NEW version of xbox 360 coming out soon w/ 120gb HD + HDMI

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Embassy Sweetz, Jan 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Embassy Sweetz

Embassy Sweetz 360's thee-shit,-b

test
  2. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

This aint true. The HD DVD shit alone cost 200 bucks, plus an 80 gig hard-drive update? Well, it might be true...but it wont cost 400 dollars. I can guarentee that.

It is kind of sad tho, my IPOD has bigger hard-drive than my fucking XBOX 360.

EDIT, I misread, my bad. This could be true.
    test
  3. Pyro Tecknik

Pyro Tecknik Harbinger of DOOM

i'm buying it.
    test
  4. Atom React

Atom React aka JAYO

ima be tight, if that shit really be $400

its like the fuck, you wait for everyone to cop the current $400 then hit us with that kind of update
    test
  5. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Ehh, its not really that big a deal, the only noticable difference is the bigger hard-drive, so they dont look so outdone by SONYS. But really, chances are you will NEVER fill the hard-drive you got, unless you download alot of shit in the arcade.
    test
  6. Embassy Sweetz

Embassy Sweetz 360's thee-shit,-b

well with the new HD movie/TV download service on LIVE..that 20gb will fill up quick as hell..so 120gb should be good..i just wonder how much they plan on selling it seperately for those with the "old" 360...

but yeh they HAVE to keep this at 400...MS just starting to see a profit on the 360 so that gives them the leverage to either drop the price on the existing 360 OR keep the price and upgrade the components...which would be a smarter move..even tho you'll have some pissed off "old' 360 owners..

but yeh they NEED HDMI if they plan to compete in the format wars...using VGA to get a 1080p picture is just not a great idea..so this will get rid of that bullshit for peopel who need 1080p.

plus the smaller proceesor is cool..cuz i do remember the 360 gettin pretty hot..but mine never overheated...also i HOPE to GOD They upgrade the DVD drive cuz that shit spins WAY TOO LOUD...i remember they changed the original XBOXs DVD drive too..so they might do the same here.

either way..this benefits us the most..if u got an older 360 u can expect a 120gb HD soon and for us who are waiting to get one..we get the newest model for (hopefully) the same price..
    test
  7. Atom React

Atom React aka JAYO

truth

i dont be fuckin with tv downloads and all that so it really wont effect me
    test
  8. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

I really dont think there is a "format" war going on to begin with. With both systems, people seem more interested in the games then an upgraded DVD player.

Furthermore, it dont seem like SONY is doing too good. I was at best buy the other day, and they had like 20 systems. So if SONY aint selling well, that also means there is less impact in a format war.
    test
  9. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

MS already fixed the DVD drive problem, Emb. At least in the '2nd generation' consoles, I'm yet to hear the drive going crazy, but it is noticable on my mates launch console.

I'm slightly pissed off because they should have done this at launch. They knew it was going to be needed, they knew the public wanted a bigger HD and HDMI. Again, the same thing WILL happen with the HDDVD drive.

That said, I bought my Xbox 360 for gaming, pure and simple. The HDMI issue bugs me, but still, I'd rather outsource my sound (My HDTV is VGA or HDMI, not component) than cop a new console for it. VGA is good enough for me.

I don't care about the HD DVD crap and I wont be downloading TV programes, because

A. I can stream cable through my 360 via BSKYB on Online Services on Media Player and

B. That shit wont get released here anyway.
    test
  10. Look im Gangsta

There's no war because no one is buying either format. I'm talking aboutside the console.

People are too scared of wasting their money on something that could be the next Betamax.
    test
  11. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

I'm tired of these console companies thinking that we want our consoles to be both media centers and gaming entertainment sources. If I want to watch movies...all I have to do is turn on my DVD player. DVD players are DIRT cheap now. My DVD player weighs less than my 360 and it is RAZOR thin. Who needs all this extra crap with a console.

See, that's the deal with these companies that originated in making things OTHER THAN video game systems(ala Sony and Microsoft). Noone cares or needs Blu-ray...noone wants all of these HDMI attatchments..etc. HD for gaming is fine......Microsoft needs to stop there. All I need is my games and Xbox Live(whenever I get time to get that set up)...this other stuff really isn't necessary. The more stuff that they add in these consoles...the bigger they get...the louder they get...and the more heat they expel...not to mention they start to get really ugly too. PS3 looks like a George Foreman grill and 360 looks like an overweight guy sucking his stomach in. Stuff is ridiculous man. Not to mention...I saw a PS3 at this game store last week..it was running...that thing is louder than the 360...I heard it running all the way in the back of the store...sounds like a diesel engine or a radiator fan. These consoles are getting crazy. Don't get me started on the Wii either....the Wii looks like an external harddrive that you'd connect to ur computer via USB cable. At least nintendo's focus seems to be on gaming only though.
    test
  12. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Like I said, I went to bestbuy and they had a ton of PS3s chilling on the shelf. Nobody wants to pay 600 bucks for a system, reguardless of what it comes with. Microsoft smart, come out with the shit early, cheap, and then OUTDO SONYS technology when you can do it cheaper.

Not really. DVDs are still quite NEW. People just dont buy into the idea that there is a big difference in these new DVDs. Theres MANY advantages to a DVD over a VHS, which is why the transistion was so accepted. This new shit has little to no advantage. Nobody really cares how good a picture is. I mean, you do to a certain extent, but these tedious differences arent worth the investment. Furthermore, how would anyone be "out the money". Youd always have the movies and the XBOX or ps3, so either way you can play the shits. There wont be no next generation systems for at least 5 years...
    test
  13. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

lol I got an external drive, shit do kind of look like the WII. Reguardless, I dont care what systems look like so much, but I agree with these faggots dictating what people want. I mean honestly, WHO DOESNT HAVE A DVD PLAYER? I dont need a HDMI or Blueray player, who does? Im sick of these companies telling us what we want. I can understand the DVD player in the PS2, cause DVD still wasnt that big (tho I still had one), but this new shit is garbage. Im glad Microsoft keeping their HDMI shit on the side, cause I sure as fuck dont want the shit.
    The more shit they try to shove down our throat, the less shit people will swallow. PS3 can do all kinds of shit, like browse the web I think?

I mean, anyone who can afford a PS3 should already have a computer and a DVD player, so why do they need another one?
    test
  14. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Exactly...there is no need to be web browsing with a PS3 or any other console. Shit is ridiculous. I can think of better ways to use $600 dollars.
    test
  15. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

this is still a rumor....

none of this is real yet......

the 120 gb drive may be real.....the hdmi output is more on the line of being fake
    test
  16. Pyro Tecknik

Pyro Tecknik Harbinger of DOOM

if you have an HDTV(720i or p-1080i or p), the HDMI makes a huge difference. think of regular DVD as PS1, S-Video as PS2, VGA as XBOX and HDMI as PS3 or 360. i noticed a difference between regular dvd and the s-video connection alone.

i want HDMI on my console, and i'd much rather pay $200 bucks for the HD DVD attachement for the 360 than pay $700-900 for a separate HD DVD player. that's why the PS3 costs $600+, because it already has the blueray disk player installed to watch High Def movies. in the next couple years, DVD won't be the industry standard anymore.
    test
  17. Look im Gangsta

Everything is a rumour until it's in your own bedroom, aint it?

This is the next inevitable step. Whether it happens now or later, this WILL happen.
    test
  18. Look im Gangsta

What's that got to do with them ending up with the same console as Sony and the same amount spent on it in the end?

The best bit would have been to have made this new console the premium and then the current one (excluding a few things) as the core.

I was repeating what market research and consumer queries show.

People do care. Sadly they do. Console users might not, but home cinema enthusiats (who probably don't use consoles) very much do.
    test
  19. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

I disagree. There is nothing to make the masses want to convert. Going from VHS to DVD had several advantages. No more fast forward or rewind to find spots, no more rewinding period. Better picture and sound. No more static or dirty VCR heads.
    The difference between a DVD and an HD-DVD, may have a noticably better picture, but nobody cares. How good does shit have to look. As far as im concerned, DVDs look just fine.

Sure HDDVD formats will take over eventually. Im thinking maybe 7-10 years before DVD is obsolete. But it wont happen until HD DVD players can be bought for 150-200 dollars. Thats the thing, shit aint worth all the extra money...its something people can easily live without.
    test
  20. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Im talking about the average Joe. The vast majority. I used to be one of them enthusiasts myself...but now..I just dont fuckin care. Mufuckas gonna keep coming out with different formats until we get some Star Wars hologram type shit. But really...there is nothing to suggest that any of these new formats is worthy of the average households time or money.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.