Nobody Knows It But Me

Discussion in 'The R&B Haven' started by Parental_Advisory, Mar 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Parental_Advisory

Parental_Advisory Click Click Pow

Damn...I just heard this joint for the first time in a while, I forget how much I loved it...

Anyone else with me on this?
    test
  2. SimpleMinded

SimpleMinded New Member

I bought the album round Christmas time and it's amazed me. Tony Rich was frickin brilliant. Such an innovative sound, a lot of his stuff is like nothing I've heard before. The album's a bloody classic with Nobody knows, Missin you, Hey Blue, Grass is Green, Ghost, Leavin... shits off the hook. The craziest thing that it's all done by Tony Rich...Album booklet says "produced, written, arranged and performed by Tony Rich." "All instruments, vocals and programming performed by Tony Rich." How'd this cat ever fade away when he does it all himself?

Nobody Knows has always been my favorite, though for a while I thought it was actually babyface. Anyone have Tony Rich's later albums? They tight too?
    test
  3. LMD1510

LMD1510 TU SABES COMO LO HACEMOS!

Takes me right back to 1995...great song.
    test
  4. AlmostFamous

AlmostFamous U got a problem?

yeah no doubt this is a alltime classic in my bookss..

if you interested in tony than you should check out his latest cd resurrection... its an independent release... but its got a few nice joints on it...

famous
    test
  5. Skrybe

Skrybe ConnectedthruaForeignExch

Said I been missing you, baby ... I ALWAYS THOUGHT THAT YOU'D BE RIGHT BYYYY MY SIIIDE!!

Oh. Yeah. That's my joint. It used to tear me the fuck up when I heard it, though. Sad times for me when that joint came out. I'm good now, though.
    test
  6. SimpleMinded

SimpleMinded New Member

Damns a bitch to find his stuff on sale. The stores don't got it and it seems nowhere online. Only place I can even find Birdseye is used at Amazon :-\.
    test
  7. MrXtrA

MrXtrA Colorado Raps League

tony rich project is personally one of my favorite r&b albums ever, and nobody knows it but me is my favorite song....haven't heard one that topped it in years......

nu flavor.....one hit wonders almost did tho with thier single....
    test
  8. SimpleMinded

SimpleMinded New Member

After hearing Words, I had made it my favorite album. Then I bought Birdseye and said to hell with it, I'll just say Tony Rich is my favorite artist. So I def agree with you there man, this cat's a genius and way too slept on. Some of these tracks are unbelievable. And to think he wrote, produced and did it all.
    test
  9. Calliz aka Mark Spitz

Calliz aka Mark Spitz New Member

Great song... damn shame all his singles were the same song. lol

Very well put together though.
    test
  10. MrXtrA

MrXtrA Colorado Raps League

he? it's a group =/
    test
  11. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

MISSKEYdaQUEEN Watch the black panther..

eh...depressing song and he sounds just like Babyface...but hey..I'll peep his other stuff...maybe he's better than my memory
    test
  12. A2KAY

A2KAY New Member

what the hell. i thought Babyface sung it so I went on Ares, put in "Nobody Knows It But Me" and downloaded the one that was by Tony Rich ••••••• and it sounds like the Babyface one.

can some1 explain this please.
    test
  13. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

The babyface version did you download that too? I downloaded it awhile ago. Somebody labeled it wrong cuz they also thought it was babyface.
    test
  14. SimpleMinded

SimpleMinded New Member

No, it is just a he, it's Tony Rich. And the song was never actually done by Babyface, it's just a common misconception as the sound and style of the song were very similar to that of babyface. So if you downloaded a version that said babyface, it was just labeled wrong.

If you're interested in checking out more of his stuff, some of his best tracks IMHO are:

Grass is Green (Words)
    Missin you (Words)
    No Time Soon (Birdseye)
    If You're An Angel (Birdseye)
    My Stomach Hurts (Birdseye)
    Don't Call Me (Ressurected)
    Travelin Alone (Ressurected)

As for Pictures, I still haven't had the chance to sit down and listen to it. One day...
    test
  15. thebreeze8700

thebreeze8700 Do What It Do

great song to listen to know and then. Its dope when it comes up when my Itunes is on shuffle
    test
  16. MasterB_RaD

MasterB_RaD New Member

test
  17. Black Hippie

Black Hippie Peace & Love

WOW.....

I just heard this song last night and thought the same exact thing...I really liked this song back in the day
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.