New to logic - need some help

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Maine, Mar 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maine

Maine Member

Hey,

I've been an avid Reason user for years now, and just bought Logic 9. I'm working towards making the gradual switch over to Logic although I'm having some trouble with a few basic things.

Firstly, I cannot locate the EXS24 to lay my drums with? Where can I find this in Logic 9?

Secondly, the learning curv seems a lot different than Reason..how did you guys learn Logic? (please share) Are there any tutorials I can watch, buy, download? What's the best way to learn the in's and out's of Logic?

Thanks
    test
  2. Kartuush

Kartuush New Member

Logic info

To access the instruments you can either go above where it says inserts on the channel strip area(that's the area where the fader and volume level is) and click that slot, or go to the slot right above where it says stereo out and click that and you will find the instrument plug-ins. Hit the help slot for questions you may have and that will bring up the manual and if that doesn't help just go to youtube and type in what you're looking for. I'm pretty sure it's on there somewhere.
    test
  3. iamkimosabi

iamkimosabi New Member

Hey Maine.

You can use Logic WITH Reason through rewire. That's the beautiful thing about Reason.

When you load up a session with Logic, add a new instrument track. And route them to the particular Reason device you have opened in reason. Make sure you open Reason AFTER you open Logic. And have your rewire hooked up. For more info, youtube.com > How to use rewire in Logic.

It's super cool.

Best of luck bro.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.