New year, new war.

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by GaLaTeA, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Today I found out that one of my colleague's kids got beaten into a pulp by a hockey coach.

The thing that made me want to break the sound barrier was her approach to the whole situation. Instead of reporting the incident to the police, she's of the opinion that it would only make things worse (she's the "turn the other cheek" type thinker).

I sincerely hope that hospital staff reported it (as is their duty when these cases happen).

Her son's one of those kids that are usually easy prey for bullies (had probs with a few from elementary school on), although I don't know much about why it happened (current event mentioned), I can say that her son isn't someone who'd provoke or instigate a fight.

Once he's fully recovered, I'm teaching the kid basic self defense and getting him to get to talk to someone about it.

What kind of a man beats a 15 year old and thinks it's actually all fine and dandy?!

:smh:
    test
  2. MissAndrya

MissAndrya Evolution is what is.

Sounds to me like the boy's biggest problem is his mother.

My son was a thin, shy, timid boy, who wore glasses (and resembled Harry Potter, only with lighter hair). he was teased and bullied relentlessly. He came home with bruises, cuts, and once a black eye. I called the school several times to complain, only to hear from the principal that 'this did not go on in his school'.

I. Was. Pissed.

The last time I called, I started yelling (which is not me because I tend to deal with people with the 'honey catches more flies' method. I lit into that principal, telling him he was a liar and explaining the bruises/cuts my son had and the crying he did, and that he had better start dealing with the issue....

...this is when a secretary suddenly said 'hello...?'

The principal had put the phone down and walked away. The secretary had discovered it and picked up.

Ask me if I was impressed.

I decided that my only choice was to educate and arm my son with ways to avoid and prevent the bullying. I had been talking to him, trying to council him on the 'whys', but that wasn't enough.

Most of the incidents took place when his back was turned, so I taught him to always keep his bullies in his sight, eliminating opportunities. I taught him to stand up for himself, to say no, and to shout 'stop', rather than just 'take it'.

One day, I got a call from the principal. Turns out my neighbor was also giving lessons, only his were with a punching bag. My son stood up and cleaned the clocks of three of his bullies, and the principal told me this was unacceptable.

I told him politely to go fuck himself.

Years later, and having grown to a 6'4", 200lb frame, he is the popular one. The 'go to guy' that everyone loves. I am uber proud of that kid.
    test
  3. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

i'd break his kneecaps
    test
  4. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

I'm not a parent, but there would be no force on this planet to keep me back from going blitzkrieg on kid's assailant.

She's trying to sweep everything under the rug as if it's not a big deal, but when your child's in the emergency room unconscious, with broken bones, black and blue, teeth missing, cracked jaw, etc...the last thing one should be doing is going "nah, it's all good. I'm sure the guy didn't mean to hit him as hard."

I generally stay clear of telling people how to raise their kids, but I wish more parents would do the same as you did with your son. And kudos for that.

Thing is, kids can be pushed for only so long before they explode, and sometimes those consequences can come with a much bigger price. It also worries me that what if it goes as far as the kid thinking of suicide. Because usually the kids being picked on either make all these negative experiences and turn them into something positive later in life, or worse, they themselves either take the helplessness out on themselves or others.
    test
  5. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

100% agreed.
    test
  6. doslavozes

doslavozes Neg This Post If You're Gay

He should be neutered....with a butter knife.
    test
  7. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Yeah.
    test
  8. doslavozes

doslavozes Neg This Post If You're Gay

He should be forced to watch Sketch Menace battles on repeat.
    test
  9. MissAndrya

I agree that the coach needs to be dealt with, and not lightly. Thing is, I'd like to take a round out of the mother as well. That infuriates me.
    test
  10. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

From what I've been told today said coach's been known as a "tough guy" in the area where my colleague lives, and supposedly it's not the first time someone's been beaten by that guy.

Then she found every possible excuse as to why she's not pressing charges. apparently "her son was at the wrong place at the wrong time", "she'd feel guilty pressing charges", is "scared what might happen if she did press charges", and to top it all off she demanded her son say "he fell from the ladder" when explaining it to the medical staff.

Wanted to hit a wall.

So everyone's going to be silent, until the coach takes ish too far and kills a person, then it'll be "oh, but we never saw it coming".

I swear by not saying something in case the worst case scenario happens, people who're silent should be held responsible as well.
    test
  11. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

Lol @ harry potter.

My 11 year old nephew looks like harry potter.
    test
  12. MissAndrya

Careful, or I'll beat you up, lol
    test
  13. MissAndrya

The more I hear about this situation, the more I'm likely to develop an aneurism from my seething anger. You know when you get too angry to speak sometimes?? That's how it makes me feel.
    test
  14. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

I bet you could put up a fight.
    test
  15. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

And I don't agree with that behavior either.

Some grown ups need knocked the fuck out.
    test
  16. MissAndrya

My little secret, lol
    test
  17. MissAndrya

True story.

It's frightening how high the number of adults who need an ass kicking is.
    test
  18. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Oh I know...was fuming yesterday.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.