Nick Diaz to compete against Braulio Estima in BJJ match

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Big K, Apr 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

I assume PM for two reasons:

1. Nick doesn't seem like an early morning type of guy.
    2. The weigh-ins just happened. This is likely a day before weight in event. Speaking of that...

Don't say I didn't warn you guys...

The dudes over at the UG are saying Braulio missed weight by 9 pounds.
    test
  2. Makabreli

Makabreli done

wonder how long before nick forgets himself and the stockton slap makes an appearance
    test
  3. LungZzZ

LungZzZ Well-Known Member

He usually waits until the second round so maybe 6-minutes into the fight.
    test
  4. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

Braulio made the weight of 180 this morning. He had flown from Thailand to London to LA in a span of four days and didn't have much time to cut.

The undercard included some great matches.

Then it was time for the main event...and Nick Diaz was no where to be found.

Even his most hardcore fans are pissed at him. Sherdog and the Underground are going insane. Braulio, who's normally a very calm guy, is extremely pissed as well. He even challenged Nick to an MMA match. Robert Drysdale offered to step in, but Braulio declined...

BTW, before the match, Diaz said he was donating his money from the event to charity. I guess that's out the window as well.

God dammit...grow up, Nick.
    test
  5. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

test
  6. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

Nick didn't just not show up. He showed up, signed some autographs, then left before the match started!

Twitter
    test
  7. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

God damn, Nick is trolling HARDCORE.

[​IMG]
    test
  8. LungZzZ

Pretty sad man. Nick had real fame in his grasp. He has already attainted fame at it's base and core, the petty everyone loves you, but what is he known for? Fighting at Welterweight and BJJ. He had a chance in the UFC to prove he was the best WW, which he didn't, and this fight to at-least prove to the hard-core's he is a G on the ground.

Braulio is getting a little ahead of himself challenging Nick to an MMA match (sit the fuck down, join boxing if you want to challenge people to BS mma matches), but I do see why the man is pissed.
    test
  9. Makabreli

Makabreli done

@BraulioEstima
    Braulio Estima Unfortunately the so expected super fight Estima vs Diaz didn't happened. I'm very sad as I did everything possible for it to happen. I weighed in at 180lbs this morning at 10 am as agreed and asked to see nicks weighing too but I was informed by Cesar his Coach that he was 180lbs in the previous night and that he ate and is over 180lbs even though I just let it go an still showed up to fight. What pisses me off the most is that he was telling he was going to give his purse to charity for the childrens hospital and than don't show up. What kind of person is that. Shame. Ps. I'm sorry for all the ones who stayed up to watch this fight but I'm sure the prelims fights was amazing. Thank u all for the support aways
    test
  10. Makabreli

Makabreli done

if im not mistaken, braulio is planning on doing mma anyway.

not ready for diaz, but it's not like it's a completely off the wall challenge.
    test
  11. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

test
  12. LungZzZ

I hold by my statement and already knew of his want to join MMA.

Believe me, I was excited about Braulio, but the advantages ya'll seem to think Estima would have in the BJJ match against Diaz, I think Nick would have in the MMA match against Braulio (other then the height/reach).
    test
  13. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

idk what nick is thinking sometimes.

im a fan of his but i smh at his actions at times
    test
  14. LungZzZ

^Yeah. I am definitely laying off the Nick Diaz hype from NOW on. First GSP, now this? Come on...

Nate all the way.
    test
  15. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

i wonder if he has a serious problem sometimes. or if he sucks is that big of an asshole
    test
  16. LungZzZ

He is a pot smoker. I am one also and I could see how that could get in that way of making the right choices all the time, ESPECIALLY when choices have a lot weighing on them (in Nick's case).
    test
  17. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

as a former daily pot smoker i dont see how it would affect him in this way. unless the weed has had a serious effect on his brain.

nick diaz has seemed to have had the same attitude since birth, so as lately im leaning toward that he just doesn't give a fuck, which i dont wanna believe....
    test
  18. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

The rumor I've heard is that Diaz has pretty severe social anxiety disorder, which is why he smokes medical marijuana. I'm guessing that like a lot of Caliheads, though, his marijuana use started well before the "medical diagnosis".

I don't see how someone with social anxiety could teach martial arts classes or fight half naked in front of thousands of screaming fans. Anyone with social anxiety would have tons difficulty speaking to media. Nick usually has the opposite problem...he doesn't know when to shut up during interviews. He rambles and goes off on tangents for minutes with reporters usually scared to interrupt him.

He just doesn't give a fuck, IMO.
    test
  19. LungZzZ

Seems crazy but very possible. We all build ourselves up to be very tough, and if someone calls us out on our "manhood" no matter what we usually tend to try and prove ourselves, whether shy or not. In the end of the day MMA is what Nick loves, and I think that's what someone who had S.A.D. would need to do to lessen stress levels, do what he loves.
    test
  20. LungZzZ

In the red is why I love Diaz.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.