No longer under law, but under grace

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by TheBigPayback, Apr 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Ima keep schooling you till u admit your under false teaching

Galatians 3:23-25 King James Version (KJV)

23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster
    test
  2. TheBigPayback

Galatians 5:3-4 King James Version (KJV)

3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

That feeling your getting is called conviction. Embrace, repent, and recommit under sound doctrine.
    test
  3. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

being circumsized is a sin?
    test
  4. Brown Jesus

Brown Jesus Menso is for Dummies

Matthew 19:16-17 KJV

And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Genesis 17:7-14 KJV

And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee. And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God. And God said unto Abraham, Thou shalt keep my covenant therefore, thou, and thy seed after thee in their generations. This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised. And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you. And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed. He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant. And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.

These verses and others like it cause me to approach the Pauline Epistles with a grain of salt; that and the disputed authorship. In this case, everlasting has a very specific definition; that is, forever. Why would Paul consider his statements greater than God's very clear Word?
    test
  5. TheBigPayback

No it saying if u dont accept the grace jesus provided u are judged by ur fullfilling the law rather than his. And ur not righteous and will never be,

And no ones saying NOT to try to keep the law as well. We are not judged by our keeping the law unless u make it that.

When jesus talks about HIS commandments

Ex. In john 14
    15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Hes not talking about the 10 commandment. He mentions what HIS commandment is in john 13

This isjesus's commandmentsthat is mentioned throughout the new testiment
    That hes talking about in john 14 that coup knows not what hes saying

This is what hes is talking about. Not the 10 commandments. But u follow false teachers u learn false things.
    test
  6. RandomPoster

RandomPoster New Member

Yeah sometimes Paul confuses things. On the surface it seems like Paul is saying one thing and Jesus is saying something different. Overall I think they agree but it wouldn't surprise me if Paul had an agenda with his writings.

I've wanted to ask this question though. What did Jesus mean when He said that he came to fulfill the law?

Matthew 5:16-18
    King James Version (KJV)
    16Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
    17Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.
    18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

He says that he didn't come to destroy the law but to fulfill it. So my question is did He fulfill the law? If He did fulfill the law then what does that last statement about "till all be fulfilled" in verse 18 mean?
    test
  7. TheBigPayback

He fullfilled what we were unable to keep.
    test
  8. TheBigPayback

test
  9. I Am High

I Am High New Member

Tapatalk wasn't working with my Brown Jesus name. Weird. Anyway....

In the verses from Matthew I quoted, he is speaking of the ten commandments, and generally, the law. I'm not arguing that we should grow beards and long hair, but, some of it is important (e.g. circumcision).

I agree that we aren't justified by the law, but, that doesn't mean that we should ignore it. Paul, if I'm not mistaken, continued to practice his Judaism, even after his conversion. Why? If we are one in Christ, then why does he hold himself to higher standards? Why does he insist that it isn't necessary when he apparently doesn't believe it himself?

IMO it isn't about false/true teachers. Show me someone today without "false beliefs." The pride in humanity is what drives us to express our "truth." Who's right? Does it matter? I think everyone that seeks is given a kernel of the "Truth." Our job is to fellowship and put the pieces together.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    test
  10. RandomPoster

RandomPoster New Member

DUDE you just summed my thoughts up EXACTLY!!!! Yes!
    test
  11. RandomPoster

RandomPoster New Member

So what were we not able to keep? He fulfilled what we were unable to keep so what was that? Could we keep any of it? What about before the Law was given how were people judged then?

The point I was trying to illustrate is that whatever Jesus meant by saying He did come to destroy the law He came to fulfill it. If He fulfilled it then what does that do to the law? He said that nothing will pass from the law until all is fulfilled. So if He fulfilled it then what does that mean about the Law?
    test
  12. RandomPoster

RandomPoster New Member

LOL!! I hope not! LOL! I can't get that undone. :funny:
    test
  13. TheBigPayback

Im not saying not to follow Gods commands, or Gods laws. Coup trys to imply thats what im saying. (Its not me that said it the bible says it) I am simply asserting that we are not under the same covenant as the jews prior to christ. We have christ, they did not. Jesus was clear about what HIS commandment was. to believe in him and love one another. John13/14. If ur in jail and the jailor says your free to go just make sure to see ur parole officer and do some community service. But you choose to stay in jail, ur still subject to the laws of the jail rather than the laws of the world outside of it wether it was offered to u or not. So when they say lights out at 10, ur still in jail, it doesnt matter if there is no lights out rule on the outside. Thats your own fault for staying in jail when they said u were free to go. u put yourself in that position by not accepting and or understanding what he was giving you. You cant say your under grace, if u dont accept his grace. If u perfer to live by the law by all means. But dont get mad at God when ur judged by them with his standard of righteousness. An thats something u will not be able to achieve. There is nothing short of perfection in that sense. And u arent perfect.
    test
  14. RandomPoster

RandomPoster New Member

I'm not saying you're saying that. I know you're not saying that. Re-Read what I asked. I know it's kind of a tongue twister question but if you really read it you'll see I'm kind of making the same point you're making.

If Jesus said that he came to fulfill the law and that nothing from the law will be changed until it's all fulfilled did he fulfill it? If He fulfilled it do we still have too?
    test
  15. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

payback, you misunderstand the context of the verses you are plucking out...you have to read and have understanding of the Epistles, you are shredding context in vain of your tradition and doctrines of men...

the Epistles are letters to a people and like all letters you have to read them as a whole to understand just what he is saying: both historically and backed by the scriptures as Paul knew them which were in the "OT" that you are taught to ignore.

under grace is not freedom for the unchanging creator's Word. Under grace is mercy from the judgments of sin (sin is transgression of the Father's commandments) so, that is not what Paul is saying...you have no understanding of the Gospel, it is clear to me...yet you still don't want to learn. I'm OK with that. but don't bring the others down by your ignorance.

you can label all you want. Obeying the scriptures, obeying YAH, following the MessiYah is not legalistic...nor is it a burden. You can't judge the Creator's law by the rudiments of this world that you are stuck in. They are freedom...it's out of love and understanding.

if anyone has a question to what the out of contexts verses payback is plucking out to support his religion (another gospel) please contact me:

franc112@msu.edu

and LOL at paybacks avatar; the shourd is a fake and the Messiyah was 'black' had short hair....oh it would be hilarious if this were not so serious....dawg, I saw the post you put up at Holy Culture . net to ask others to critique my video on the true ID of "african americans"

notice not one person came at it with scripture or understanding.woe, they only came at it with philosophy. Truth is offensive.

your thread:
    http://forum.holyculture.net/showth...itique-this-dudes-video&highlight=Ksyy6sSGDUE
    test
  16. I Am High

I Am High New Member

But Paul was let out with the proverbial red carpet. Why does he keep following jailhouse rules?

test
  17. I Am High

I Am High New Member

Gospel of Thomas

3 Jesus said, "If your leaders say to you,

'Look, the (Father's) kingdom is in the sky,'

then the birds of the sky will precede you.

If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,'

then the fish will precede you.

Rather, the (Father's) kingdom is within you and it is outside you.

When you know yourselves, then you will be known,

and you will understand that you are children of the living Father.

But if you do not know yourselves,

then you live in poverty, and you are the poverty."

test
  18. RandomPoster

RandomPoster New Member

I read this post and watched your video. It doesn't seem that they really cared about your video all that much but were more annoyed by thakidd. You have to admit that Hebrew Israelites are all over the place online so it's a task to weed through the ones that make sense and the ones that are spewing str8 garbage like the guy that calls himself the Comforter that Christ promised. Smh...
    test
  19. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

thakidd is payback

just like the false religion of Christianity and all the denominations (sects like Baptist, pentecostal, Lutheran, catholic...one thing they all share is the rejection of the MessiYAH) and there are sects of Hebrew Ysraelites that teach bad stuff that I won't even bring up cos it's false...it's important to know scriptures, that is for sure.

I also noticed that nobody in that thread touched on the material presented...

im about to bring out a lesson on Deut 28...ill post it up when done. It will be better, Im not a very good teacher, but I am getting better as YAH leads .
    test
  20. RandomPoster

RandomPoster New Member

I like that. Have you ever read any of the Urantia Papers? It's some far out stuff in there.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.