next gen coming 2012?

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by OurSin, Aug 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

No next-gen consoles until 2012? - GameSpot News Blog - Gaming News and Videos

damn @ it almost being 4 years since the 360 came out......

then again, when the 360 dropped at first, i didn't feel the need for a new system then either...i didn't think they would be able to upgrade it too much......

most people are just now getting their current gen system....and their aren't that many good games out at all yet (probably because they take twice as long to make now)

interesting read anyway.......if it kept going the way it's been the last 10 years, we'd get a new xbox next year..lol
    test
  2. deadweather

deadweather ******

test
  3. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

after seeing games like metal gear solid and gears of war

i don't think it's much more they can do graphically........except up the resolution or whatever....atleast not right now......

only system i see getting a "next gen" soon,is the wii....since it's so cheap to make and buy.....i'd love to see them implement some of those ideas that VR guy did with the wii mote.
    test
  4. deadweather

deadweather ******

360 is maxed out
    sure..

too short a lifecycle.
    they'd be crazy to ask people to shell out $600 for a slightly superior system

nothx
    test
  5. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

They're both maxed out. Having more space on a disc doesnt mean anything.
    test
  6. Corn Pop

Corn Pop Langford.

2012 seems like a good time to aim for. definitely not any sooner (for Ps at least).
    test
  7. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

^ Yes, perfect timing with the end of civilization as we know it
    test
  8. Corn Pop

Corn Pop Langford.

exactly.
    test
  9. deadweather

deadweather ******

lol.. ps3 is maxed out?
    it has only begun, ps3 at best is only now entering the second generation of games.
    every generation of games on a console gets better looking because developers learn to exploit the features of the consoles as much as possible.
    test
  10. deadweather

deadweather ******

when john carmack speaks. EVERYONE listens.

Carmack: Rage to look worse on 360 if limited to two DVDs - Joystiq

"The developer's upcoming title Rage could actually look worse on Xbox 360 "due to the compression needed to fit the game's assets on two DVDs," reports Shacknews."

disc space isn't important you say?? developers have cancelled games on the 360 because of storage issues.

its like that.
    test
  11. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

LMAO this nigga is the biggest joke ive ever had the pleasure of reading on here, if the ps3 was ever deaded you would kill yourself wouldnt you
    test
  12. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

^^oh no! we miss out graphically on some shitty FPS...... what shall we do
    test
  13. deadweather

deadweather ******

shitty fps?
    test
  14. ReverseSWAT

ReverseSWAT Active Member

PS3 is on a 10 year cycle anyway..
    So November 2016 release date sounds good to me for PS4 regardless of whether Microsoft or Nintendo do something way sooner.
    test
  15. deadweather

deadweather ******

both sony and ms learned some lessons

sony - never be late to market again. ps3 is the first time they had a console with online as standard, so they're still figuring shit out. they will lock in exclusives by contract. less expensive dev kits, more support to developers. Being developer friendly is incredibly important, especially when your console has completely new architecture.

microsoft - will most likely avoid hardware plagues. i'm sure they'll be even more aggressive getting exclusives. they will probably buy more development houses.

the point of getting ff13 is not to give a big fuck you to sony, its more of a strategic move to make sure that their base never had a reason to buy a ps3. at the end of the day they're still getting a port of a ps3 game, but its a massive blow none the less. sony will learn from that shit

nintendo learned a new lesson too. they learned they be issued federal reserve bank status by the united states government
    test
  16. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

2012 Sounds right. I don't think I'd want anything anytime sooner. Maybe late 2011. PS3 has alot of life still, I think.
    test
  17. Langford

Langford New Member

i hope sony doesn't rush out their next console just because microsoft decides to.
    test
  18. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Disk space isn't a big issue....blueray is too big and loads so slow, that half the game needs to be preloaded onto a hardrive, which means your going to have to by new hardrive space.
    test
  19. deadweather

deadweather ******

i haven't had any loading issues with bluray
    say what?

wtf @ too big?

half the game doesn't need to be preloaded to the hard drive, just the essential components of the game.
    you never installed a game onto your computer? its a one time thing.
    test
  20. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

you haven't had load issues? You haven't played Metal Gear Solid? I had to load for 30 sec's after every little scene, then 4 to 8 minutes after every chapter....gay...

only games that don't have to download to your hardrive for load issues, are games that can fit on a normal cd.....

blueray disks only have something like a 1.2 disk reading spead, which is why they have horrible load times and require hardrive space. It's not needed. Carmaks game is just lazy design if compression is a problem.

and i had to install metal gear over 5 times , once after each chapter....so no it's not a one time deal.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.