"News" on Jericho, Undertaker, and others...

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by Mac Sabbath, Sep 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Feign interest, nothing else is happening right now...

All the recent buzz on Chris Jericho has helped searches on him climb Yahoo.com's top overall searches movers list. Searches for Jericho jumped 551% in one day. He was the thirteenth biggest mover of the day yesterday.

Chris Jericho posted on his website that he will be in New York City on October 29th and 30th shooting for VH-1’s “I love the 60s” show. Ironically, RAW is in Philadelphia that night, which would be a short ride from the New York so Jericho, if he is indeed signed, could easily be on RAW that night.

Edge will be returning to WWE television very soon. He should be back by Survivor Series in November at the latest.

Ric Flair will be doing a signing appearance on October 19th in Orlando, Florida. It’s interesting to note that WWE’s office booked the appearance, so take it for what it’s worth.

Undertaker is on the cover of the latest issue of WWE Magazine. It's interesting to note that his 'Sara' tattoo has been photoshopped from all of the photos of him in the magazine. He's been on the cover of the magazine on two other occasions this year, and the tattoo wasn't removed in those issues. The tattoo was also photoshopped from the pictures of him at Unforgiven on WWE's website. He still has the tattoo on his throat as it was visible at Unforgiven.
    test
  2. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Who gives a shit about Jericho? Edge is coming back!
    test
  3. abztrakt

abztrakt the impossible cool.

The Game Plan starring The Rock was a surprise #1 at the box office on Friday, beating projections. The movie is now expected to debut #1 for the weekend. Originally, The Kingdom was expected to debut #1. The Rock was said to be very happy about the news.

NO WAY, ROCK IS HAPPY TO HAVE THE #1 MOVIE? THIS IS NEWS!

TNA Impact did a 0.9 rating this week, down from a 1.1 last week and down from the recent shows which have been doing 1.0s or higher. The drop may be due to the return of new episodes on network TV.

Might have to do with the sucking too.
    test
  4. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Lol Ecw Falls Flat And Still Beats Tna This Week.
    test
  5. DaAlmightyDolla

DaAlmightyDolla Greatness

our tag team maybe over b4 it started if u make comments like these
    test
  6. Waze

Waze Tha Prophet

u got it
    test
  7. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

Impact is on at the same time as The Office and Greys Anatomy. Impact should be moved to a new time slot..
    test
  8. Waze

Waze Tha Prophet

OR A BETTER NETWORK!!

like abc or cbs
    test
  9. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

lol @ Spike doing TNA a favor. That ain't happening anytime soon
    test
  10. abztrakt

WWE being up against Monday Night Football is more of an excuse than TNA going up against Grey's Anatomy. I really doubt that there are many people who WOULD watch Impact, but don't because Grey's Anatomy is on.
    test
  11. abztrakt

Other than giving them a show, giving them a prime time slot and giving them two hours, none of which TNA really deserved. Spike has done a lot more for TNA than TNA has ever done for them.
    test
  12. abztrakt

ABC wouldn't put up with 1.0s, even on a Saturday. Shit, the CW wouldn't even stand for that.
    test
  13. Waze

Waze Tha Prophet

maybe they just need commercials..

test
  14. Nam Dekan

WWE can barely get like a 2.2 in Prime Time on NBC. Perhaps TNA could be on ABC like at 3am.

They are the best off with Spike..I would think that a Wednesday slot would be better. Seems to be less shit on TV that day..

Yeah but Impact needs every last person they can get. I watch the Office on Thursdays instead of Impact. I sometimes catch the replay though..
    test
  15. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Any theories on the Sara thing?

I'm guessing WWE is against affectionate dead people.
    test
  16. abztrakt

Maybe they just need to actually put out a good product.

test
  17. abztrakt

Well, Lost is on Wednesdays, so I'm not sure that would be much better. I really think that no matter what timeslot they're in, no matter how long the show is, no matter how much they promote it, they're going to be stuck around 1.0 until they actually put out a product that's going to draw people in.

It's been excuse after excuse as to why TNA's ratings have sucked. First it was because they were on FSN in the afternoon. Then they got on Spike, and it was because they were on on Saturday nights. Then they moved to Thursday, and it was because it was on so late. Then they got prime time on a weeknight, and it was because they only had one hour and that wasn't enough. Now they're on Spike in prime time for two hours and I guess it will be "lack of promotion". I guess I don't watch Spike TV enough to know how true that is, but I do know that having UFC as a lead-in couldn't do anything but help them and they still got pretty much the same ratings they got when they were on late Saturday nights. I wonder if the ratings would be better if they were putting on actual good shows like they were doing a couple of years ago.
    test
  18. Nam Dekan

I don't think Lost comes back until January or something like that..
    test
  19. Machilles

Machilles If you want a God

Also, TNA really needs to quit looking for free publicity because it just doesn't work.

Guys like Pac Man, Arquette, K-Fed, Rodman, Leno, and ICP (even while kids were pretending to like them) don't make people want to watch wrestling. What makes wrestling popular is making it acceptable to 5th and 6th graders when they want to look edgy; these are the people that are going to force others to watch it.

I know this because I did it. I remember a day in fifth grade when over half of my school sported Austin 3:16 shirts.
    test
  20. abztrakt

Could be, but Spike has UFC on Wednesday anyway, and UFC is a much bigger money maker for them than TNA since it not only gets better ratings, but it draws better advertisers because it's seen as a legit sport. I doubt Spike would want to put UFC on the same night as a WWE show because they would probably lose some viewers and they're not out to start a war with WWE like WCW was. So that leaves just Wednesday and Thursday since they're not going to put these shows on the weekend since those are low ratings nights and definitely not on Sunday, since that's PPV night.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.