NOAH... The most overrated basketball player on planet earth...

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by Ed E Brock, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

They're being overhyped because they're on a 14 game win streak. They were a slightly above average team all season but because of the win streak they've "all of the sudden" catapulted themselves into the second best team in the east slot in many eyes. I'm not buying it for a second.

The last two years they've closed the season strong. They always do. They'll get swamped in the playoffs.. as always.

My homie TK put it best when he said "They're going nowhere, the playoffs are a different animal." Teams with a presence on the inside go far in the playoffs. Very far. You can point to Kristic all you want, but he's one player in the frontcourt rotation. That's it. One guy. I hate when people respond "oh but they have Kristic" when I say they don't have a presence on the inside. One fuckin player changes nothing.

Yeah, no longer than 6 games. Cavs would win 4-2 at worst. It's apparent that you don't know shit about playoff brackets because for the Cavs and Nets to meet they both need to make the eastern finals. Both teams will be eliminated in the second round by Detroit and Miami, respectively.

I'm tired of hearing that too. They'll have Shaq and Wade this year and they'll lose to a Detroit team who has done nothing since but trade Darko basically. You guys are forever hanging onto the past. Let it go man.

He's still almost a 20 and 10 guy. Not many players can get you 20 and 10.. only 4 in the league can. True, Shaq isn't getting 20 and 10, but he's only off by 1. And still shooting a high percentage.

You're putting words in my mouth. I didn't say he's the same Shaq that dominated the league- cousin, I been said Tim Duncan was the most dominant player in the league WELL over a year ago.

You said stop acting like this years Shaq and last years Shaq are the same person. I'm sorry to break it to ya, but they aren't that much different.
    test
  2. G-Rob da great

Wtf?

I was one of the MAIN people saying Kobe wouldn't suffer without Shaq and I believe I was one of the two or three people that said Kobe would lead the league in scoring this year because of the triangle offense (I got laughed at and a bunch of people picked A.I).

I don't believe Shaq hurts a player or individual talent. He impacts a team. You and Ice can make all the excuses you want but the proof is in the puddin.. Lakers record with and without Shaq, Heat record with and without Shaq. That's all it boils down too. Hell, Orlando Magic record with and without Shaq for all I care.

You guys hopefully will understand it someday.
    test
  3. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

Your right only 4 in the league CAN. Shawn motherfucking Marion CAN. Tmac cant

Marion>Tmac

disclaimer
    *any thread is subject to proving Shawn Marion's> Tmac*
    test
  4. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

t-mac would be a beast alongside steve nash and boris diaw

the suns would be an even better team... wow @ all the playmaking
    test
  5. G-Rob da great

T-Mac in place of Marion and guys like Q-Rich would be wearing a ring to their postgame press conferences.
    test
  6. Who Kares

Who Kares not even your mother

suns would be worse with mgrady...nash would have the ball in his hands less....mgrady wouldnt be anywhere near as effective on the boards as marion...or on the defensive end for that matter...lol@ wearing rings...they'd be lucky to make it out the 1st round....
    test
  7. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

a poor analysis, who kares

whenever mcgrady has had a playmaking guard, you very rarely found him trying to run a fastbreak... nash wouldn't have the ball in his hands THAT much less, and even if mcgrady did dominate the ball more than marion does and took some time away from nash it wouldn't hurt anything. mcgrady's an efficient decision-maker anyway. he can create for himself and others, and that would create a more potent half-court flow when the suns weren't fastbreaking. better scoring, better playmaking all-around.

he may not get as many rebounds as marion, but he'd be close. definitely getting more than he does with the rockets due to the faster pace. and, defense? wtf @ people STILL overrated marion on defense lol... he's an overrated statistical defender, not a lockdown one. that's why the coaches have never given him an all-d spot.

mcgrady would get those same defensive stats as marion would in the suns' pace of games
    test
  8. Who Kares

how many boards does mgrady average...7?....8 at the most?.....thats not very close to 12...

but anyway,besides that...their offense wouldnt flow nearly as smooth as it does now...as their are no egos on the team....who ever has the open shot is the guy on that play..its all fluid....constant passing and rotation...you hardly ever see any wasted motion...where as everyone knows Mcgrady,much like Bryant...will hold the ball...looking for one on one isolation...his methodic,one on one style of play would effect others production and they wouldnt be nearly the high scoring act they are now...sure Mgrady would still average his 25-30....while almost everyone elses average would drop...you can talk about how mgrady is such a great plyamaker and blah blah blah...you're pretty much obligated to do so neway seeing as how you're his number 1 cheerleader and defender....but fact is he demands the ball at such a high percentage....a player like that would not fit into a team-style such as the suns and would not make them any better then they are now...

and dont even try and say Mgrady doesnt have an ego either....he left toronto because he wanted to be "the guy"....and not overshadowed by Carter...
    test
  9. G-Rob da great

I'm quite confident Bruce Bowen wouldn't have made T-Mac look like a pee wee league star in last years western conference finals.
    test
  10. Who Kares

you're right....because Bruce Bowen never has to worry about Mgrady ever making it that far....

Bam...
    test
  11. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

mcgrady would have made it that far with the kind of support marion had... easily. stoudemire? nash? joe johnson? q-rich? please... t-mac's playoff struggles have been about his teams not being able to match the more well-rounded teams they've faced (most #1 seeds), not his individual shortcomings.

who kares, what he averages on the boards now or in the past is not an issue... he would average a lot more with the suns. that's the point. take a look at his rebounding stats versus phoenix the past couple of years, not including this injury-riddled season:

2004-05: 9.3 rpg
    2003-04: 8.0 rpg

that's close enough to neutralize any suggestion of shawn marion's usual 20-10 output being superior to what mcgrady can offer when you include mcgrady's more dynamic scoring and better ast/to ratio to complement the playmaking of nash and diaw.

t-mac's more team-oriented than you're trying to let on as well. he's been working more within the flow of the offense since he's joined the rockets and with a hot-shooting phoenix supporting cast his willingness to pass the ball would be magnified even more. so, i don't see why he'd demand the ball as much as he had to in orlando if he joined the phoenix suns' system, which is even more pass-friendly the rockets'.
    test
  12. Iceodu921

Iceodu921 Resident Sports Genius

notice i said hope g rob...

I know how the brackets r and i know they wont play since the cavs wont adavance.
    test
  13. G-Rob da great

The Nets wont either muthafucka.

Did you watch Around the Horn today? I'm telling you.. the Nets are overhyped because of their win streak and not built to go deep in the playoffs. I don't know how one could honestly look at the Cavalier, Heat, and Net rosters and say the Nets are the most talented. You just told me that LeBron's cast is underrated.. well fuck you look like telling me the Nets have a better squad and could beat them in 6? Come on man. And they have the worst coach (and that's saying something since I don't even like Mike Brown to begin with). Calling them the second or third best team when they haven't been all year is a joke IMO.

At best, the Nets will beat the Heat twice in the second round. If they have Zo back healthy, they simply don't have anyone to contain Big Daddy and Zo on the inside. They're going to run buckwild on them. Count on it.

I'm surprised to see you give up on your loverboy golden child flash though. I thought for sure you'd be picking him to advance past the Nets since he's such a proven valuable veteran leader in the playoffs and leads the league in amazing clutch ability and skills and leadership and he once saved four babies from a burning building while hitting the game winning shot in a pickup game across the street. Only Flash could do that, that's what seperates him from LeBron.
    test
  14. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

you put Mcgrady on the Suns and you have a totally different team. T-mac has never been a Robin since he didnt play when he was a Raptor. i dont think the Suns would be better if you switch'd the two but i dont see a big differnce in the Win-Loss cat. Tmac has the talent to step into Marions role and do almost as well. But i dont think he can control his Ego. Tmac would demand the ball to much for him to work really well. the thing about the Suns that works is they dont have someone who demands the ball they take the best oppertunities avalible. Tmac takes the most shots avalible. he would hurt the chemistry.

Marion>Tmac
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.