NFL Season Predictions

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by Dead Broke, May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PiffInDaHamper

PiffInDaHamper New Member

tom brady throws for 15 and 15
    test
  2. Dead Broke

Dead Broke Money is the motivation

Tom Brady is going to be getting his ass handed to him anytime he plays the dolphins.
    test
  3. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

this will depend on his O-line but yea i can see this happening
    test
  4. hYpOconDriAdIcT

hYpOconDriAdIcT New Member

OK 1st of all, in case u mentally challenged Pats fans forget, Tom Brady suffered a catastrophic knee injury last year, as well as complications after surgery that further delayed his rehabilitation and No amount of Brady's vast resources of competitive drive or Bill Belicheck's wealth of X's and O's can overcome a broken body part. and the track record of quarterbacks who suffered a similar injury is far less than sterling the year after the injury (see: Carson Palmer, Donovan McNabb).

MY SUPER BOWL PICK...... THE DALLAS COWBOYS

THE SAINTS would be another ridiculously strong contender, but Marques Colston has yet to prove he is more than just an awesome rookie year, and Reggie Bush won't have Duece McCallister to pick up blitz's and take the crushing between the tackles.

Between Bush, Colston, and tight end Jeremy Shockey (who has never played in all 16 in a season in his entire career), there are substantial injury concerns to 3 key components of that passing attack, and, while Brees dealt with these injuries last year with much success, I can't see him repeating that performance if all three players go down again.

WHY WILL THE COWBOYS WIN IT ALL??

1. Offense : A FULL OFFSEASON WITH ROY WILLIAMS AND.........
    A Healthy Backfield Will Create a "Pick Your Poison" Scenario for Most Defenses
    The Dallas Cowboys arguably have the most stacked offensive backfield in the entire league.
    Not only do defenses have to worry about dropping back to cover Roy Williams, Jason Witten, Patrick Crayton, and wild card speedster Miles Austin in the passing game, they have to also account for three game breaking running backs in their defensive gameplan.

2. DEFENSE: the dallas cowboys have a MUCH improved defense this year adding a lot more speed in the secondary (they finally removed the liability Roy Williams and sluggish CB Anthony Henry).. what this meens?? this meens they can now stop playing recievers 20 yards off the ball to protect against deep threats and play some man coverage and that also allows for more players to be sent on a blitz.. and for a team who led the league in sacks last year, that could make a good defense... a great defense, and that folks wins championships.
    test
  5. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

42 tds????

man danny u got some low standards for our boy..

hes gonna break the td record again
    test
  6. Dead Broke

he's gunna struggle.

Tom Brady = Jason Taylors bitch
    test
  7. hYpOconDriAdIcT

heres some bold season predictions

The AFC

AFC East:
    1-Dolphins
    2-Bills
    3-Patriots
    4-Jets

Yes the Dolphins will win this division and Yes the Pats be in 3rd, the Bills are the wildcard in this division.

AFC North:

1-Ravens
    2-Steelers
    3-Browns
    4-Bengals

I think the Ravens do big things next year and the Bengals will suck again.

AFC South:

1- Titans
    2- Jags
    3- Colts
    4- Texans

To much change going on in the colts organization... if they win this division I'll put peyton in the top 5 of all time.. a lot of hurdles to overcome for one season.

AFC West:

1- Chargers
    2- Raiders
    3- Broncos
    4- Chiefs

The chiefs got hustled in the cassel trade, the Chargers are the class of this division and the Raiders are one of my sleeper picks.

The NFC

NFC East:

1- Cowboys
    2- Eagles
    3- Giants
    4- Redskins

Being out of the lime light and having a healthy backfield will drastically help the Cowboys out this season.. A solid draft will do wonders for the eagles. However, Having no no.1 reciever will hurt Eli and Inconsistent QB play will hurt the Redskins.

NFC North:

1- Packers
    2- Vikings
    3- Bears
    4- Lions

The 3-4 will help the packers defense and the offense doesnt need any help... Cutler is a little overrated and will not flurish with noone to throw to and the Lions.... well are the Lions. the Vikings success this year is hard to predict with Brett Favre's future not yet determined.

NFC South:

1-Panthers
    2- Falcons
    3- Saints
    4- Bucs

Panthers running game will win this division alone.. the Falcons should be very competitive but the saints will struggle with no other RB to share the load with Reggie and the bucs need a franchise QB before they can take the next step.

NFC West:

1- Seattle
    2- Arizona
    3- 49ers
    4- Rams

Seattle will shock a lot of people this year as their weakness last year becomes their strength this year (wr corps) and a healthy roster will do wonders as well. Arizona will be inconsistent and the 9ers and Rams just dont have wut it takes to be competitive yet.
    test
  8. toker

injured tom brady >>> homo at his best

this nigga wordz is faggot..

cowboy homer

ur team fuckin sucks
    test
  9. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

your delusional

the more you hate him the better u make him seem.....and your a fool to think Tony isn't a good QB
    test
  10. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

I disagree with this

1- Pats
    2 - Dolphins
    3 - Bills
    4 - Jets

agreed IF the Ravens can get one solid WR

No

Colts
    Titans
    Texans
    Jags

move the raiders to the last place and you'll be right

switch the cowboys and the eagles and you'll be right..the Giant's O will be the issue keeping them from being second

switch the Bears and Vikes and you'll be right

i doubt this

Saints
    Falcons
    Panthers
    Bucs

this is possible....
    test
  11. toker

ur an even bigger fool if u think hes good

have any u clowns ever been on an actual football forum???

only ppl who think homo is good r cowboy fans.. go look for urself if u dont believe me
    test
  12. toker

has homo signed an extension yet???

hopefully u idiots give him the bank an dont pay ware

ware in a NE uniform would look nice
    test
  13. hYpOconDriAdIcT

Romo signed his ext last year.. and u wont see ware in a pats uniform until he's 40 lol
    test
  14. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Prove to me he's a bad QB...not winning a playoff game isn't enough to prove this...especially since his stats are better then most the QBs in the league

and ur wrong if u think only Cowboy fans like Romo....Most of the players in the East think he's a good QB..(strahan for example)...He just make mistake in critical times...he's just like Favre

If Romo was as bad as u make him seem, then he wouldn't be on anyone's radar...no teams would really worry about him when playing against him, yet, quite the opposite happens....

lol @ you thinking Ware would ever go to NE....Ware will be one of the top 3 highest paid defenders in the league this season
    test
  15. Dead Broke

Romo's not a bad QB by any stretch of the imagination, quite the contrary actually. He just needs to up his consistancy and be more careful with the ball when it's crunch time and he has the potential to be one of the best in the game.

The way he scrambles around and buys time is a thing of beauty and he's pretty damn accurate. Would love a guy like that on my team.

Only knocks on him as stated before is making mistakes at big points in games, mental toughness and he's not enough of a leader for his team. He needs to step those aspects up.
    test
  16. hYpOconDriAdIcT

Romo ~YDs 7659 TDs 62 QB RAT 94.7~ in his first 2 years starting (plus he missed 3 games last year) this is his 3rd season starting... he doesnt have the weapons he once did and experience will no longer be a valid excuse for him. HOWEVER, if he puts up similar numbers and wins at least one playoff game that proves to me that his skill is not an abberation... This season will tell you a lot about Tony Romo and give him the chance to silence a lot of critics.
    test
  17. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

word
    test
  18. ~Eloquent

~Eloquent Narcissistic....

alright barring some major injuries i got mine ready

AFC
    East
    1-Patriots 13-3(1)
    2-Dolphins 9-7(will have to see if last year was a one year fluke or not)
    3-Bills 7-9(not to sure how much theyll improve,TO will definitely help offense they could be surprise team in AFC but in a very tough division )
    4-Jets 6-10

North
    1-Steelers 12-4(2)
    2-Ravens 10-6*(6)
    3-Bengals 7-9(should show signs of improvement but a lot depends on durability of Carson Palmer)
    4-Browns 4-12

South
    1-Colts 11-5(3)
    2-Titans 10-6*(5)
    3-Texans 7-9(i dont see them being good enough yet to beat out Ten and Indy in this division)
    4-Jaguars 7-9(will have to take some time to rebound after last year,see how their OL holds up)

West
    1-Chargers 11-5(4)
    2-Broncos 7-9(offense should take a big step back this year)
    3-Chiefs 6-10(improvement but Cassel has limited weapons compared to N.E.)
    4-Raiders 4-12(nothin ever goes right for them i didnt like what they did to add depth for WR's and DT's either i doubt theyll ever stop the run or have a reliable receiving target for this year besides Miller and maybe McFadden out of the backfield)

NFC
    East
    1-Eagles 12-4(1)(did a good job of adding depth in the draft and getting more weapons for McNabb
    2-Giants10-6*(5) (Burress really didnt have that great of a year last year but still he was Mannings more reliable option....have to see how Steve Smith and Hixon step up lots of youth at the WR defense and running game should keep them in most games)
    3-Cowboys 9-7(could be wrong here but im expecting them to struggle in this division a little)
    4-Redskins 7-9(4th best team in a really good division)

North
    1-Packers 10-6(4)(defense had some problems last year but i like them in this division and Aaron Rodgers to continue to get better this division can be won by anyone except Detroit)
    2-Vikings 10-6*(6) (their probably most peoples favorites but well have to see about their QB play holds up for the whole year,Jackson should continue to improve but still will make some turnovers that probably will cost them at least a couple games)
    3-Bears 9-7(this could be the surprise team in NFC it looks like their passing offense should be a lot better....still though besides Olsen Cutler wont have too many reliable receiving options as of right now but Devin Hester could be a potential breakout at the position should have a solid run game and defense,how the receivers play will determine if they win this division or not)
    4-Lions 4-12

South
    1-Falcons 11-5(2) (this could be the darkhorse to win the NFC, Ryan should continue to get better and they should have a top 5 run game too....and they got Tony Gonzalez now and Roddy White looks like an emerging star at WR)
    2-Saints 9-7 (offense should be explosive but what about their defense)
    3-Panthers 8-8 (im lookin for Delhomme and their passing game to take a step back this year...still though they have a great running game and still pretty good defense)
    4-Bucs 6-10...(rebuilding year no solid options at QB)

West
    1-Cardinals 11-5(3)(im sold on them to continue to get better,Running game should be improved they have potential to be top 5 offense in the league and they might have the weakest div. besides afc west)
    2-49ers 8-8(potential dark horse alot will be based on if Shaun Hill can stay consistent for a whole season)
    3-Seahawks 7-9(cant be too surpised if they can bounce back in return to form they had way too many injuries at WR last year and well have to see if Hasselbeck is healthy this year
    4-Rams 4-12

Wild Card roundColts over Ravens
    Chargers over Titans
    Giants over Packers
    Cardinals over Vikings
    DivisionalSteelers over Colts
    Patriots over Chargers
    Eagles over Giants
    Falcons over Cardinals
    AFC Championship
    Patriots over Steelers
    NFC Championship
    Eagles over Falcons

Super Bowl
    Patriots over Eagles

seems i pick them every year but with them adding Joey Galloway Fred Taylor already to a very explosive offense they finally should finish it off this year.....
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.