Nobody's Talking About The NFL's Collective Bargaining Agreement

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by Old Soul, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iceodu921

Iceodu921 Resident Sports Genius

wat about the greedy owners.
    test
  2. Sirius Lee

Sirius Lee u unno me!

i thought u were a jag fan?.. damn i guess not because if we dont get this revenue plan we're pretty much screwed
    test
  3. Nitsuj™

Nitsuj™ We Are The Resistance

I am actually hope they dont come to an agreement just so the Vikings can pick up some key players for ONE season lol
    test
  4. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

word...Football is different..no guaranteed money...you fuck up and your gone basically. So they might as well get it while they can. they got short shelf lives in the NFL

Now baseball and basketball is different..guaranteed money..you start sucking your still going to paid
    test
  5. double ML

double ML Guest

^^hahaha@"payed"[funny]

abs did a verb

but anyways, the owners got their money through real jobs

i don't want to hear some crybaby millionaire complain about how they're not paid enough to play a game
    test
  6. Nam Dekan

so if you were playing in the NFL you would tell them to just pay you like 20k a season? or would you just play for free?

i have no problem with NFL salaries. i believe in the NFL you actually earn your salary because its such a competitve environment and you could be out of a job at any time and out of your money at any time...

now baseball i have an issue with..if your a pitcher you can parlay a 20 win season into a huge contract and basically be set for your career, maybe have a couple mediocre years in there to keep your potential big money flowing in...
    test
  7. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

thats not entirely correct.. some of them just lucked out and inherited the team through their parents..
    test
  8. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

i have no problem with the cap.. IMo the nfl needs one or else it will go down the drain and pretty much suck like all other current sports

Selig cant talk, look at his league.. half the teams dont compete and have payrolls 1/3 the size of others.. so u got owners making money off the league while not even puttin out a competative team.. <<<<------- that is a problem

what im talking about is the arguement between the team owners.. does it make sense to reward all the teams money made by the risks only certain teams took?? no, u reward those who take risks.. i wanna say the teams oly share the revenue from tv contracts.. however the small clubs want more.. they want the revenue that the big markets made from non shared revenus sources..
    for example: any team can sell the rights to the name of the staduim for money.. however not all chose to and lose out on millions a yr.. whos fault is it for losing out on the money??

another example is stuff like cheerleader calenders.. so some owners come up with a great idea how to make some extra money.. they decide to invest into the calender markert.. however not all teams do this, i think like 4 teams dont even have cheerleaders yet they want to share the money made off it

this is what im talking about wheni said there are cheap ass owners trying to mooch of actual bussiness men..
    test
  9. Nam Dekan

word...that's what I hate about baseball.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.