Nislanif do you consider yourself a wigger

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by Shit with corn in it IRM'S BITCH, Sep 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sodium

Sodium I Get Computers Putin'

whats ironic is that you talk bad about him for using labels and then you turn around and label him.
    test
  2. Sodium

and theres nothing wrong with "race sumpremacy championing"

everyone does this on some level. replace the word race with something else. i'm a GS Warriors fan for example. all you other nikkas can die. bang bang GS gang.
    test
  3. this doesnt make much sense
    test
  4. Sodium

yeah it does
    test
  5. double ML

double ML Guest

go suns![stubby]
    test
  6. the only time I 'talk bad about him' is when he doesnt recognise his own racist commentary yet appears to accuse everyone else of racism at the same time. Countless times he says "show me on this site where I have been racist", so threads are made of him making racist comments and he still continues on in denial. He uses his sociological background to try and and side step racism, by making the correct assertion that race is problematic, but only when it suits him, and he isn't as quick to use the same kind of analysis when it is others who are making 'racist comments'.

There is no irony in applying a label to someone if you believe it to be true. I never once said labels are wrong did I
    test
  7. Sodium

your post is segmented in 2 parts so i'll address both individually.

so what.

you made a whole post about how erroneous the concept of race (which is ultimately a label) is. about how soultan was wrong for adopting a race label to give himself his identity.

and yet now you say there is nothing wrong with labels. yeah you're right. we need them to construct ourselves and be who we are. they are absolutely necessary. oh you wanna call soul;tar a "wigger" for that. grow up niqqua.
    test
  8. Sodium

the ultimate truth is that you simply don't like his style. oh you're mad because he is thus styling on you? you're using an elaborate theory to decorate your dislike.
    test
  9. no, the central question was is soultan a wigger. where is da deontology?

i dont justify, nor condone the label, it exists. pithy. and soultan got a seat on the template.

I dont really dislike soultan, hes ok. and the ultimate truth is: you captain save a soultan cus u a wigger too, son
    test
  10. Sodium

be real though you used the word wigger to get @ him something greasy. why would you get @ somebody greasily unless you disliked him.

and i'm black but if you wanna call me a wigger (?) for having a "hip hop persona" << -- (LOL_)

then you need to keep it real w/ hip hop and stop being a xenophobe.

*cranks that soulaboy 8 times to the left*
    test
  11. did this guy just say "keep it real"?

say no more.

[​IMG]
    test
  12. Sodium

youre gay
    test
  13. identity-X

identity-X No Talent Assclown

I don't get your beef [dunno]

white kids buy into aspects of white culture every day, but 1) the images of white culture are never questioned as being "real" or false" and 2) nobody questions why they "buy into" the images in the first place

who get's to make claims about what constitutes blackness? who get's to make claims about what isn't? about what is "false?

for sure, in an age of mass media different aspects of black culture are zoomed in on and it is made to seem that in order to be authentically black, you must embrace those aspects.

but they're still aspects of black culture. partaking in those aspects doesn't mean a person is duped into "buying into" them as representative of all blacks.

what's the alternative? "buying into" constructed (ALL culture is constructed, btw) images of whiteness?
    test
  14. Leila Night

Leila Night efrain,you're my one&only

That's what I was thinking, but not quite as eloquently/concisely.
    test
  15. u seriously detected no underlying jest in the post at all? its not that serious

how do you know what cultural images are and are not questioned? that is a racial assumption that you bring to the table. question is: why this asumption.

yet you band around terms such as 'white culture' freely and these are concepts not to be questioned I assume? they just exist, right? If you question one part of the race puzzle and put forth arguments for social constructs which define reality then u must bring them all to the table to be judged. Reminds me of the feminsists who say "oh nevermind masculinism, its a tiny area not really worthy of study" when 100 or so years ago, and quite ironically, women were being ignored by the sociological gaze in quite the same manner.

ok lets flip it at ground level and say, you cannot say with all certainty that ALL culture is constructed, even though there have been studies which indicate its likelihood. we cannot ignore that which is innate and could effect the socialization process. Would any great philosopher just accept such an assumption?

Therfore, I would urge you to reconsider all your pre-conceptions/assumptions, that you make you so willingly when u embrace the idea of 'white this white that, white culture'. perhaps ask yourself whether or not you have a sociologists bias which is manifested in the form of a political persuasion. just a thought
    test
  16. identity-X

because I never see it. I can't think of one example

I absolutely agree that questioning and attempts at understanding what constitutes "white culture" should be asked....continually.after all, it, like blackness, is not a static category. culture is ever-changing, but it still has roots

our understandings of culture are socially constructed. culture doesn't exist without an interaction between humans and the meanings about the world around us that emerge from these interactions.

meaning is NEVER innate.
    test
  17. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

It's hilarious when people think I just "bought into this" as a means to an end when I've been a part of this since about a decade before most of y'all were born. The first element of hip hop I attempted to master was dance, and that's when bboying was new, not this wanna be usher/omarion/chris brown bullshit. I got pics of me poppin' and lockin' at age 3.

Y'ALL bought into this, bought the CD's, learned about hip hop on the web, and co-opted my culture; a culture I've been a part of since before it was called hip hop and just called "black culture". I had to hip my folks to the fact that they were "hip hop". the culture consists of among other things: DJing, Graph writing, B-boying, emceeing. First of all, if you only do ONE of these things and you not even good at it, you're not hip hop, you're a fan; a tourist.

I told my parents while they bsin', claimin' it's not a culture, how many records and turntables do we have in the house? How many reel to reels? What's that on the wall mom painted up there? What do they think that spoken word they do and listen to (last poets) is all about? My mother introduced me to BBoy battles twenty six years ago at Fisherman's Warf in the bay. Before the american capitalistic market culture took it and renamed it "Hip Hop" and B Boying "Breakdancing", it was just Black Culture. I don't care if you were in the hood or in the suburbs, it was what we did.

Now, if I were frontin' on some crip shit, some drug shit, THEN you can say it's some shit I "bought into", but I'd never do that, because I have mad respect for certain sets in the S. Central area of the Crips and I know better then to start some shit over nothing or a co-opted culture. In L.A. you bet not C Walk if you not crippin', you better not Blood Walk if you ain't blazed up, and you had better know the difference if you traverse the same blocks. Personally, I try not to do that because I refuse to partake in that aspect of it.

Now, the term you idiots have been searching for has been "oreo". Am I a black person who was "raised white" who tries to "act hood". Mind you, I'm old money. Old black money. There is no way I could be raised white. Only new black money or the Black Bourgeoisie (sp) do that. Old money refuses to. Old money doesn't send their progeny to Harvard and Yale, we go to Howard and Fisk and of course, Morehouse. Old money tends to date other old money and not interracially unless one opts out of the society. Contrary to what some may believe, tho: old, new, and no money blacks speak the same way, eat the same foods (though not in the same way) and listen to the same music and dance the same way. We look exactly alike to non-blacks, so there is a common experience amongst us all: we ALL get harrassed by and profiled by cops and store owners. We ALL get discriminated against because we are black, though in different ways depending on the circles we run in (for example, a black man in S. Central would not run into what I run into in their neighborhoods as far as racism and race relations because he likely lives around other blacks. I never have, save college.)

So that's a brief primer on what I called "racioeconomics" in my senior thesis. I'm sure your ignorance/failed attempts at humor will give rise to me giving a part II in another thread somewhere down the line. [dummy]
    test
  18. identity-X

random question...in what year where you a senior?
    test
  19. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

Morehouse '98
    St. Johns High (Bahamas) '94

Didn't know which one ya meant.
    test
  20. u can buy into it without the 'drugs n crips shit'. even your own preconceptions of buying in selling out show you are bought in.

thinkie, think.

p.s. saying 'YAL'L (i'm assuming you are saying white people?) bought into YALL's culture is very offensive. Everyone borrows from cultures, they are not contained systems.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.