next gen coming 2012?

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by OurSin, Aug 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadweather

deadweather ******

oursin thats such a gross exageration and you know it.

higher resolution textures requires more storage capacity

thats not a laziness issue, that's an issue that can be quantified.
    its the difference between listening to a lossless flac file and listening to an mp3.
    test
  2. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

gross exagerration?? wtf...have you played MGS?? Shit was quite annoying....i just left and went and did other shit between chapters....

i think i'ts lame, if they can fix that it will be dope......even the regular load times were bad for next gen.......

I"d rather sacrifice texture files for load times myself.....it's a laziness in design if you know your designing for a certain system. It's like porting Crysis over without trying to compress the textures, it'd explode both the ps3 and 360.

anytime a fps that's probably 10 hours long needs more than 1 disk, it's an issue. and i'm sure the ps3 version of this game is going to load most of it on the hardrive like a pc ( the real issue here is the 360 not having a mandatory hardrive, not the size of the disk since the pc versions will undoubtedly be on dvd's aswell)
    test
  3. deadweather

deadweather ******

oh well, i'll take a 10 minute hard drive instllation over loading mid game any day of the week
    one of the perks of your console having a hard drive as standard configurtion.

it wasn't like those hard drive installation sequences were every 15 minutes.
    of course you left and did other stuff, everyone else did the same thing.
    mgs4 is the only game that had that setup, and its a small price to pay to play the bust current generation game right now.
    test
  4. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

I would too, if it actually didn't load mid game

mgs 4 had some of the worst load times ever for a next gen game....i mean we got a "loading" screen after every section of a level. even if it was 10 sec's
    test
  5. deadweather

deadweather ******

test
  6. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

why post a link to something you just made a thread about that i commented in?

and you must not know alot of people, or just people willing to forgive it cause it was such a good game. or ps3 fanboys.

fact, load times sucked in mgs4, and i loved the game.

man you ride the ps3's nuts hard though......won't even acknolwdge it's real faults.....and act like ti's the second coming...lmao...
    test
  7. deadweather

deadweather ******

because i didnt think that was a fault. because i'm used to installation times having been computer gamer for many years.
    test
  8. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

if nothing else, ps3 games take a shitload of time to load when you play the game for the first time.

When I first got my ps3, i kept thinking it was messed up because for some reason the game had to load before even playing it.
    test
  9. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

you gotta be kidding if you havent heard anyone else complain about the loading....konami themselves told reviewers they couldnt say anything about the load times if they wanted an exclusive early review....many people complained about it.......the simple fact is...it would take a shorter time to switch a disc....then sit through the installation times on mgs4....seriously.....
    test
  10. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

well us console gamers dont' like it
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.