New Studio/Office Space! We just moved in. Check out the PICS!

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by SamSneed, Oct 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

we just moved out of our shitty ass offices, it smelled like wood chips, it was in a basement of some old ass building that was built in the late 1800s, shit didnt even have the 3 prong wall outlets...we moved into some nice ones...we still got a whole lot of shit to move and whatnot but i took some pics of the place and the studio layout for now, we just finished moving in most of the studio the equipment...

[​IMG]
    hallway

[​IMG]
    the bathroom

[​IMG]
    some random shit

[​IMG]
    some more random shit

[​IMG]
    one of the rooms

[​IMG]
    another one of the offices

[​IMG]
    a fridge in the lounge area

[​IMG]
    studio room, with some of the shit in it...we gonna build the both in the closet,we gonna take the shelves out, most likely gonna sound proof it, maybe replace the door with one with a window

[​IMG]
    studio room form the another angle

[​IMG]
    a temp layout of the equipment, to see how everything fits

[​IMG]
    gear layout, nothings hooked up yet...we're also gonna put up acoustic treatment, and we might paint the walls...we'r gonna get a couch in there too, a tv and some other shit...ill put up more pics as it comes together...i gotta take pics of the old place too, that place was a pice of shit.
    test
  2. The PusherMan

The PusherMan New Member

looks sick...good job on gettin all that together

how much do you pay for the space?
    test
  3. K_City

K_City K-City da Hustla

Nice place....are those mis matched monitors tho?
    test
  4. diabolic

diabolic beats for the streets

i dont like how the mpc is so fare away but yea nice house
    test
  5. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

u should let me have your mpc
    test
  6. MFB

MFB Ciroc Boys

dope....
    test
  7. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

how much did it run ya?
    test
  8. KSoundz

KSoundz New Member

niccccccceeee
    test
  9. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

"Nice place....are those mis matched monitors tho?"

hahaha. yeah, i just put that up to take the pic, we got both sets, but one of the events are blown, they just look damn sexy though so i had to take a pic with at least one of them up.

we actuall got a really good price on the space. we're in the central jersey area, right by rutger university (for anyone that know the area). office space around here usually runs the $18-$28 dollars for a decent to nice office. the old office we moved out of was in the down town newbrunsiwck area (the city that rutgers is in), and they were really shitty offices, building was real old, and i think we only had around 600-800 square feet @ a price of somthing like $18-$20 a square foot...this building we moved into is brand new, 2000 square feet at less then $13 a square foot with a bathroom w/ shower, a free fridge, table, an attic, and a parking lot.

i got a couple more pics from tonight

[​IMG]
    this is cable fun

[​IMG]
    this is cable fun part 2

[​IMG]
    set the mic up tempararly to see the cable lengths

[​IMG]
    hooked up all the shit and got everything up and running, we still got one more piece of gear to add, a central station, it should be comming in soon

acoustic treatment is the next step.
    test
  10. Definit

Definit Based.

the racks should be under the record player, ditch the two white stand below both...

the MPC should be where the racks are....

the Mixer ontop of the racks...should be where the midi controller is...

the midi controller should be on a Keyboard Stand...with the other keyboard...get a Double Keyboard Stand...

n then you'd have more room

oh n you needa Match up them Monitors...lmfao...that shit just isnt right...looks like guitar center or something, haha

anyways...looks more like a House you moved into...rather then a Studio/Office....

dope studio Room tho...

i got one too in my 2 bedroom apt...it's way nicer to have people come into a room dedicated to the studio...rather then a Bedroom with a bed and all the studio gear surrounding a bed...lmfaoooo...

oh, and to the Couhc idea...thats a Must have....

b u t..........the TV idea...KEEP OUT...that shit is such a fuckin distraction....fuck that...keep that shit in "THE LOUNGE" area of your house...thats for the goon squad to sit n play video games while their homeboy is busy droppin heat...they just there for the ride n support...so keep out the tv is my biggest suggestion, i've had that shit turned on...in the middle of a recording Session...im like WTF!!!!...hit stop...and told homeboy rec. to tell his mans to get the fuck out or im no longer doing goofy ass business with people that aint serious about music and my time...str8 up...

ok im thinkin im pissed just thinkin about the idea again....sorry, i had to vent...the shits irritating as you can see...a MUST NOT...if you plan on gettin shit done...nah mean...1ne

goog luck...and it looks dope for a place...
    test
  11. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

naw i feel ya, but the way we have it set up in the last pic is pretty much they way its gonna be, we're gonna get another mixer stand to through the mixer on it, and get just not use the white blocks at all

the other rack is now under the desk, and i think it the best place for it, we tryin to keep everything at arms reach.

plus the way its layed out is so that i can work and another dude can work. im the in house engineer and producer, and theres another producer thats gonna work in the same setup...so its got to be functional for both of us...everything is gonna be patchec in the the patchbay, the bottom part of the patch is gonna be hardwired into the inputs of the 002rack, all the gear is gonna be hardwired into the top of the patch bay, so that way we can just patch all the inputs in from anywhere into any input on the 002r, just gives us sooo much more freedom. the mixer is only gonna be used for the mpc...all the outs on the mp, go into the mixer, the mixer has two seperate main outs...one of those ins gonna get hardwired into the patch bay, to be patched into an input on the 002r, the ALT out of the mxier is gonna go into the central station (when we get it). its set up this way so that the entire setup can be used with or with out the computer being on.... so if i wanted to make a beat on the mpc and not fuck with the computer, i hit the ALT out on the mixer that then goes to the central station, then out to speakers, the fantom and the motif then can be patched from the bay into the mixer. when shit needs to be done on the computer, mixer goes to main outs, into patch bay, into 002r, all the other shit gets patched into the 002r...it works so that we can even work indivdually with one on the comp and one on the mpc at the same time, and never get in each others way....its a beautiful thing really

its not a house though, its a two story office building. theres another business downstairs, we got the entire second floor. dude that owns the business down stairs also owns the building, he's mad cool, he dont give a shit about loud music or nothing, he said we can basically do what ever the fuck we wanted up there.
    test
  12. P R I M O

P R I M O Shout out to Autotune

I feel that, shit looks hot. I just dont like how high the mpc is because you'd have to stand up to do something, but i'm sure yall gonna move it

Hot ass office space tho man

how much is it a month??? the one i'm lookin at is about 360
    test
  13. -GZ-

-GZ- Posts Unfunny Pics

what are those racks by your controller?
    test
  14. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

it kinda looks like that in the pic, but when your actually sitting in the chair, and ya move to the left, to the fantom and the mpc, its actually in a pretty good spot, it may have to be a little lower, but ur actually straight to work in the seat

we got to furmans, the motife rack, the 002rack, a dbx compressor, and a patch bay, im about to head over to guitar center to find out about the central station, and to the right on the desk is the universal audio solo 610 pre.
    test
  15. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

"how much is it a month???"

its alittle less then $13 a square foot, pre month
    test
  16. noVa ProductionZ

noVa ProductionZ RS7K 4 LIFE!!! MPC BLOWS!

how many sq feet u reckon u have there?
    test
  17. I-ki

I-ki New Member

looks like an ill spot....
    test
  18. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

2000 square feet
    test
  19. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

^^^^ so your telling me you have 2000 square feet and your paying 13 a month per each square foot
    do that math and tell me what your paying a month because maybe im retarted and your not paying a rediculous amount of money as my mental math would suggest
    test
  20. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

13 dollars per sq ft?

26000 a month....nah

go ahead and tell us what u are REALLY paying per month homey.....
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.