No longer under law, but under grace

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by TheBigPayback, Apr 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Its an appeal to ignorance. Which is why he resorts to ad hominem.
    test
  2. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

@Random if you find out anything on your study with your friend share it hear, that would be edifying

and amen,amen. It's not for anyone to say anything about whether anyone is walking that narrow or according to the Most High....He knows alone

That's the thing. The mark of cain has nothing to do with skin. Whites are from Japhet and some may be Edomites...some H.I. take that in gross misunderstanding in the carnal mind and just like denominations in Christianity, there are those bad sects in the Ysraelite community. But That is not true, the mark of cain. Whites are not devils. And Ysraelites were ordained to be the salt of the earth, a light to the world, a preist nation according to the Fathers Will...it's deep. Halleluyah, the Messiyah does desire all who worship in spirit and in truth.

The congregation I study under know all this and by no means come across carnally minded but as according to Scriptures. YOU are welcome to do Sabbath bible studies online live...see my sig.

I'll get to the sabbath...but right now I got to run out the door!!! I'll be back lather

Cya
    test
  3. RandomPoster

RandomPoster New Member

That bold part right there is what I was trying to get my friend to understand but he was too stuck on race. Through my own studies I believe that the Hebrews were people of color as well BUT where I differ is I don't believe that Blacks are the only ones that have felt the curses of Deut 28 but that's a whole other story. LOL!

I may pick you and your teacher's brains if I get another opportunity to dialogue with my friend. We pretty much went different ways because he just became too angry.
    test
  4. RandomPoster

RandomPoster New Member

Ok I’ve sent an email to my friend. He goes to a church that also believes they are the only ones that are doing it right but they only study in the original languages so he is a good resource. Here are some of the documents from history I was talking about where we see references to Jesus and Christians. The bold parts are the headlines with the dates and the 2nd portions are the quotes and reference numbers.

The Jewish historian Josephus (93 AD) WROTE ABOUT JESUS, AND JOSEPHUS CLEARLY SPEAKS OF JESUS AS A HISTORICAL PERSON - JOSEPHUS ALSO CONFIRMS THE HISTORICITY OF MANY NEW TESTAMENT EVENTS.

“Now, there was about this time Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man, for he was a doer of wonderful works - a teacher of such men as receive the truth with pleasure. He drew over to him both many of the Jews, and many of the Gentiles. He was [the] Christ; and when Pilate, at the suggestion of the principal men amongst us, had condemned him to the cross, those that loved him at the first did not forsake him, for he appeared to them alive again the third day, as the divine prophets had foretold these and ten thousand other wonderful things concerning him; and the tribe of Christians, so name from him, are not extinct at this day.” (Josephus, Antiquities of the Jews, Book 18, chapter 3, paragraph 3)

Lucian was a Roman comedian who wrote about Christians in the second century:

[Jesus was] “ . . . the man who was crucified in Palestine because he introduced this new cult into the world . . . Furthermore, their first lawgiver persuaded them that they were all brothers of one another after they have transgressed once for all by denying the Greek gods and by worshipping that crucified sophist himself and living under his laws.” (Lucian, The Passing Peregruis)

The Roman historian Cornelius Tacitus (115 AD) WROTE ABOUT NERO’S PERSECUTION OF CHRISTIANS IN THE TIME OF NERO (54-68 AD):

“Consequently, to get rid of the report, Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilate, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judea, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome, where all things hideous and shameful from every part of the world find their center and become popular. Accordingly, an arrest was first made of all who pleaded guilty; then, upon their information, and in Rome an immense multitude was convicted, not so much on the charge of arson as because of their hatred of the human race. Besides being put to death they were made to serve as objects of amusement; they were clad in the hides of beasts and torn to pieces by dogs; others were crucified, others set on fire to serve to illuminate the night when daylight failed.” (Tacitus, 15:44)

The letter of Pliny the Younger describes for us how Christians met. Pliny was the governor over Bithynia in Asia Minor, some of the territory described in Acts 16:7 and 1 Peter 1:1. He wrote about the year 112 AD.

“On an appointed day the Christians are accustomed to meet at daybreak and recite (or sing) a hymn to Christ, as to a god, and bind themselves by an oath (sacramentum) to abstain from theft and robbery, adultery, and breach of faith. After this they depart, and meet again to take food. To find out the truth concerning them I applied torture to two maidservants who were called deaconesses. But I found nothing but a depraved and extravagant superstition.” (Pliny, Letters, 10.96)

I'll let you know when I hear back from my friend about Acts 11.
    test
  5. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

@Random
    those are interesting secular sources indeed!!! The the apocrypha is another set of books originally in the 1611 king James bible that were taken out, and they provide amazing insights to scriptures in the 66 book bible today. Why they are not in the cannon today is really interesting to study...I want to look into that more, but what I have found out already, it's deep..lol everything is deep to me I guess.

lol yeah I know what you mean...though if you stick with what scriptures are saying you are doing it right!!!! Knowledge of the "OT" is key to understand the "NT". Just about everything the MessiYAH said, and the 12 disciples, was all backed by scriptures found in the so called "old tastament"....Fear of Elohim is the beginning of wisdom. That's DEEP.

I don't think Sunday kats really fear YAH cos they ignore the Scriptures that they claim to believe in. The Christian leaders and teachers all go to seminary (cemetery) school for their curriculum to be "anointed" to teach. Satan is at the head of all that because they come out with another gospel and no understandings of scriptures, thus deceiving honest, sincere people (payback for example). MessiYAH and the 12 did not go to cemetery school!

What is interesting about mainstream Christianity is the deep pagan roots interconnected in their doctrines, down to the day they worship, and who they wroship...a 3 god system that is not Scripture but in fact raiments of pagan roman/Greek/Judaism practices, pagan high days (easter, Christmas, Halloween etc) all split into a new religion: mainstream Christianity. Find out more about it in 370 AD when Constantine allowed legit 'christians' to openly practice, and "the way" was changed to infuse pagan practices in order to draw in the other pagans and true followers under one unified religion. IT's deep and worth more study. Sunday is taking YAH's name in vain...and no chruch I ever been to on sun worship day ever taught scriptures...rather it was all sound bites and philsopy and doctrines of man. WOE.

No scripture is by private interpretation and in all things let a matter be established by two or three or four witness....everything in the "NT" can me established that way :p

Anyhow, I digress

Peace & Blessings bruh

I would be very careful about yoking with sunday kats, because they think it don't matter what day to keep holy. Our Father said remember the Sabbath and have it as a day of rest. Rest does not mean sleep or take a nap and then go worship on the pagan sun worship day: SUNday. It means keep it set apart as a Holy Convocation, the Father rested from the creation on this day, and we have to observe it. IN every case the apostals and even the Messiyah kept and honored this day...

This is an amazing study on the purpose of Ysrael...it covers a lot and you will learn a lot !

ISRAELITES What Is Our Purpose? - The Spirit of YAH - YouTube

test
  6. Brown Jesus

Brown Jesus Menso is for Dummies

test
  7. RandomPoster

RandomPoster New Member

test
  8. Brown Jesus

Coup? Am I asking the questions you're told to ignore?
    test
  9. TheBigPayback

test
  10. Brown Jesus

Yeesh! That pretty much debunks this Christians from the 4th century crap. That Josephus quote is suspect, though. Why would a Jew claim Jesus was more than a man? Then he says: He was the Christ. He would have been ostracized for that, but he was a well to do Jewish man, obviously.
    test
  11. RandomPoster

RandomPoster New Member

I think I might have this book at home. I'll see and let you know if that's what it says. I think he is just reported the way he was accepted by his followers. Not necessarily his own opinion.
    test
  12. Brown Jesus

Your copy will most likely contain it. Iirc there are manuscripts without the difficult passages. Its a difficult passage to work with. Scribes have Ben accused of adding words into the text when it was copied. Christians love that passage, Jews discredit it.
    test
  13. RandomPoster

RandomPoster New Member

Gotcha! Thanks for clearing that up for me.
    test
  14. TheBigPayback

Did u know that the scribes were only allowed 3 mistakes or they had to throw the whole thing out and start again from the beginning.

Cross Examined Home Page in the vid clips section discusses it
    test
  15. RandomPoster

RandomPoster New Member

Yeah but the thing is there are sections that they just didn't have because we don't have the Original Original manuscripts and they had to fill in the blanks. That's why some words are italicized in the bible. It's to let you know it wasn't in the original manuscripts. The problem that creeps in though is these people are still human and have their own religious biases and can push translations to fit their set of beliefs.

I know some people absolutely HATE the NIV but I like it because it at least tries to take out the questionable verses that were probably added in later and puts a footnote at the bottom to let you know why it's not there.

Groan I wish I could post links!! Arrgghhh!! Here is a nice video I watched a while back that deals with common arguments against the validity of the bible.

whchurch . org/sermons-media/sermon/the-conspiracy-conspiracy
    test
  16. TheBigPayback

Word ill check it out. Why wont it let u post links yet? I can ask the other mods.
    test
  17. RandomPoster

RandomPoster New Member

Says I have to be a member for 7 days before I can post links.
    test
  18. TheBigPayback

test
  19. Brown Jesus

I'll even take a YouTube video at this point.

:cry:
    test
  20. RandomPoster

RandomPoster New Member

LOL!! Sorry Brown.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.