nice poems.....

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by *Princess*, Sep 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *Princess*

*Princess* skantless bitch

...i cant write happy nice poems....about anything i've tried and tried and tried and i really want to write a nice happy poem about how happy i am at times..but it seems like the only time my poems are any good is when im really really pissed off at my boyfriend. i cant write about anything good that we do, or even anything nice about my family...i mean, i like how my poems turn out when im mad cause i feel like the reader can feel the emotions and all, but i want to share about the good times too....

so ya, anyone out there help!! im tired of writing mad, sad depressing poems...(even though when my boyfriend and i fight again you'll see another one)...but ya help me out.
    test
  2. Dark_Angel

Dark_Angel Dark_Angel

well i have the same problem, i cant write happy things either, it just turns out sad or depressed but i guess thats just what i write. so i will take advice of this if any of u have any...so sorry i cant help
    test
  3. tk2oo3

tk2oo3 New Member

well i am like that but not fully, see what surrounds me is what i write about, life imitates art, art imitates life.. damn ill never forget those words from my 9th grade teacher haha.. i think what you have to really concentrate on when you wanna write somethin happy ive only had like 2-3 pieces total like these in rap & poems combined an i have like a 1 & 1/2 inch stack.. but you really need to concentrate on details jus think about the situation if its someone you like think about what they do how they make you feel think about their features.. jus describe the scene but use simple language not like some people try to use all "sophisticated" vocab cuz their english teachers kept writing word choice next to their words on their paper, cuz that shit jus comes off really stupid if those words are overused an so far i aint seen you do that :) i dont think you really have to write things that are out of your nature but if you are happy just spend extra time & care developing your first few pieces an then it will come to you.. then youll be able to express happiness..
    test
  4. *Princess*

thanks for the help
    test
  5. Feme Sole

Feme Sole Mrs. _Evil

i basically write about the same few things over and over to be honest......i just change shit up and hide stuff with mets.....
    test
  6. *Princess*

if only i knew how to use metaphors...thats one of my biggest troubles in writing...i wanna use them so bad but everytime i try it doesnt come out right..
    test
  7. tk2oo3

tk2oo3 New Member

thats exactly the strenght of your writing.. there is only one person in the realm who uses metaphors perfect.. and thats megami.. allnakey is getting there.. but other than that its not really something that works.. metaphor are only good if you know how to make a metaphorical situation to which a person can only apply a few select real life situations to connect to it.. because if its gonna be so loose that anyone can relate, in turn no ones goin to relate..
    what i call metaphorical here isnt really fully metaphorical its jus a disguised situation it doesnt necessarily mean you have to have true metaphors in it, it can be jus decriptions.. if you do wanna truly do something metaphorical jus really try to think outside the box of ordinary life or compare a situation to somethin else in life that has the same outcomes an sufferings an emotions.. then jus describe whatever youve found but i think its best to stick to fairly obvious hints your reader doesnt need to understand 100% perfect but you cant confuse the shit out of him jus so you an only you know what the fucks goin on cuz that is what creates bad metaphorical poems..

an my advice is dont look at poets that are out that have written a lot of shit as people to look up to, or poets that everyone likes or considers the greatest as people to look up to.. talent isnt based on that.. there are plenty of bad poets that have had their work published or that everyone loves.. dont follow in the wrong footsteps though you can learn what not to do from those people so look for their mistakes.. i think if your really interested in writing then you might wanna read Stephen King - On Writing its really good it pretty much schocked me to see someone that was mainstream an held the exact same views as me basically an + some, it also kind of depends on how you analyze things so you might not get much out of it.. this is a book mostly on writing books though him & his wife did write poetry in college.. it talks about submitting & shit like that..

um ive only written one poem that was metaphorical an now that i look back on it its complete shit.. i sometimes did include a small metaphor in a poem, like the term black diamond (not race related).. black diamond was basically a term for my dark side & my capabilities (talent), and also a term for my work because it was dark also and it expressed talent.. the one thats metaphorical compared blood to ink & the blood to bleeding in the process of writing, hope that gives you some sort of an idea how to write metaphorically.. too many metaphors will fuck a piece up if you jus use metaphors on every single thing it should be jus a few subjects or ideas at most.. i hope this helps you..
    test
  8. *Princess*

^^ya it helped ima try it out, thanks for the help
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.