not sure if anyone has posted this yet but it's sure to piss certain people off....

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by N A S T Y, Nov 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. N A S T Y

N A S T Y Well-Known Member

test
  2. N A S T Y

N A S T Y Well-Known Member

it's a good read.... tbh
    test
  3. brodeezy

brodeezy take this fuccin neg

The answer is Fedor. Fought guys way bigger than him, fought way more often, fought the better competition and the more dangerous competition.

He doesn't do as well now because he is from an earlier time of MMA. He was a reigning champ while Silva was losing to Chonan. Silva evolved with the sport because he was at an earlier stage in his fighting career, Fedor was too far deep to evolve with it.
    test
  4. Makabreli

Makabreli done

Definitely not Fedor. He deserves big props, but he thrived in the shittiest division in MMA, even if it was slightly less shitty than UFC's division at the time. Props for figuring out Nog and Cro Cop but he never had to fight any big prime wrestlers. Had a lot of trouble fighting people smaller than him. Thrived on fighting one dimensional meatheads.

Anderson's big accomplishment is showing how a striking base can be used in MMA. Make sure you're one of the bigger guys in the division, feed them single legs, and never lead.

Both brilliant fighters.

But the best? GSP. By miles. Fedor and Anderson fit to scale would've never survived the wrestling heavy welterweight top ten that GSP had cleared out over and over again.
    test
  5. brodeezy

You have proven in three threads in a row now that you know absolutely nothing about MMA. GSP has gone 34 rounds without finishing an opponent and has MAYBE 4-5 submission attempts while in "dominating top control" in his last 5 fights.. other than that he does the same jab jab superman punch occasional low-power right hand. He is not a cerebral fighter and has the killer instinct of a sheep. He's a good wrestler with good top control -- what else?

I could care less that he can jump from full guard to half guard over and over and not attempt to improve his position. Condit gave him his back -- what did he do? He gave it up to go back into safe half guard. When he was on top of him, he was clasping his hands behind his neck only do stall and kill time until the round was over throwing some glancing elbows hoping to cut Condit.
    test
  6. Makabreli

Makabreli done

Correction: I have left you with nothing to say in three threads now.

Perhaps go back to wiki and pretend non MMA credentials mean more than what they do.
    test
  7. brodeezy

That's weird, because I'm pretty sure I just raped you in every single one of them.
    test
  8. Makabreli

Makabreli done

Well, you're the one crying.

If you're trying to rape, I'm not sure you're doing it right lol.
    test
  9. DogMeat

DogMeat New Member

this article is fucking whack, just watch theirs fights with hendo and youll clearly see that they arent on the same or even similar level. one got smashed silly in strikeforce and the other hasnt lost in the ufc lol its not even close
    test
  10. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

none of what's said here is really relevant

doesn't really matter if he'd never finished anyone ever and bored you into a coma in the process

he's bested a better consistent class of opponent than both anderson and fedor

you can hate jon fitch but can't deny he's an effective fighter

that said, picking fedor

mostly emotion talking
    test
  11. brodeezy

Really?

Dan Hardy, LW Serra and BJ Penn, out of prime Hughes, no-TDD Alves? Kos, Shields, and Fitch were good wins, but that's about it in his current win streak. I agree that it's either better or equal to Silva's comp.. but not Fedor's. Definitely not Fedor's. He's also fought his share of unimpressive fighters, but he's fought more top heavyweights than these guys have fought top WW's and MW's. He's also given up size advantages in over half his fights, something Silva has only done against Irvin, Bonnar, and Griffin (and even then he didn't give up too much size) and something GSP has never done.

How you win definitely matters. You cannot say that just because two fighters hold a W over the same opponent but one completely destroyed him while the other held him down for a UD.. that it holds the same weight.
    test
  12. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

Add Condit to that list

Alves has great TDD, that's why so many people thought he had a great chance

Kos is the only person who has resisted GSP's TD assault with real success

Fedor had many more fights but than GSP has but note that I picked Fedor myself

And who cares about current win streak? Go by that and Fedor is the most overrated can crusher ever and Silva is 100 times better than both

GSP has lost twice in his career in between crushing high level welterweights

You've artificially constrained GSP's sample size and compared it to Silva and Fedor's entire careers

and you've taken the how he wins argument out of context, it was based on levels of competition

and more importantly gsp doesn't share opponents with either, there's no way to compare
    test
  13. brodeezy

Just an fyi, I made it smaller because everyone he beat that isn't in his current winstreak is unimpressive. It was to help him out.

And yes, Condit was another credible win. But when did Alves get good TDD? Will elaborate further when I get home, typing on a phone sucks.
    test
  14. Jest Chillin

Jest Chillin New Member

BJ Penn has held a title in two weight divisions. He's also won fights at as high as 185lbs. You can not downplay that A) BJ Penn was a legitimate champion at Welterweight and B) That beating Penn TWICE are legitimate boons to GSP's career.

Silva has certainly showcased more devastating showings than either GSP or Fedor but the level of his comp hasn't been consistently great.

Fedor basically has wins over Big Nog and Crocop in their primes. Other than that his career featured lackluster opponents and towards the end was littered with past their prime names.

GSP probably has the most well rounded and respected roster of opponents and least amount of losses.

Though.. I think depending on whether or not the UFC can get some new talented Light Heavy's.. we could easily see Jon Jones surpass them all.

I'd rank it as 1. GSP, 2. Silva, 3.Fedor IF we're just talking about those 3 names.
    test
  15. brodeezy

He was still a lightweight that moved up and was at a clear physical disadvantage.

..?

Don't forget he ruined Arlovski's chin when Arlovski was easily a top 5 HW at the time (and don't gimme that OH BUT THE UFC CUT HIM garbage, there's a lot to him not fighting in the UFC), destroyed Tim Sylvia immediately after he had a UFC title shot and was a top 5 UFC HW, he beat Nog twice not just once, an in-prime in-steroid-cycle Mark Coleman who was easily a top HW,

the list goes on man, you gotta think about when the fights happened not just which fighters had some success in the UFC after PRIDE died.
    test
  16. Jest Chillin

Jest Chillin New Member

If BJ can fight and win as high as Middleweight, no, you can't sit there and just say "oh he's a Lightweight." He's won against legitimate fighters in heavier classes than Welter so, no, he's not at a disadvantage.

Arlovski and Sylvia were no where near Top 5 when Fedor fought them. You're seriously reaching with that. The entire HW division for the UFC was on life support at that stage. I'm well aware that he beat Nog twice. I'm sure we all are. The fact remains that Nog and Crocop are his big wins during Pride.

Honestly though.. your entire post here reads like you're typing up cliff notes from Bodog "Fedor's the GOAT!!one1!" threads. The man had a good career in Pride but he's not the Greatest and never was. Maybe if his career wasn't so entrenched with M1 Global, he would've fought more quality opponents to really Vet him. But as his career went.. he's not a GOAT. In my opinion he's up there with guys like Crocop and Hendo in the club of guys who had great careers but aren't the Greatests.
    test
  17. brodeezy

You don't think BJ was at a physical disavantage..?

Go dig up a list of the top 10 heavyweights during Fedor's prime then come back. Thanks.
    test
  18. Geedorah

Geedorah King

test
  19. brodeezy

test
  20. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Ffs,yt down again.
    test
Thread Status: