Nigga

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by teacozy, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teacozy

teacozy New Member

From the person who brought you http://board.rapmusic.com/overtime-off-topic-discussion/1256205-faggot.html.

A little background; so I've been thinking about something. I'm half-serious but I don't want this to be a "look at me" thread. I stopped saying "nigga" in 2007, minus in context (lyrics, literature, etc). I was listening to a lot of UGK and suddenly felt uncomfortable saying the shit. I'm half-black but I never really had the sort of timbre or swag that me saying "nigga" sounded good to my own ears after high school. Maybe it was going to college with a lot of white kids but it sometimes felt like I lost a lot of who I used to be during those 5 years.

Anyway, recently I've started saying the shit again, and I've got mixed feelings about it. Shit snuck back in my vocab, and I don't have any real thing against it, I just feel kinda weird about it right now.

I was wondering how everyone else feels about the word. Does it matter who says it? Does it matter in general?
    test
  2. MorgzyV8

MorgzyV8 JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ

+cosign

I feel like a chameleon sometimes...listening to my great-grandmamas talk about their life...one left Germany while the furor was in power and the other didn't know slavery had ended and told me stories about picking cotton(actually my gma told me similar stories)....similar shit with my pop's in the south during the 60/70/80's. then learning how to speak Spanish in Chicago so I didn't get jumped by vl's, d's,lk's and other local gangs....then learning how to speak cantonese Chinese to keep up gambling with them fools

dumb shit is always said...but written down its a lot harder to know the context/tone.

I don't bother paying attention to kids saying "Nigge*" on YouTube, xbox or whatever...."nigga"? I pay it 0%
    test
  3. MorgzyV8

MorgzyV8 JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ

lol, basically...I only say "nigga" around fam(related) and females.
    test
  4. Tradish

Tradish illest alive

generally i dont say it, but if people around me says it enuff I unconsciously catch that vibe and ride it.

I dont care about the word. I care that white people care about the word.
    saying it dont bother me, downplaying the word just so u can say it kinda does.

dont know why and only white people doing it bothers me, every minority kidding themselves if they think they not considered niggas too, cept asians.
    test
  5. Tradish

Tradish illest alive

let me add that im half white so I already know whats up in the context of still being considered a nigga.
    test
  6. BlameSubban

BlameSubban Active Member

"I use nigga" - That guy

EDIT: 2:29 - 2:44
    test
  7. proteam40

proteam40 god speed, centipede

I love the way people use it over here. It's only really African immigrants that say it, and they can barely speak English so it's always some broken gibberish with nigga thrown in somewhere. Like I was on the train and these African dudes were talking in their super thick accents "this nigga man, this niggas party was all niggas no bitches i was like nigga why all niggas where are the bitches u know" "my nigga i feeeeels you" shit was hilarious to me because they still wear Fubu and oversized basketball jerseys n shit so I'm assuming they also picked up the word from mid 00's rap music, just like most white people who say it.

Some Aboriginals say it too but they then kinda look at each other awkwardly to make sure it was alright for them to say it. Like they're not 100% comfortable yet.
    test
  8. TrillThugBoss

TrillThugBoss Well-Known Member

i been on a few caribbean trips and the way them niggas say nigga makes me uncomfortable

they like whassup my neeka

its insulting

otherwise fuck it say that shit
    test
  9. TrillThugBoss

i been on a few caribbean trips and the way them niggas say nigga makes me uncomfortable

they like whassup my neeka

its insulting

otherwise fuck it say that shit
    test
  10. TrillThugBoss

that wasnt a mistake
    test
  11. dwelz

dwelz ,,|,,(-_-),,|,,

I say it all the time, but only around my close friends. I feel uncomfortable saying it any other time. I am black,native, and some white stuff but i look whiter than T Money Bags tho. So i just dont say it because i dont feel like carrying around a dna test.
    test
  12. Drones

Drones Active Member

it would be awkward for a black person who's into hiphop and has lots of black friends to never ever say it, right? but it would also be awkward to only say it on rare occassions. it seems like you can't say it naturally without obviously being the type of person who says it a lot (and black, or nems) and you might not want to be that type of person. it's a pretty hilarious dilemma to me. I think cozy needs to either cut all strings to anything even remotely black or reach a level of bousseness that would allow him to say it whenever. like if avon barksdale only said it once every two years, it'd probably still be cool.
    test
  13. teacozy

teacozy New Member

lmao. I actually agree with that. We're trying to do a racial draft and I'm mulling over becoming Puerto Rican.
    test
  14. padwan87

padwan87 I AM NEIL LENNON

i don't like the word,but i did use it a lot when younger listening to a lot of rap,i might still mutter it when listening to a track by myself.i actually get annoyed when white people use it only infront of other white ppl to try to sound cool/hard tht is just an epic fail imo,especially when they ain't got the balls to say it infront of someone who may take exception to it bein used.
    test
  15. Blanco_

Blanco_ Pacman GotTheGatMan

I hardly use the word in my social life, only once in a blue moon it comes out if I'm explaining something someone said if they used the word nigga. When I was younger I used it a lot but I just grew out of it, I don't use much slang like that either.
    test
  16. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

EVERYONE can say it...but NO ONE should...did I just blow your mind? (pause)
    test
  17. You are mad

You are mad Ur so angry

Half black, don't like the word. I ask my black friends not say the word when directed at me. I'm not the kind of person to get hung up on words, I just feel like I'm a human being before anything else. Any other title seems a bit offensive, but it's whatever.
    test
  18. Neanderthol

Neanderthol Well-Known Member

fuqit nvrmnd
    test
  19. tyronehouston

tyronehouston Well-Known Member

Teacozy, you got straight hair. Nigga passed revoked, lol.

Naw but I say it depending where I am at. At work no, but when I'm wit my friends I say it all the time, I don't think i'll ever stop saying it. Has been ingrained in my vocabulary too long, lol.
    test
  20. Judgekure

Judgekure 48÷2(9+3)=288 tbh

You know whats hilarious about this video? Its like something right out of the Boondocks...That one WHITE teacher calls a black kid a "Nigga" and the kid he happened to say it too just HAPPENED to be an HONOR student, in ROTC, A trophy winning football player for the school, etc. And the teacher just HAPPENED to be interviewed by the black news woman.

That whole scenario is hilarious as fuck to me.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.