No Coast vs The World Recap

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by XQZapproved, Sep 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XQZapproved

XQZapproved Well-Known Member

this was definitely the hilarious, weird, dope, awkward weekend i expected it to be. shoutout to UGZ and deadbeat for settin it up and for a dope battle and al hendi's hospitality as usual. thanks to spy and sonny for comin out and hostin and all the mc's who came in from outta town killed shit.

day 1:
    we got a decent sized crowd at stankowski and they were actually live as fuck.
    hindu rock vs special t was a good battle to start the night off. mad energy and a lot of hatred. t had his best performance and h rock fuckin snapped in his 3rd haha
    heebs vs biscuit- big improvement by heebs, had some bars that got good reaction. don't sleep on mr. biscuit he is gonna be a problem.
    pompey vs hendi was weird.
    don't remember much from nfact vs vokab cuz i was up next
    me vs deadbeat- if he comes the way he did every battle he'd be really fuckin hard to beat. by far the best shit anyones said to me. my performance wasn't flawless but i still feel good about it. really close battle. rematch > first battle
    phrases vs caddy- as many people are gonna say, caddy may have changed battle rap with his performance. cops came, people wanted to jump caddy, wait and see.
    paper vs deuce- wish the crowd coulda kept the energy up cuz they both killed it. im disappointed by the lack of henny. splash.

day 2:
    the crowd, the battles, the 2 on 2 tourney on day 2 were all so much better than i expected.

as much as i love hating on hubris on the block, rcx had one of the best debut's in a long time. ridiculous pen game just gotta work on that delivery
    old man vs megadef- was a very angry, evil, rape kill death type battle so if your into that enjoy
    mr xtra vs deuce- deuce was in top form all weekend but he completely shut shit down in this one. one of his best performances i've seen, i wouldn't wanna battle him after seein he's got X bars for days.
    klutch vs phrases- wow. probably the best battle of the whole event. klutch had one of the sickest lines i've ever heard anyone say to phrases, he was snappin in this one. phrases seriously tore the roof off the place tho, hardest ive ever laughed in a battle. then they battled for like 3 more hours at the after party.

2 on 2's were dope. we had some no shows so we had to put together some teams with people who don't rap but once it got narrowed down there was some good footage.

shoutout to eyerate for not hating as much as he wanted to. (and his classic battle the world will never see)
    the spypher.
    hindu rock's red charger that helped him impregnate women.
    heebs fashion sense
    heatin the play and dumpin the bread
    several rappers girlfriends for being good sports
    all the people that got put in a box or several boxes this weekend
    gumby's pizza
    racism
    and of course mariah.
    test
  2. TwaffleCone

TwaffleCone actual human being

Nice recap, I can't wait for footage to start dropping. Mind PMing me the winners of Hendi vs Pompey, RCX's battle, and the 2vs2?
    test
  3. Freshcoast86

Freshcoast86 Rap or chill

Whats the deal with the caddy situation?
    test
  4. clint_beastwood

clint_beastwood New Member

as my first order of business being that im runnin shit around here, i will reveal that caddy ron did some incredibly racist shit
    test
  5. itsdefcee

itsdefcee New Member

Who of the 2-on-2 teams no-showed?
    test
  6. Minkaveli

Minkaveli VoKab

you gonna post the cypher footage up? had some good cyphs that first night. wish i could have stayed the second day. work needed me. I rewatched Ron vs UP, me vs Nfact and XQZ vs dB again.

Crowd was nice. Everyone was chill as hell. deadBeat made it happen. If only people knew how much work he put into the event plus defending his championship title is a lot of work. Heebs helped a lot as well. Nice to meet Dr. UGZ and all the regulars.

Hindu and Special T didn't want to battle first but it worked out perfectly. It was a great battle on both sides but one emcee surprised me with his performance and earned a lot of respect and will get a lot more once the footage came out.

Sweet Youth's 3rd round was one of the greatest strategy's I have seen in a battle in a long time.

Ron vs UP-One of these two guys had the greatest performance I have seen in a battle in years. Seriously though...years. I remember Eyerate standing there with his hands above his head for one of the rounds and telling people to "stop sleeping".

Paper vs Deuce-Very animated on both sides. The winner was a little more animated than the other. Solid showing by both. Shout out to Paper for a Das Efx reference.

me vs Nfact-Solid battle. We both had good plans of attack to our battle. Close as hell. Footage will be a good look for both of us.

dB and XQZ was an epic title match. It was close as hell. Crowd was sleeping on a lot of lines. It came down to the judges. It would be nice to get a break down as to why people voted one way but I think the right call was made by the nose of a football. JK. Lots of inside jokes with this battle. Great replay battle. Showed the GF and she thought it was funny.

Klutch and Mr. Biscuit were good people. Both surprised the hell out of me. I wasn't expecting a whole lot but both of them represented and definitely need a GT battle. Heebs was cool as hell. People need to stop with the hate.

Eyerate kept it 100 proof. I got drunk as hell on Friday night. Almost lost a contact which would have sucked with the 145 mile drive back to the airport. The cypher footy was nice with it. Good to cyph with everyone. Paper, UP, Vibe, Klutch, Glympse, Deuce, Hindu.

Vibe was there. Good to see you my dude.

Download my album! I'm down for the next big event.

Next stop, KOTD Vancouver in November.

Edit: Can someone PM me Mr Biscuit's info? I gotta e-mail him some footage.
    test
  7. XQZapproved

yea i got some cipher footage i'm gonna post. yo vokab u think u could possibly send me ur footage of me vs db?
    test
  8. deadBeat

deadBeat BVA, who is this fella?

EDIT

Release Schedule:

Hindu Rock vs. Special T 9/24
    Double/Deuce vs. Mr. Xtra 9/28
    Unorthodox Phrases vs. Cadalack Ron 9/29
    XQZ vs. deadBeat 9/30
    NFact vs. VoKab 10/1
    Unorthodox Phrases vs. Klutch 10/4
    Mr. Biscuit vs. Azreal 10/5
    Double/Deuce vs. Paperwerks 10/6
    Mega Def vs. Old Man 10/7
    DJ Pompey vs. Al Hendi 10/10
    Sweet Youth vs. Sho' Biz 10/11
    Speedy Cal who? vs. Glympse 10/12
    Heebs vs. Mr. Biscuit 10/13
    RCX vs. Grendel 10/16
    Klutch vs. Sho' Biz 10/17
    Glympse vs. Mr Xtra 10/18

Event was crazy.

Thanks to everyone for coming through. We had zero no-shows that we didn't already know about. Everyone was real nice, humble and many battlers put on the best performances of their career.

I hate singling anyone out, because almost all of ya'll killed it - but the day 2 surprised me. Double/Deuce's performance against Mr Xtra was my favorite performance of his ever. UP's performance against Klutch was one of his top 3 ever imo (out of what? 20?). Maybe his 2nd or even best performance...but i wanna see the footage again before I say. Klutch killed it too.

Day one - ......Caddy Ron vs. UP is going to get lots and lots and lots of attention.....wowwwwwwwww is all I can say.

Hindu Rock vs Special T....they both might of had their best performances ever, and it was amazingly close. The crowd was HYPE for that one. First battle of the night and before it happened the crowd was waiting for about half an hour and getting rowdy. Once we gave them a battle, they ate it the fuck up. Great vibe.

IMO, XQZ and I both had our best performance ever. I had fun in that one, NFact vs. VoKab was a good battle. Hell, almost all of them were good battles.

2v2 tourny went well. Especially once it got narrowed down to the top 8 and 4.

Mega Def vs. Old Man....no one expected much and they both killed it. RCX (newcomer) killed it in his 3rd round....wow...lots of great performances all around.

Thanks again to everyone. Tooooooo many to name. But everyone made things real easy for me because they were being responsible and professional.

Full recap coming when I'm at home.

And this event was only the beginning. Keep an eye out for more crazy events, and hit me up at nocoastraps @ gmail . com for all of your battle needs.

Edit: p.s. those Colorado battlers are gonna be problems soon
    test
  9. Micky D

Micky D New Member

caddy ron shit sounds interesting
    test
  10. deadBeat

deadBeat BVA, who is this fella?

Caddy Ron shit is very interesting...
    test
  11. heebs907

heebs907 GS ICEY

ayo ayo ayo

caddy might have changed battled rapping.. everyone in the world will want to watch that battle

db vs xqz was probably my favorite, both came really really sick... both definitely the top two in nocoast(without a doubt)

if you never have seen double/duece live....do it asap. he is sooo sick.. he battled twice and in both battles he brought it

i battle mr biscuit.. he is ridiculously dope. probably best in bodybag battles.. it was dope to battle him, he killed shit ALL weekend. also klutch is dope a fuck, he came @ phrases better than ALOT of GT has.

there was alot of dope battles, the 2v2 was awesome especially the last couple rounds shit got wild..

the event was LIVE as fuck..

shout out to EVERYONE that came out, i enjoyed kicking it with all of yall.. no one wasnt cool.

dope weekend

thanks, haters on hate

shout out to eyerate
    test
  12. Micky D

Micky D New Member

if you call the caddy ron "white man gets racist in rap battle" it'll get a million views
    test
  13. ILLEATYAFACE

ILLEATYAFACE New Member

cant believe heebs got punched in the face twice, unlucky bro
    test
  14. heebs907

heebs907 GS ICEY

oh yeah
    shout out to al hendi/pompey for letting us have huge afterpartys with performances and whatnot..

i hope everyone that went to the event will come back cause it was really fun/successful..

#splash
    test
  15. rodney1

rodney1 New Member

what up with the caddy situation, all i can think of is he must of been incredibly racist and dropped the n-bomb.
    test
  16. heebs907

heebs907 GS ICEY

shout out to deadBeat for throwing this.. he is taking it to the next i promise

and illeatya, i had to...its gonna make good footage
    test
  17. XQZapproved

its kinda hard to explain without spoiling the battle. just wait til it drops, it won't be too long

edit: n bomb was not dropped
    test
  18. Micky D

Micky D New Member

got a schedule on these?

interested in the C ron battle

also anything that UGZ is in
    test
  19. heebs907

heebs907 GS ICEY

splash
    test
  20. XQZapproved

we usually average like 2 battles per week and they'll probably start goin up in the next few days
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.