NOAH... The most overrated basketball player on planet earth...

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by Ed E Brock, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iceodu921

Iceodu921 Resident Sports Genius

ya 3 more pts at home is really "little brothering" sum1.

Shaq needs to thank Wade for his success this year.

also lol @ other fine talent.
    test
  2. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

3 more points on 16-25 shooting to 18-36 shooting

that's picking someone apart with merciless efficiency

happen to pick up the heat game tonight?

http://www.nba.com/games/20060404/MILMIA/boxscore.html?nav=scoreboardhome

wade's cast has shown flashes of what they're capable of, and they've done that sporadically throughout the year to carry him to wins even when he coughs the ball up endlessly

shaquille o'neal is still the anchor of that team. what's their record without him again?
    test
  3. Iceodu921

I love people who like to try and push stats to their favor.

The cast your praising so much are all basically classic underacheviers minus udonis haslem. PAyton cant hit a big shot and j will turns the ball over down the stretch so the ball is always in wades hands.

Every1 points to the numbers without shaq but alot of games their missing more than shaq and they played some tough teams during those losses. Having a lossing record without shaq in no way proves hes their most important player. Take the starting center off most any team and they will struggle. The cavs will without Z and the rockets will without MIng. Lossing your 2nd best player hurts you alot anyway you try to slice it.

Your not proving any points once again just stretching in trin to put a player down.
    test
  4. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

I'd love to hear someone's case to why Wade deserves to be the "MVP" more than LeBron does. I've heard plenty of arguments to why Wade is the better player (most of them weak arguments)- - but I don't see how one can watch the National Basketball Association and say "yep, Wade is more valuable than that guy". The only thing that stood out before were the wins- but LeBron should easily be able to get 50 wins or more to close out the season.. an MVP caliber type season.

I don't admit he's the NBA's Peyton Manning. Thats just the lame excuse the haters use to downplay his accomplishments. It's the easy way out. Like I've said before, if the NBA was fixed for LeBron he would not have missed the playoffs by such a CLOSE margin in his first two seasons. He missed it by a game the first year and half a game the second year. Why didn't the league "bend over for him" and put their poster boy in the playoffs to boost ratings.

Lets not forget he did not participate in the all star game his first season either.

I don't buy into the "fixed" theory, not just for LeBron- but for anyone in the NBA. Well, all I'll say is that I believe it's a league where superstars get the benefit of the doubt on calls, but that goes for all the superstars- not just one in particular.

Well, yes.. the HEAT will do more than the CAVS in the postseason. I'll give you that much. You just worded it wrong.
    test
  5. G-Rob da great

10-12.. I just love saying that.. :D

The Heat at least had a .500 record without Shaq when Hollinger wrote his Wade MVP article. Since then it's dropped below that mark.

I win again.
    test
  6. G-Rob da great

Neither team would struggle as much as the Heat do without Shaq. Matter of fact.. why in fucks name are you trying compare Z's value to Shaq. Shaq finished second last year. Where did Z finish?!?!?!

The record speaks for itself. Wade's supporters say "well you can't look at this and bla bla other players were out bla bla". LeBron was without his second best player over half the season- and although for a LONG period of time, the Cavs were at the .500 mark without Hughes, they eventually surpassed it. All LeBron. Why should we consider all the factors about Wade losing without Shaq when his record is right there in black and white? Isn't that the most important issue? Isn't that the thing voters will take into account?

The MVP makes his teammates better. Didn't Skip Bayless say all of Wade's teammates are WORSE? Lmao. Although I won't put that all on Wade.. it's more due to Riley thinking he could build a team like that. But if Wade was truly the MVP.. he would do a better job of leading his teammates when his second best player isn't on the floor.. like the guy in Cleveland. Case closed.
    test
  7. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

noah is french right??

but anyways most over rated basketball player = steve nash, dude got the mvp based off intangables lol
    test
  8. tharealist23

tharealist23 The Next Chief

^^^
    I agree with everything you said man. This dude is wack as fuck, and ESPN and commentators kiss his ass like he's the best player in the NCAA or somethin.... this dude come to the nba, his shit will be beat, no doubt. dude looks more ugly than tracy mcgrady
    test
  9. Catch TWENTY 2

Catch TWENTY 2 Poet Extrodinaire

Noah needs to work on his foot work. The kid traveled at least 6 or 7 times in the final four. (some were called and some weren't) he needs a jumper. He's decent. overhyped yes, but I think he'll get better.
    test
  10. Iceodu921

ITs not that z is on the same level of shaq its that losing your post presence hurts your team dumbass..

Thats simple basketball.

Again you need to look at each game indiviually not look at the record. What happened during those games? WHat factors lead to the lose. A couple of those games were without shaq and zo meaning they had no fucking center.

Its funny you look at any little way to put Wade down. Yet hes a proven winner and proven he can carry a team w/o shaq just look at the playoffs last year and thats when shaq was more importnant to this team.

And dam stop acting like shaq this yr and last yr are the same person.
    test
  11. Ed E Brock

Ed E Brock RM's version of this guy

Sahq is garbage these days.... and wade is better without him on the floor... just like kobe was.... so throw out that "thanks to shaq" bullshit.
    test
  12. G-Rob da great

Not Kobe and Wade stats without Shaq.

Lakers record with and without Shaq.

Heat record with and without Shaq.

Thanks for your time.
    test
  13. G-Rob da great

I know. Never said it didn't.

Only one loss was without Shaq and Zo I believe.. the loss to Cleveland.

They beat the Wizards and the Nets... err.. teams who had nothing better to offer than Kristic and Kwame Brown in the post. Nevermind, I think Kwame was suspended for that series. [funny] Wade got by with Shaq either injured or being a non-factor last year in those series.. but he played two teams that have no inside presence at all.

Yeah, his scoring only dropped two points per game and his rebounding 1 a game. Totally ineffective guy this year in comparison to last year. Damn Iceodu.. you just keep outsmarting me.. props to you man, you're the shiznit!
    test
  14. Iceodu921

lol..

sleeping on the nets=a bad idea..

how are they doing this year with kristic as their post presence..

I hope your cavs play the nets so they get shitted on. Guarnteed that series goes no longer than 6 games.

Reaching the conf finals anytime is a big accomplishement idc who you play. E••••ally doing it w/o your starting center who was agruably the mvp of the whole league. Not to mention Wade was their MVP vs det and if he didnt get hurt they wouldve been in the finals.

O and you do realize shaq is avging a carrer low in pts rebs and blk shots? Hes also only played in 53 games.

Ya hes the same Hall of fame shaq who dominated the league.
    test
  15. Ed E Brock

^of course. And he's the only reason dewayne wade and kobe look/looked good.

despite that they themselves played better without shaq on the floor...

And save me the bullshit W-L stats, because it's irrelevant. Has nothing to do with how well an individual performs. "Its only because shaq draws double teams and frees those guys up" arguments are done for though...

:)
    test
  16. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

^^ with shaq the lakers are title contenders

without him the lakers have to pray a team underachieves (hou, gs, utah) in order to just make the playoffs
    test
  17. barnizzle

barnizzle HIP HOP

noah's a decent big man.......but i dont think he'll make a big impact in the league. neither will JJ.
    test
  18. Ur_Boy_Pos

Ur_Boy_Pos New Member

i dont see what people see in Noah's game. all he did during those games was use his height/length. i give him tons of credit....he did make a major impact in da tourney. however, his game is nonexistent. he has no handle, no offensive moves, no shot.....i mean da only thing i could really say bout this dude is dat he has good basketball iq. he does make necessary passes and things of such. he needs some weight, some offensive 1-on-1 moves, a consistent shot, some handle....not to mention stop yelling da way he does cus da first time he faces a physical player such as ebrand or even zach randolph its gonna b a sad site. he's gonna get eaten up. da way i look at this dude, its like all those lanky busts dat come out. he just reminds me of joe smith....people forget jsmith in college. this dude was dunking on everybody, throwing everyones shot to da 8th row, but was very raw. he had all da hype coming out. nba excecs thought he could b molded into a polished player....ended up being nothing. cus he had no true offensive game. he relied completely on athleticism. everyone in da nba is just as athletic and even stronger.....what happens then?? if u need a more recent example, think bout stromile swift in lsu or hakim warrick in syracuse. these dudes can contribute but certainly will never b considered quality players.
    test
  19. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

its really funny to see all the stat talk going around for the Wade/Bron talk but the second someone mentions Marions stats you had to find a different excuse to why he's 'not good'

Best combo Foward in the league Shawn Marion. fuck this thread. Noah doesnt deserve a thread of his own.
    test
  20. Ed E Brock

exactly... and stromile/warrick are both more athletic and quick than this guy is. They don't play like a gust of wind will blow them away.

i doubt he'll be better than either.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.