has...IV is very skilled, with a great flow and some crazy ass plots...we all know IV, there isn't too much to say...MadPoet on the other hand is an improving writer who has an ego with no justification...he's certainly not bad, but he's also not good enough to mess with IV...i see this as an easy win for IV. Odds: IV 9:1

JowelZ @ DMetrius
    This will be fun, because i'm sure Jowelz wants to beat DMeTRiUS...Jowelzy lost to DMeTRiUS because of a case of new voters, and many people, including the GOAT himself, think Jowelz should have won that match...don't underrate DMeTRiUS, though...he's a respectable former RSTL champ who could do damage in this league...Jowelz is extremely versitle, so i can't see homefield advantage being a big deal in this, but it should just be an entertaining matchup. Odds: Jowelz 5:1

J Rocca @ Baron Mynd
    J Rocca is exactly like MadPoet...cocky without the skills to back it up, though he does have potential...neither is polished at all...Baron Mynd has proven to be one of the better storytellers in the RSTL recently, and a guy that can stand up to vets...this should be a no contest match for Baron, no offense J Rocca...Baron is the far more polished writer AND he has homefield advantage. Odds: Baron Mynd 8:1

Moonshyne @ Infinite Truth
    Moonshyne's not bad...i've read some of his open mics and they are good reads...but i don't think he's polished or experienced enough to handle Infinite Truth...Truth is one of the best in RSTL history, a man who won 16 straight matches, and hopes to do the same in this league...Truth has the easiest division, as well...but that doesn't mean he should take Moonshyne or anyone else lightly...homefield advantage pushes this almost entirely in Truth's favor, however. Odds: Infinite Truth 8:1

Patriarch @ Awedishin'
    Patriarch just no showed me in the RSTL Tournament of Champions, so i can't be certain he will show for this...and even if he does, he is the underdog in this match because of his opponent, one Mr. Mac Flow...Mac is one of the best in RSTL history, i feel like i've been saying that a lot lately, but he is...this could be one of the better matchups of the week if Patriarch comes as well as he can, but i think Mac should take this, especially with home field advantage. Odds: Awedishin 5:1
    test
  2. Tha Talent

Tha Talent , Tha Master.

Theroy @ LiQuidLiFe
    LiQuidLiFe seems to think he's the greatest writer in history...he's not, but that doesn't mean he's not a very skilled writer...some of you might not know who Theroy is, but he's a pretty decent new kid to the RSTL...still, i really don't think he has enough to deal with someone as skilled as LiQuid...Theroy is in need of some polishing before he can hang with the upper level cats...it could be a decent match, but i kinda see it as a blowout...and not even a good blowout. Odds: LiQuid LiFe 9:1

TeKneeK @ RiSeN
    i have no clue who RiSeN is, so i can't give odds on this...however, Tek has been improving fast, and i can't think of a more experienced internet storyteller than Tek...hopefully RiSeN is at least good enough to give Tek a run for his money...this is just going to be interesting.

Art WritaZ @ Erykah Caine
    the last time these two squared off, Erykah won...but i really like these two writers...Erykah has a very lyrical style, using a lot of fluid multis, albeit sometimes getting too abstract in her storytelling endeavors for my tastes...what i mean by that is simply she seems to lose focus at times...Art is a complete contradiction to her style, coming with a much more straightforward, RSTL-built style...this could be interesting, but considering that she won the last meeting and she has homefield advantage, i give the edge to Ms. Caine Odds: Erykah Caine 3:1

Defcon_5 @ Desenuts
    Def say's he'll beat Dese...Dese is the current RSTL champ...Def, in previous topicals i've seen from him, has a good style, though its not all that original...Dese is up and down like a mother fucker...this is going to be a very interesting battle...i don't know if i want to call it...but if i had to, considering that Dese is active right now and Def might be a little rusty in topicals, plus considering that Dese has written some pieces that Def wouldn't be able to compete with in my opinion, i'm giving this to Dese, who also has homefield advantage. Odds: Desenuts 4:1

Peepers @ Ssenlli
    trap bitched out, and left peepers and ssenlli to duke shit out...this should be an interesting match between two equal writers of totally opposite styles...and that style contrast is why i give the edge to Ssenlli, who is the home team...he's one of the RSTL's better comedy heads ever, and Peepers struggles with anything non-poetic...it should be an interesting match, but if Ssenlli choses his topic wisely, he should win. Odds: Ssenlli 4:1

Richard Corey @ UserName
    i'm going to predict an upset here...Richard Corey is my favorite writer on the internet...but i've got to go with Username on this one...User is dope at topicals, i don't know if you've seen him write them, but he can certainly hang in this league...and with homefield advantage, he'll more than likely force Corey to go out of his realm, perhaps with a comedy verse...this league is made for upsets, and this match could very well be one...however, we are talking gambling odds here, and so i have to say Richard Corey, the more experienced and more skilled topical head is the favorite...but if User wins, you heard it here first. Odds: Richard Corey 3:1

Vern Acular @ Status Qu0
    of all the matchups with a vet facing a reasonably unknown commodity, this is the best matchup...Status Qu0 is actually a pretty damn good storyteller/topical head...he hails from RnR, along with me, Adion, Peepers, and Atheist...but Vern is Vern...one of, if not THE best in RSTL history...they have very different styles, yet both are skilled...however i see Vern taking this one, despite Qu0's home field advantage. Odds: Vern Acular 5:2
    test
  3. Madpoet

Madpoet why is this so short....

Tryna work on that attitude, less on shit talk more on practice...at least you said I wasnt bad.......I know I am at a serious disadvantage with IV tho..
    test
  4. Status Qu0

Status Qu0 Hammer Time

this is a dope breakdown, because i have no clue who most of these people are.
    test
  5. headless verseman

headless verseman JERSEY NUCCUH

nice job, thx for the hesitant props, lmfao
    test
  6. Dikembe Mutombo

Dikembe Mutombo New Member

test
  7. TRAP.

TRAP. i'm soo old school.

wrd to bitches.
    test
  8. Art Writaz

Art Writaz The Brokken Knukkle

that was hot bro.. good job, piece 1
    test
  9. Username

Username Guest

niiiice

<3 2 u
    test
  10. ..::Peepers::..

..::Peepers::.. New Member

this was crazy dope and so intersting man.......nice read
    test
  11. /\/\oonshyne

/\/\oonshyne He's What They Talk About

like i told IV...

an underdog is what you are BEFORE you get on top

much respect to Truth... but dont sleep
    test
  12. Oracle3301

Oracle3301 New Member

moon speaks the truth you just wait......
    test
  13. JOWELZ

JOWELZ Bah Fangooly Da Bear

talent= the cool I.V
    test
  14. Defcon_5

Defcon_5 Relax and take notes

4-1 odds against me? boooooooo
    test
  15. Atheist

Atheist Storyteller

5:3 against me.

sequel still hasn't posted yet.
    test
  16. Insanevillian

Insanevillian STILL in CHARGE

Ive talked to SeQ...

he told me he will post his topic last second...

he does everything last second...

that bastid...
    test
  17. Jersey_Emcee

Jersey_Emcee aka LiQuiDliFe

lol....i am the greatest writer in history fucker...
    test
  18. J Rocca

J Rocca New Member

yeah, this was dope....but i don't think i'am cocky and look for the upset this week
    test
  19. Vulkan'XL

Vulkan'XL New Member

nicely done, but the big mac killer will soon return
    test
  20. Baron Mynd 2.0

Baron Mynd 2.0 Topical Writer

Keep looking ..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.