NEW version of xbox 360 coming out soon w/ 120gb HD + HDMI

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Embassy Sweetz, Jan 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

It will take longer than DVD, but there is alread a substancial interest in HD, digital and Blu Ray.

Here every 2nd advert is HD Sky or HD Xbox or HD TV's. Not everyone is as in touch with tecnology as we are. People see shit on TV and hear some bloke down the pub mentioning the same thing, they think they have to have it. That's how broadband took off when half of Britian didn't even have the internet.
    test
  2. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

They should have pushed it on the NEXT consoles. What are they gonna push then. I figure by the time the next consoles come out, HDDVD formats will just be starting to take over. Right now they aint even close. Nobody really cares. So that means our next consoles will have some other gay shit. SuperHDDVD, with superfast pausing and motion sensing remote controls!
    test
  3. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

no it doesnt make a huge difference.....stop spreading bullshit...

hdmi exists for one reason...copy protection....its a oneup on dvi to include sound on the same cable.....its all for 1 thing..copy protection..

you cant tell the difference between a component connection and hdmi connection on a good set running 1080p.....
    the issue is they wont LET you run 1080p on most component connections because of the digital flagging to protect HD content....

and comparing s-video to hdmi...they arent even intended for the same purpose...compare hdmi to component and there is no difference other then digital flagging
    test
  4. LiQuiD6

you guys should be talking about microsofts new IPTV for 360 instead....its real....and it was just announced.......

streaming tv and tivo built into your existing xbox 360....starting late this year
    test
  5. Look im Gangsta

Real?

Not for us it aint.

Neither is PPV movies.
    test
  6. LiQuiD6

us meaning those in the uk?
    test
  7. Embassy Sweetz

Embassy Sweetz 360's thee-shit,-b

i could give a fuck less about HDDVD or Blu Ray in terms of movies or TV..but in terms of HD GAMES im very interested...its hard to appreciate HD gaming until u witness it on a nice screen..it just puts shit on a whole other level...so im glad they added the HDMI...cuz unfortunately like liq said..the big movie companies are FORCING everyone to use HDMI for copy-protection reasons...so its cool MS threw it on the 360...plus that 120gb HD will come in handy...

to someone who mentioned they should included all this st uff from the beginning..that'd be great..but it also wudda cost $600 bucks easy...since they waited a year the cost to make the 360 has dropped significantly so they now have the ability to add extra shit without balooning the cost which is great...none of the extras hurt old 360 owners either so u guys realyl arent left in the cold.
    test
  8. Look im Gangsta

No.

The frogs, the krauts, the mics, the home of football, the tartan army, the spanish, the samba supremos, the japs, the dog eaters, the aussies, the rest of the world.

I don't think even Canada gets it.
    test
  9. Look im Gangsta

Sorry, but I completely dissagree.

Keeping the price down is irrelivant if you have to pay more in the long run anyway. I'd rather pay the $600 up front than have to buy it bit by bit and pay more for it.

Plus, currently the 'packages' Microsoft offers are terrible. The core is supposed to be all you need for the next gen experience. To enjoy games, movies, live! and HD quality gaming. Standard next gen.

Well, you don't get the wireless controller, you don't get HD equiptment, you don't get a hardrive and you don't get a headset. You have to buy all of that if you want to get any sort of experience that differs more than graphics on a game, you can't actually save.

It would have been better suited to have made that the core package and this new set up, the premium package, with a few alterations.

Honestly, I'm none too bothered as I didn't pay for my console, but it bugs me when people try to defend MS doing this, simply because they are staggering it.

I want a next gen experience now, that's what I'm paying for, so I don't want that shit in installments, I'd rather wait.

I don't care about the price and frankly, not many people do when it comes down to it. If it's worth the money and it's worth the money. The only reason I disagree with Sony's high price is because it certainly aint worth the money.
    test
  10. Embassy Sweetz

well apparantly alot of people care about prices cuz the PS3 is sitting on shelves across the country..theres just a price u cant go over in video games..i think $400 is that limit for most people...

as i said before..theres nothing on the new 360 u cant get on your old one...ur not missing out on anything..u got your next gen experience right now..the core is crap..and its been crap..and MS never said thats all u need...thats why they dont even call it a "360" ..its just called an " xbox core" the premium is the " 360" cuz it comes with all the stuff u need..i agree they should drop the core..make the current premium $300 and make the new 360 $400 and im pretty sure thats wat they're gonna do.

and it has nothing to do with MS selling stuff piece by piece..its about the choice..for people who want HD movies go buy the HD DVD , for people who want to download HD movies on LIVE u can go buy the 120gb Harddrive soon, if u want to play on LIVe to sign up etc etc..so they're making it flexible..thats the Ps3's problem..regardless if u want Blu Ray or not if u buy a Ps3 your stck with it...if sony did wat MS did and releases a regular DVD drive version of the ps3 that shit wud be selling like hotcakes..and wud only cost around $400...
    test
  11. Esko

Esko Retired M O D

the HDMI may be true but dont expect to hear anything official until GDC or the new min-E3....

The hard drive upgrade most likely wont be seen until the new IPTV service launches later this year....
    test
  12. LiQuiD6

bro the bottom line here...is you dont need hdmi....you seriously dont...its not like microsoft is releasing a package with a faster processor that will run games better...its an optional attachment that you honestly wont get much of an advantage of having....

there were 10 different revisions of the ps1 internally during its life cycle because of flaws and problems with design...i had to turn my ps1 upside down after a while because of the fucked up lens and power supply being on the wrong side of the system

the ps2 had many revisions internally along with a slim line unit that had ethernet built in....remember you had to buy an ethernet adapter for the ps2 originally.....while the xbox had it standard

SO WHY ARE YOU BITCHING?!?!?!
    test
  13. TK-Arsenal

TK-Arsenal beastin'

i love shit in HD, i love my hdtv... but i agree that DVDs look fine, the advantage of blue-ray/HDDVD though is that they hold more space so they can do more things also... not that i fuck with the extras on dvds and shit, i just watch the movie... but now they can add a whole bunch more, and wont need double discs and shit...

but either way the HDMI is important, though the component cables are just fine for my HDTV... but the toher shit i dont worry about really
    test
  14. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

The core was intended for casual gamers who dont really give a fuck about internet gaming. As well as kids, who might have a harder time getting online. Either way though, once you add on the price of a memory card, you might as well have got the premium anyway. Basically, the core was a way to get broke mufuckas to buy the system if they aint wanna pay 400, and I think its good to have that option.

Price does matter tho, thats why WII is flying off shelfs and PS3 is stacking up on shelfs.

As for the "you not caring about the price"...you got your shit for free, otherwise you wouldnt have one PERIOD lol. So, I dont think you really have alot of room to talk.
    test
  15. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

It is a fact that Bluerays hold more information. But really, nobody is having trouble getting movies on DVDs right now, so that voids that.

As for gaming. Companies aint gonna make games bigger or longer just because they have the space. There is still developement costs and other variables, so that shit aint gonna make no difference there either. Besides, for real big games, I aint never had a problem with dealing with 2 discs.
    test
  16. LiQuiD6

very true...more space doesnt equal larger game.....game dev's arent gonna randomly fill up space......if anything all that larger space does is allow them to store more items on disc uncompressed....instead of compressing textures to 128mb they have the whole shit on there at 512mb.....but that alone slows down game loading....so its a double edged sword....you have more room...but if you get lazy with development it will bite you in the ass with performance.....so more space isnt really needed for gaming......only people who will take advantage of it....are japanese developers who are still CGI nuts...like square.....who love throwing 3 hours of CGI into a game instead of using the in game engine......which as we get better and better with graphics......CGI will become less and less common....and now with procedural rendering becoming more common in games you will see games take even less space......i mean just take a look at roboblitz on xbox live arcade......that game is amazing looking for 50mb.......

the main advantage to sony using blu-ray..is that they can put the japanese, american and uk versions of a game all on one disc....without having to manufacture different versions for different regions.....
    test
  17. TK-Arsenal

TK-Arsenal beastin'

i can see the benefit to larger CDs for games... games like GTA you could have bigger maps, more cars, more traits for peoples appearances, more weapons, etc...

but with that space they will eventually find ways to innovate... like you can buy a movie that has the game on the same CD, like say Superman Returns and you can switch between the 2 and get hints from the movie on what your suposed to do for the game... or i dont know, im sure they will find a way to incorporate that extra space into dope shit...
    test
  18. LiQuiD6

gta doesnt even fill up a full dvd9 right now.....so you dont even need that extra space.....what they would benefit from if anything...is being able to put more music on it....but other then that.....it wouldnt do shit for the game
    test
  19. Ethan Albright

Ethan Albright New Member

why buy that big ass hard drive to attach when you can just hook up a flash drive or an external hard drive?

I've got 130 gig hard drive for my 360 lol....for music and all.
    test
  20. Embassy Sweetz

external Media are " read only" for the 360...so yeh all u can do is put music and i think videos but u cant save games or stuff from XBox live onto an external drive...so thats why a larger proprietary drive wud be beneficial.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.