no more negativity here on forth

Discussion in 'The Alley' started by Twamp, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Pyronoa Zoro

Pyronoa Zoro Demon Cutter

what negativity?

henceforth, it will be known as a twampism.
    test
  2. doslavozes

doslavozes Neg This Post If You're Gay

The whole "you're a delusional faggot"

"no you're a delusional faggot"

3rd party "person 1 is a delusional faggot"

etc etc
    • +Rep +Rep x 3
    test
  3. Pyronoa Zoro

I've not seen that particular back and forth in any thread. sauce.
    test
  4. doslavozes

I imagine other users understand the consistent negativity to which I am referring. That's all that matters imo.
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  5. Thomas Huxley

Thomas Huxley Well-Known Member

No, I don't.

This is an issue of sensitivity.

It's not enough that a handful of you are sensitive, it's that you've melodramatically jumped in front of the gun and expect the world to change for you.
    test
  6. doslavozes

It is a sensitivity issue, but it's also a "being an asshole on the internet for no reason" issue as well. I wanted to post how I post without random users saying unnecessary mean shit. I'd say the majority of conflicts I've been in have involved someone saying something mean to me and me saying something mean back. I rarely pick/start fights around here. I can't think of anyone that I was mean to without them first being mean to me.
    It shouldn't have to be up to me to ignore what random people say on here. If people don't like the way I post, they should ignore me instead of saying mean shit.

I've tried to ignore the negativity when I can. And as a whole I've done a lot better when the new ignore system was in place. But enough is enough. Instead of saying "hey, we can say mean shit all we want, you should just ignore it" the real way to solve the problem would be to not say mean shit in the first place. It's a two way street. I can't solve it all myself.
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  7. doslavozes

For the record, lots of people around here wanted me to change my posting style for them too. You know, the whole "stop thirsting for Andrya/Gal" bullshit that went on months ago. Pfft that's the reason why a bunch of people here started crap with me in the first place. So it's not just me that wants people around them to change. Yeah, in order for the negativity to stop it involves work on both sides, and I doubt both sides are willing to put in the work to be civil, but one can't act like it's just me expecting the world to change for me.
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  8. x calibur

x calibur

but this is rapmusic.com. if you can't take the heat...
    test
  9. doslavozes

True, but that makes me wonder what the hell a rapmusic.com forum has an "Alley" and other sections for, considering I don't think a majority of the users even care about or like rap music.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  10. x calibur

x calibur

most people here at least went through a rap phase in the past, if they're not into it now. and there's nothing wrong with diversifying the content of a site.

my point is that you can't expect a culture to suddenly change to suit your preference. it would be like going to one of the imageboard sites and expecting them to stop trolling each other.
    test
  11. doslavozes

I understand, but my counterpoint was that my whole fighting with a lot of the posters started when a bunch of them made threads complaining about me trying to get me to change. They can't expect me to change and then scoff at the reciprocated action. Besides, I know it sounds silly here, but in reality I don't think I'm asking for much. It's not like I'm going to be talking shit and insulting other members and THEN telling them to not insult me. That wouldn't be fair. I'm saying that I'm not going to insult them anymore and they should do the same. I've tried ignoring them and for the most part it isn't working. Yeah, I can be tougher and not snap at criticism and random hate, but at the same time other people can also not needlessly insult someone else on the internet. It's a two-way street.

This is the only forum I've been on that doesn't ban people for being unnecessary jerks.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  12. Thomas Huxley

Nothing said so far has been particularly terrific. If you're struggling with this then this isn't for you. Go find a kiddy glove site.
    test
  13. Thomas Huxley

Im reserving a troll call.

Either you're 16 or somethings gone horribly wrong.
    test
  14. Pyronoa Zoro

No one is being an asshole for no reason.

has this passive aggressive way of dealing with things ever resolved anything for you? can't imagine that it has.

It never will.
    test
  15. Pyronoa Zoro

and who is being an unnecessary big meanie to you? you're going to have to name names or I can't help you.
    test
  16. doslavozes

This would be the perfect time to have used a rep message as I'm specifically trying not to start a war or anything by naming names. They know who they are, I imagine you can guess who they are. That's all that matters imo.
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  17. doslavozes

I disagree. Someone has to start the war right?
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  18. doslavozes

I'm not going to leave the site simply because some people don't like me. Then the terrorists win.
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  19. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

eh, prolly just gonna not pay attention and ignore the squares instead of constantly ridiculing them.
    test
  20. Pyronoa Zoro

You can shut up now.
    test