Now the hype has died down, how many still think GTA 4 was THAT good?

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Look im Gangsta, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

The driving wouldnt be so bad if it were short distances, but it constantly made you drive across the fucking country.

7/10.

It was fun at points, but very tedious. Felt more like work than play.
    test
  2. Living HeLL

Living HeLL real nigga shit

i took cabs 98% of the time...i hated that mission where you had to follow the dude for like 5 minutes before gettin to the dope house
    test
  3. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

I took a cab for every mission that I could.
    test
  4. Corn Pop

Corn Pop Langford.

i agree a 7/10 is about right. minus the multiplayer because i haven't spent enough time with it.

san andreas was more fun, funnier, had more to do (better codes, better environments, etc.). i don't even remember that much about the missions themselves, but i know i spent at least 4x as much time just running around doing stuff than i did on the missions. the codes were better, that helped.

all the best reviews i read kept talking about what a great story this game had, and i just kept waiting for it to get as good as they said it was. and it never really did.
    test
  5. Look im Gangsta

haha yeah. all the ''we wont spoil it for you'' crap in the mags.

I was expecting something dope and then when the HEAT scene came up I got all excited. Only to be let down.

And this was MUCH better than San An for me.
    test
  6. Corn Pop

Corn Pop Langford.

that's only because you're racist, mate.

for real though, you didn't have fun with san andreas?

i loved the codes on it, especially with the bicycle that let you jump 500ft in the air. just that alone kept me entertained for hours.

even the little gang takeover portions, they were kinda repetitive, but they got harder and required strategy if you wanted to get them all without cheating.
    test
  7. Look im Gangsta

SA's enviroment was better IMO. The addition of planes helped too. I certainly played that alot more then 2 weeks.

However, the story line was like a poorly written hood movie meets Michael J Fox in back to the Future whilst stopping in for a bit of CB4.
    test
  8. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

it was a DIFFERENT experience, is it that similar to SA? no..... different doesn't mean its going to be "better" in your eyes. regardless, how DIFFERENT can you make a fucking GTA game? be real, you should have known what to expect, but being its you i understand how you didnt.

you were just to dull to enjoy it

i dunno why you even buy games lmao, all you do is bitch about everything, your to busy being a critic about everything which is why you never have any fun

type of nigga to see a player go through another player graphically in madden one time and bitch about it the whole game, lame type shit
    test
  9. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

the online play sucks. they have a lot of kinks to work out for the online play on gta 5.
    test
  10. Corn Pop

Corn Pop Langford.

there's a lot of stuff i can think of that they could do with this series to make it fun, just little things.

they should add a crane vehicle and let you swing the wrecking ball into cars and people and demolish buildings and shit.

and a cement truck, a steamroller, etc..

i like causing chaos.
    test
  11. Complete Chaos

Complete Chaos I'm Drugs.

They shouldn't have realeased it if it does that.

Fix that shit before you put it on the shelves. People don't go through people in real life, and Madden is a simulation so you don't expect that to happen.
    test
  12. Ill Tox S.

Ill Tox S. - Legendary -

I actually dont mind the driving. Got to realize that the actual brakes make a difference for once. Actually more reliable in most situations I experienced.

Im thinking that the driving is harder for others to get used to because of how the cities are designed. I have not come across a lot of long straight roads.
    test
  13. Look im Gangsta

Jayo, give it a rest son.
    test
  14. Living HeLL

Living HeLL real nigga shit

SA story was trash...after you left the hood and went tp that hick town blah blah...fell off for me
    test
  15. DragonAvatar

DragonAvatar Folks

Gta 4 is way better then SA, the gameplay is crisp, no jerky animations, the shooting is precise, the car handling is realistic.

Who cares about codes.. yea they were fun but who the fuck buys a game for code usage?

The online isn't much but it's not to bad, I actually enjoy jumping a car with a bunch of friends and shooting up another team.

It's a really good game, but you guys are just reaching for straws.

If you don't like driving then maybe you should not have bought a game called Grand Theft AUTO.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.