New York Times Article On Sage Francis..

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by GameRGame, Feb 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord of Emo.

Lord of Emo. all hail.

you've never seen sage perform live. he's absolutely insane. the dude has way more charisma than jay-z. while jay's delivery is just about perfectly polished, sage's isn't that far back. he's forceful and really grabs your attention. plus the motherfucker is hilarious, witty and intelligent. the only thing you can argue against him is the lyrics that you don't understand, or his flow that USED to be off.

but whatever.
    test
  2. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

nah, I heard Sage's flow/delivery (a difference, once again) and it's not close to Hov's... and once again, Sage's DELIVERY (erratic changes in his voice and attempt to harmonize too much) get annoying... his flow is on-point... flow is more about hittin' the drums/kicks/snares at the end of the bar.... he, more often than not, does that... I just can't stand his delivery

the harmonizing is the most annoying part IMO... reminds me of Nelly with VERY INTELLIGENT rhymes at times and it can get annoying..... once again, Sage is probably one of the greatest writers in hip hop though
    test
  3. ZEUS OF THE UNDERLORDS

ZEUS OF THE UNDERLORDS LI's Most Blunted

[​IMG]

the crowd looks real into it...lol...
    test
  4. dj battle cry

dj battle cry Active Member

^that's sage francis?.......i hope not.....i feel good for that guy....fuck out
    test
  5. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

No wonder Spanky is such a faggot, that's his idol. Come to think of it I saw that idiot Sage at Scribble Jam over the summer. Dude looked like Matt LeBlanc on a mic. He kept sayin the same three words over and over for the first 5 minutes he was on stage. It was at that point I burst into laughter thinking about all the RM numbnuts who worship this freak like a God.
    test
  6. MagicDonJuan

MagicDonJuan Active Member

I do happen to smell good.
    test
  7. Cognition

Cognition Homicidal Nemesis

That article was garbage(poorly written garbage for that matter)...and...fuck it... anyone that agrees with it doesn't know what what the fuck they are talking about. Jay-z isn't even on Sage's level. That line quoted is better then anything I have EVER heard from Jay-z, it's just pretty clear to me that you guys just aren't getting it. Opinions, opinions, contrary to the misconception, yes there are stupid questions, as well as stupid opinions. Umm...that's all, fuck off. I'm reminded why I rarely post on this board once again.

"Universal truth isn't measured in mass appeal" ~Immortal Technique (though the majority of you fucks probably don't know who that is! HA!)
    test
  8. T.Nitewulf

T.Nitewulf SHUT THE FUCK UP

all that and I didnt read shit.

byebye...

<~~~~Neg Rep me if you like..I already got 2 of those for this post.
    test
  9. Make

Make New Member

i perfer sage over jay. not that jay isn't a good rapper, but he isn't exactly what the hip hop world needs at this point. pretty sure we got enough mainstream out there already. anyway, sometimes music isn't subjective. the facts are facts. sage is a better writer. jay is just socially acceptable amongst a nation of stupid, tasteless, retards. jk... kinda
    test
  10. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

That's not even a funny joke. If Sage is a better writer (debatable at that) than he should write books of poetry, cuz the rapping part ain't workin to well for him. I saw him at Scribble Jam this summer (prolly the only good thing about livin in Cincy) and dude was HORRIBLE. Eyedea was better than him and I hate Eyedea to death.

Long story short Sage, made Brother Ali and Little Brother rap GODS by comparison. If you wanna listen to something that's not "mainstream" but is actually quality try the latter two names.
    test
  11. Al Murder U

Al Murder U Lyrically...

if thats the only reason you have for jay not being good, you're an idiot. ovious somebody who's already posted in this thread. If anyone was to pick fifty lines that were worse than that one would only be a comercial one, which would be taksin outta context or saying he "bit" big lines.

one of his most simple lines is a lot better than that one

Do you fools listen to music?
    or do you just skim through it?

because everybody just rides jay for his comercial shit...ands dont really know how great he is, how intellegent of a person he is....the same qualitys u see in sage could be what i see in jay....i like jay for a number of reasons that u like sage, but that doesnt mean either is right or wrong...its a matter of opinion, and im not beoing racist but race does have a big hand in it. niqqas i know dont knowwho the fuck sage is and i owuldnt if it werent for rm.

ps

g codes better than 500 degreez\
    and lights out is better than carter
    test
  12. ??¿¿??

??¿¿?? The Mic Genious

Aight Jay-Z is better then Sage Francis.. there is no question- so why argue?. Why isnt Sage Francis going platinum off his corny punk/emo cracking voice or his CD just gets passed around and used for beer coasters.

and before... you say im a Jay-Z fan, I have all Sage Francis albums, ive known and listened to him since 99 when my freind who is into the underground showed me some of his shit, dude can write but that shit dont appeal to me. Hes on some bullshit, hes too arogant for his own good and hes still underground. WOW he got a following but 3,000 people isnt much considering Jay-Z got millions when he goes platinum.

so be gone faggots Jay-Z eats Sage Francis and if u were to compare them, only catogory Sage would take is lyrics, metaphores, noone wants to her his whiny voice and im tired of hearing him cry about everything. IF things are that bad for him, he should commit suicide.
    test
  13. ThaReal

ThaReal Hip Hop is NOT dead!

Jay-Z is better than Sage Francis, let's not kid ourselves...Sage is not a rapper, he's a poet who thinks he is one

I understand why people like Sage but the praise he gets is disgusting, while MCs who are actually MCs get overlooked

Sage has great lyrics but when your flow/delivery sucks balls, I don't care what you have to say...write a book or something
    test
  14. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

Don't up month-old threads.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.