New Studio/Office Space! We just moved in. Check out the PICS!

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by SamSneed, Oct 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

The office is a good look....but what do you do besides production to need all that space and rooms....
    test
  2. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

"13 dollars per sq ft?

26000 a month....nah"

naw, drop a zero off that figure, its around $2,600 a month.
    test
  3. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

theres 5 of use involved in this. theres another producer thats sharing the studio...the artist, billy da kid (the rap games next big thing), who is gonna run is record lable. there two other people involved in a clothing line/sports appareal...one of the rooms is gonna be stricly a lounge/eating area...theres gonna be a lot of shit going on at once...the whole idea was to centralize everything we are doing, so now it becomes our place of business. it changes the game completely cause now u go from a couple of dudes with talking about doing a bunch of things and having no formal structure and what not, to a running a real business...
    test
  4. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

aaah, i just realized how the numbers don't add up...the space is listed at 2000 square feet, and we pay a little less then $2,600, so that would mean its around the per square foot is at $1.30 which would make more sense...see thats what happens when you fail math 4 times in college...
    test
  5. I-ki

I-ki New Member

yeah $13 per sq ft/month, you should be walking in gold....
    test
  6. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

damn, ya'll shoulda got a smaller spot...my mother has a studio (not an audio studio, but a home decor and custom designs studio) with like maybe 650 or 700 square ft and she payin 750 a month.....

ya'll got capitol, so i suggest ya'll get a gun permit and a good alarm system if that area isnt under good surveilance at night......
    test
  7. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

yeah, but we honestly lucked out with this spot, the price was great, the timing was perfect, the building is brandnew, the offices are in great condition, we're in a nice location, and its very incognito, shit like this seems like it was ment to be....we already on top of the alarm system, its going up tomarrow moring, we probably aint even gon waste time with permits, a gun charge would be the least of our worries. and what we had before that was around 600-800 squar feet, and its was not big enough to work the way we need to work.
    test
  8. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

thats not good if you running a business..... business is all about math at the end of the day
    test
  9. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

medicinal....if u can count money, u can run a business.........
    test
  10. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

haha, dawg that shit was a joke...but i actually took calculus 4 times at rutgers, dropped it 3 times and failed it the last, fuck that shit...have u ever taken calculus at the college level at a school like rutgers?!? that shits no joke, especailly when ur tryin to make beats everyday...
    test
  11. -GZ-

-GZ- Posts Unfunny Pics

im taking calculus...

i also haven't made a beat since school started tho...
    test
  12. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

yea you can run it..... but running it well/max. profitability... ROI ect is all about math... simple math... maybe for you b/c you are (from what i know) a smart guy it seems simple but you would be surprise on stuff people stuggle to do...

Its simple but people mess up their credit/ miss payments ect
    test
  13. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

yes i took calc and stats.... calc is no joke... but i did not know what type of math you were talking about.... it could of been basic algebra....or something... calc was my lowest grade in college....
    test
  14. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

"im taking calculus..."

taking calculus is one thing, at the high school level, or community college level, or even at a lot of regular universities....but rutgers is no joke dawg, if it was for the livingston campus's lower entry requirments, rutgers would be an ivy league school, they in the process of getting rid of the livingston college, and having just 1 entry requirment for the entire university so that they can become an ivy league school...that place is noooooo joke at all...and i fucking hate that place.
    test
  15. -GZ-

-GZ- Posts Unfunny Pics

^thats exactly why im taking it in high school
    test
  16. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

trust me I know... I had the highest grade in my class in high school calc...then i went to college and they put me in my place.... so i have nothing but respect for a 4 year college level calc....
    test
  17. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

Dont do it like me.... I decided to take it over instead of testing out b/c I thought I had to take it regardless (come to find out i did not).... and that messed up my freshman 1st semester.... and it was like 4 credits....
    test
  18. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

depending on what u major in college, if ya go, you may have to take cal 2, or 3, or 4...that shit just dont stop at calc 1....a good friend of my brother got into the engineering school at rutgers (and for anybody that knows that shit is ridiculously hard). he had to take up to calc 4, i took a look at his notes and his text book...that shit was crazy, like advanced physics and quantum physics, and all types of other crazy bullshit...its the type of shit you see rocket scienctist do on the discovery channel...
    test
  19. -GZ-

-GZ- Posts Unfunny Pics

but i know ill have to take it when im in college..

plus, i took ap calculus as a sophomore, so with two years left, i didn't really have any other options
    test
  20. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

but dawg, its not even that...when i was at rutgers, id meet people who transfered and whatnot...the shit is a rude awaking even for people coming form other 4 year colleges
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.